Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Yeah, but hose guys are fit and trained. Henry, despite being a blacksmith apprentice is a level one scrub.

Im not in the best shape but i wore and moved around in armour just fine when i had the chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's already present to an extent but more to the point not all of us still have the reaction times of 15 year olds and this game has no difficulty slider.

In 90% of games you can just think your way through it, even if that just means cheesing it somehow. In Skyrim the cheese was "crouch and stab" because for some reason enemies were always loving blind, in this it seems to be "shoot them point blank in the loving face".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its such a shame that people (that i know in real life) are giving this game a pass over the dev. It's so goddamn good. I really like the combat, i really liked beating that rear end in a top hat in the archery contest/swordfight and it felt really cool fighting and executing perfect blocks/attacking/getting blocked/defending again.

It felt like an actual sparring match. Granted i had a shield because i stole it the night before. How do shields affect blocking? Is it just easier? You use less stamina on non perfects?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

kidkissinger posted:

It's entirely the creative directors fault for people passing over this game.

White nationalism is, quite understandably, a huge turnoff for people.

Eh, its not like the studio is going to lobby for poo poo, game studios don't have that kind of money. :shrug:

Where can I grab more lockpicks? Just shoot random Cumans?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You know what'd be real fuckin' good as an improvement? If when it says "wait until morning" while you're on a quest in the middle of loving nowhere, the game just skips to morning.

I'm currently sat in the forest at night with hans, unable to do gently caress all, because i'd slept earlier that day.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ThomasPaine posted:

There is a wait button that's functionally the same as sleeping but you keep losing energy, the game doesn't save, and you don't recover wounds

Oh cool, i'm an idiot.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

How did you miss this they teach it to you in the tutorial at Talmberg (serious question since I'm working on this guide)

It's been a few days since i played so I assume I'd just forgotten.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Junkenstein posted:

Haha, wait, that Big Fat Pig icon actually denotes a GOOD status effect? So there's no reason not to just munch every bit of food you come across?

No its bad, people are talking about well fed, where you eat properly and never get hungry, but also never get massively stuffed.

That said i'm enjoying being fat henry and i'm annoyed i'm not getting a badly bloated character model to walk around with.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Palpek posted:

Oh poo poo, there was some tension early on but I didn't expect a romance with Lady Stephanie of Talmberg. Henry you Casanova.

Really? I pegged that would happen in the first two conversations

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This is precisely why i bought that sprinter perk.

Figured i'd be chasing down people.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Swords aren't cool tho. Axes are cool.

Want them to flesh out the other weapons.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
poo poo, remember that watch dogs video where a guy went round scanning dudes and if it said "gay" "jewish" "muslim" "furry" etc he'd murder them? Think it actually made the news. People were pissed.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm starting to understand more why every single video game ever is set in made up fantasy land as opposed to 150km SE of Prague, 1403.

You say that, but the shadow of war thread took a massive "IS TOLKIEN RACIST" like anyone actually gives a gently caress every 20 pages.

It's a game about stabbing orcs

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm willing to bet 90% of the archery is too strong people are using the cursor hack.

I'm waiting for the next patch before I revisit this game, but now that i've figured out archery i can effortlessly win competitions, but opponents who are moving are still difficult enough that nailing a dude with a headshot before his buddy's get up close feels really good.

I do agree that they do just need to go ahead and stab you if you're in melee with a bow out though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've got a friend who's got a massive boner for any stealth and he made it work, but he said its a shitton of grinding out your stealth and failing a lot.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Out of curiosity, what do people want out of the "fuk peple" quests?

I don't think i've ever seen one done in a videogame well, certainly not well enough for me to remember. I think mass effect had them reference it maybe?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you have any system that relies on player skill rather than pure numbers, you'll never be able to pull off "weak as gently caress can't fight" characters.

poo poo, now that i've spent more than 10 minutes fighting i just murder everyone and my stats aren't that high. That's not the games fault, that's because i'm a dick who goes for face stabs and then I back up to do it over and over again so I can win without taking damage.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Neurosis posted:

you can put skills behind character and game progress thresholds like devil may cry, bayonetta etc, too.

