Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Ah finally, a new game that adds the most necessary gameplay element, pooping. I can only hope it can be weaponised like way back when in SS13, where a determined soul could take out pretty much anyone with some creative usage.

I’d seen this game mentioned in the Warband thread and it looked interesting. The last 6 pages have given me little information about the game, but boy do I have a lot of new facts about the medieval bohemian racial diversity, historical accuracy of cutting v. thrusting swords and also that the lead guy in the development team is an rear end in a top hat. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

There's a huge GoT total conversion mod for this in the works so will be worth it just for that.

The larger and more ambitious the mod, the less likely it’ll ever be completed.

Fingers crossed this is one of the few that make it.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i always just assume that people who think that night is super dark have poor night vision

I mean if it’s cloudy or the moon’s taking a night off it’s going to be pretty dark

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Using the alchemy table in the “witch’s” hut causes me to rapidly start to rise into the sky, through the roof. Which was really quite cinematic and pretty until quit the alchemy minigame.

What goes up must come down. At least I had a recent save!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The dice game would be a lot more fair if they people I played against ever realised they win once they hit 2000 and rolling for more points past that literally does nothing. I feel like they’re missing the ability to realise when they’ve won.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Don’t think I’ve found a weighted dice yet. I found a lucky dice, though I haven’t noticed it doing anything unusual yet, and Henry’s Beta Die from home. :unsmith:

EDIT: I looked them up, apparently they are both weighted! The lucky die has a slightly higher chance of a 1 and a much higher chance of a 6. Henry’s die has a massive chance of rolling a 2, probably why the description reccomends not using it for gambling. Have resisted looking up any other die.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I had a really nice time hunting rabbits with Hans, and also enjoyed him being more than a one dimensional rear end in a top hat. Would go on a hunting trip again.

Fortunately a +5 bow potion I’d bought and the drunken aim +2 perk boosted my 1 point in bow up to 8, which made hunting rabbis a lot easier.

Playing Henry as a Valiant goody two shoes I only looted one rabbit, instead of strapping as many dead bunnies to my body as possible until I could barely walk for maximum poaching.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress the the dickheads hunting ginger. they are tough as gently caress and i am cheap mother fucker who exploited the st george glitch. so i ended up just sneaking in at night and caving the ones head in and then just brute forced the other dude to death. i could have trained in stealth, but he wanted obscene prices and was a criminal, so i killed him

Throughout the mission the Captain yells at you if you do anything without letting him know first. If you do keep reporting back to him he’ll send a guard with you to the dying bandt and his friend in the woods. And if you find the two guys hunting ginger, run away and and report back, you can ask him for a hand and he’ll teleport you, himself and three Rattray Guards to their camp and shred them himself. Bernard is a beast.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Guessing alchemy recipes can be fun, and frustrating, but you can certainly get a few of them by the descriptions of the herbs. Including two which don’t seem to do anything, mind endeeblement potion and another. They don’t even have icons. Once you guess the base liquid and ratio of herbs, the game starts giving you the next step to pwrfect the recipe each time you brew it.

This system is somewhat bypassed by the bug(?) people have noticed where all steps relating to heating over time can be safely ignored, which means any recipe which only uses different heats and times will be instantly solved by just getting the right stuff in the pot first time.

I mean I’m guessing that all heating errors are lumped into the one mistake you’re allowed to make? Can’t complain when it comes to cold-brewing Savior schnapps, saves a lot of time.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

I suspect that the heating times aren't critical so players can discover recipes on their own. If you had to trial and error the heating steps you'd go insane. It'd be cool though if it only told you the heating was right when you got it right.

You also don't really need to guess the base liquid, if you look in the herb part of the book each herb will have the triangle icon for the base.

Each time you do the recipe with the right ingredients, it’ll unlock the recipe in your book and then start unlocking steps to complete the recipe, one at a time. So you do it once and your recipe will now say “Add Nettle to the pot and boil for one turn”, then do it again with that step and it’ll show the next one. Which is I’m assuming the intended way, but with the heating bug you frequently skip all of that and jump to the full recipe.

And pretty sure a couple of times the liquid’s down the bottom have not been the one in the recipe just to confuse me but could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Jusupov posted:

During the final large mission I was trying to talk to one of the lords to finish a quest line, I kept sleeping or waiting a few hours at a time and the lord slept for 3 days straight in the same spot. Reloading a save fixed it and he woke up

Must’ve had a heavy night