Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
lmao if you buy games when you can just watch someone else play them on twitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
either way thanks to all the beta testers jumping in today

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ihmemies posted:

In the starter town I get 40fps at 2560x1600, gtx 970 & 8700k. All minimum settings. Seems this game wants something better hardware wise.

it wants a computer from 10 years in the future

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
anyone else planning on doing a white genocide playthrough?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Double Bill posted:

This is the kind of game you watch a streamer play, and laugh at the jank without the irritation or spending money.

i have it on good authority this game is free for soyboys and sjws

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

The Chad Jihad posted:

The music is fine when it's just generic fantasy elevator music like the near-entirety of Jeremy Soule's oeuvre, it's pretty bad when it tries to be dramatic, like the near-entirety of Jeremy Soule's oeuvre

Save system is garbo

Skill system is bad too but it makes me feel like I'm cheating the system when I use the infinite time in the tutorial area to harvest plants and jump repeatedly so its a wash

A lot of the perks are dumb and feel more like starting traits you'd pick in fallout

First impressions I award this a Risen out of Gothic 2

protip: you can also punch the horses near mum & dads house, if they path towards mum and dads house when they flee you are basically guaranteed easy levels in warfare, strength and unarmed combat

watch out for guards because if they catch you punching horses they will resist your persuasion attempts and throw you in prison where you will die over an 80 coin fine. No matter how many times you flee and surrender and try to explain this is an important mission from important guy that requires horses to be punched.

the no exit save has basically guaranteed i have gotten no further than meeting my friends at the tavern and thats it so far. But I've been having fun trying to break the game for the 5 min bursts of gameplay I've been able to have.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 14, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

insider posted:

Just play the game normally and they will level up. I don't know why everyone is so keen on trying to break the game skills system when it just came out.

for fun mainly

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
Tips for beating the life out of kunesh and unarmed combat in general:

Use the high ground. There's a small hill next to kunesh's house, stand high and aim high, they seem to have a much harder time blocking when you're slightly taller than them. Also if you never run out of stamina he can never actually beat you from my experience.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 17, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Red Mundus posted:

Nah you can actually drop from the drawbridge. Has dialogue for it and everything.

I'm talking about after the escape. Kept running into invisible walls and waist high bushes everywhere trying to skirt around the town.

Games have trained me a lot of bushes have 0 mass so I have done quite a bit of bush humping also.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I enjoy that the game world is such that if you want to make money, you're gonna have to break some laws. System's designed to keep the workin' man down, it's rigged

you can just pick flowers and kill bandits to make a shitload, no crime required. I haven't even bothered learning alchemy yet but I'm pretty sure that will net you an even greater amount. It's almost like no matter what you do in this game you will stumble into riches. Meanwhile the NPC's are carrying poo poo around in buckets for 2 coins a load.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
some suggestions for upgrading the thread title to anything else
'don't touch the poop, put it in a bucket and make money'
'these are my full length pyjamas, there are many like it, but these are mine'

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright, I feel like a moron, but am I missing something obvious in this Run! quest in the beginning of the game? I've failed it three times and I can't quite pin down what I'm doing wrong; I've tried balancing galloping and cantering to preserve stamina, but the pursuers catch up and kill me. I've tried just galloping at full burn but eventually I run out of stamina and the pursuers catch up and kill me. And on the third run they just straight up one shot me at the "turn left" bridge and I could not tell you why. I googled it, but all the guides are just like "use gallop until you get to talmburg", which I am

Is it because I overate in the tutorial and my gluttony debuff is making me too fat for the horse to run? I'll feel real dumb if that's what it is

Nevermind, you mean the horse thing! The way I did it was to turn left way earlier than the river and just pray to jesus they didn't hit me with too many arrows for me to get there prior to bleeding out. You could try serpetine maneuvers as well, but I have no idea how effective that is.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

He's talking about the Run! quest from the Cumans after the game intro.

I noticed after I failed at reading beyond the first sentence on attempt 1 to be helpful.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That's like ten seconds of horsing, way too far.

That is the one I normally use, yeah.

And polearms weren't 100% cut, I picked one up off a bandit. It couldn't thrust, only cut, which is really weird. Maybe it was an artifact they didn't take out.

I also found a halberd that I could not equip or sell, I ended up just dropping it on the ground and it disappeared.

Thread title: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Arrows Go Vaugely That Way"

"100% historic weapon sway"

'Lockpicking chastity belts for high impact sex scenes'

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 17, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I got it on the 5th try. I didn't do anything different but this time I got away without a hit :shrug:

I guess the secret to maximizing your stamina is to gallop until you can't, then walk for a few seconds, and keep galloping. I also didn't look backwards at any point on this run, maybe looking back slows you down? Apart form uninstalling my "arrows do 10000 damage" mod i'm really not sure what i did different this time that could have mattered but at least I'm past it

That mission is very dumb and it certainly makes no effort to suggest or guide you to not dying. The good news is, you're almost at the start of the game proper!

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Just clarifying something: If an enemy is holding their weapon to their left (my right), I need to parry to the right, correct?

almost certain

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

anyone else learned to cast fire spells yet?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

a simple flick of the wrist

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
whats that wayfarer? You want to duel? I'd rather decline, strangle you and take all your poo poo

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

Othwr compliant is that geeting into conversation isnt very fluid. Always get that 3 second fade to black before the talking starts. It's nitpicky but I would like it to be more like TES where it seamlessly pops up the convo menu.

To be fair, I'd take a short fade to black in a TES game if it meant Bethesda's writing didn't make me feel like I'd been transported to a planet of spergs.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
I'm starting to think this game is bad

Thankfully the main quest is keeping me interested enough at the moment I want to see where it goes, but the rest of the game is putting me off. The combat is bad, the minigames are novel the first few times but quickly wear out their welcome. I'm not even that far in (I just got to Ushits) and I'm tired of sharpening my sword, washing myself, haggling over prices, watching a cutscene every time I pick up a flower, trying to move my mouse at the exact right speed to open a thing, constantly having to repair poo poo.

No more side content or I will burn out long before I fulfill Henry's revenge fantasy.

Also what are the Cumans even doing right now? They came to Skallitz and burned everything looking for Radzig, are they just sitting around in the woods waiting for Henry to get off his arse and fulfill the prophecy? They had a loving enormous army, how are they feeding all of these people? Or did they just turn around and go home after their mission failed?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Kopijeger posted:

This is what wikipedia claims:

In game terms, Sigismund and his army is off-map somewhere, perhaps plundering more settlements. There will be no decisive battles and Sigismund withdraws in July. The attack on Skallitz supposedly took place in March.

That's sort of what I figured they'd be doing, but at this point I hadn't heard any news and certainly hadn't seen any large scale pillaging in Bohemia which made it seem like they had just vanished, but that makes sense if they're not in Bohemia at this point, you'd still think there'd be news getting around about what they were up to, considering the size of their army and the displacement that would surely occur as a result of their attacks. Maybe it will come up soon, after I'm done with this intermediary revenge story RE: the sword.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They are looking to kill Henry because he successfully plundered the village of Skalitz to the last groschen before they could get there and then escaped with all of it.

They left the butcher with like 15 coins on him and also delicious cured meats. It seems like they're more interested in starting fires than getting rich.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 20, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

ughhhh posted:

So is Henry a knight at a certain point? Everyone is calling me sir knight while I am asking about the dude with a limp. Doesn't being a knight come with land and other titles though?

it's based on how you dress/behave so they're probably calling you a knight because you kill the peasants who have turned to banditry, upholding the current order and dressing in sweet plate armor.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
Does ginger go back to neuhof if you convince them to take him in? I've looked for him there as he offered me a reward or something secret about his love of horses but I've not been able to find him.

Also RE: The bandits at the windmill I told them he was in Rattay hiding at the butchers and succeeded the speech check, they went off and left one guy behind for me to brutally murder and strip naked, then I went and visited Timmy. I never saw those guys again, but I don't think I saw them at the camp at all during the battle. I wonder if they found Timmy and killed him, or what they're up to now?

Having Ginger send a posse with me sounds like fun though.

The Lone Badger posted:

Who do you sell it to though? The people who buy meat have no money.

I think the blacksmith in Rattay will buy it, I remember selling him rabbit meat once upon a time, if you use him to repair and trade with him often he should be fairly cashed up I assume.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Seams posted:

Encountered a pretty nasty bug where my horse won't appear when I whistle. I can still access it's inventory etc, but it's just nowhere to be seen. :(

this happened to me also, I think I just fast traveled and that fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i'm filthy frigging rich now, god drat bandit ears are highly sought after by the sassow monastery. Also there's a side quest you get from the priest in Ushits where he sends you to visit an alchemist lady (witch) and she gives you another side quest to go look after the local coven. I had a bug during it so I had to restart and thus have not finished it but.. It is... interesting and may involve having sex with farmyard animals.. I highly recommend keeping an eye for that one while you're visiting Ushits.

Now that I've blown off most of the minigame stuff I'm having a great time again. I don't have to sleep or eat anymore, but I still have to visit the bathhouse regularly which I think is a decent trade off.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 23, 2018