Sure, but that never felt like my character was weak, that felt like the game was just making me play a certain way.

I like that in KC:D that at the beginning I swing swords are exposed parts and gently caress people up because of it, but the downside is that because of that gameplay decision, its open to getting abused by people who are good at it.

That's fine, honestly it is, just patch a helmet in for Runt or something and you're all good.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Group combat sucks, lock on system sucks, it's dumb as gently caress that I have to tank live five bandits while dumbass Ulrich fights them one at a time. Even if I stand there and watch him rush in, then turn tail and flee, I'll get five dudes chasing me while he melees the archer.

Combine that with locking on and MASSSSTERRRSTRIKE and perfect blocks and it turns into "mash shift to point your character in the correct direction for the next quick time event!"

Every idiot with a hunting sword is a god-tier blocker so there's no point trying to get a regular hit in

Just stab them in the face

I actually think the combat is probably one of the better parts of this game because it feels like I have to give a poo poo about my positioning, rather than games where I just charge in and one shot everyone.

Well, up to a certain point, anyway.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's good, a little janky, kinda like oblivion at release?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ostrava posted:

That's fair. I had a good time getting to that point though.

Yeah you're gonna get like a solid 15 hours out of this game if you're actually experiencing the world and not power-levelling. I feel like the people who spent like 5 hours punching a dudes rear end to max their stats early are playing this game wrong, tbh.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've shelved it, but i'm gonna go and complete this game probably in a month or two. Looks like they've kept up on working with it.

I don't see the inventory problems though, myself. Was a bit weird at first but I get it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah that's how I did it. Just domed both of them with arrows and hosed off.

That was around the time I put the game down though, too many bugs and this was near release. Have they fixed most of the game breaking poo poo yet?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
In fact doing that is probably one of the easier ways to make money, assuming you don't wanna go kill a few dudes and then sloooooooooowly limp back into town.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I have a hard time not recommending this game, actually. I didn't have any horrendous game breaking bugs in my playthrough but now apparently even those are fixed. I think my main issue is that you can't really play this game in like, 40 minute or so segments. I feel like if I don't have 2 hours to play i'm going to get nothing done.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
And the robots are saying "HENRY'S BACK" to eachother

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The trick to the Cuman fight at the start is to shoot the fuckers, tbh.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Coolguye posted:

kunesh is actually invincible and one of the early ways to grind your character into the sky was to place him somewhere you could reach his motionless body and wail on him forever with a sword/whatever

Honestly this post just reminds me of that guy who spent like a day stabbing kunesh and then complained that the game wasn't challenging.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Party Plane Jones posted:

lockpicking is comically easy in this game, I'm not sure where people are heaving trouble with unless they're playing on console

A lot of people don't realise that its based on how long you hold it. "I failed immediately" means you didn't hold long enough. System isn't particularly easy to decipher

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
As soon as someone say's "Graphics aren't good" when talking about a non-AAA game and the graphics aren't a complete eyesore, I just assume everything they've got to say is loving garbage, to be honest

Like how the gently caress is this not fine?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's exactly what I came here to ask for, thanks!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The Cumans weren't that hard but I domed one with an arrow before the fight started and then spent the rest of the time just walking backwards and lunging. Seems the AI can't deal with that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The arrows always go in the same spot so if you really want, go old school. Get a tiny piece of blu tac and put it on your monitor :v:

I haven't used a crosshair in literally two years, so i'm pretty decent at the shooty rabbits game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You can do that digitally with an overlay and then don't have to put stuff on your monitor.

Or just activate the in-game crosshair. :shrug:

I was mostly joking. I remember people doing it for old CS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Most people miss that going back and going "uh dude, mind giving me a hand" is an option, so it definitely should be pointed out :v: