Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I’m playing this on PS4 till I can afford a better computer, and lockpicking feels like I’m a virgin with Parkinson’s trying to find the g-spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
i think cryengine tends to using the cpu more heavily, so that's the thing to worry about. i might be wrong though

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I’m pretty sure the lockpicking for consoles was patched then, because last I played it was nigh impossible

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Gaius Marius posted:

Praise Jesus I'm finally getting a horse

Jesus Christ be praised

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
it was vital to the verisimilitude to simulate Henry feeling sick when eating too much peasant stew

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Axe-man posted:

Think of how they would have had to make Henry inherit land! I mean the documentation alone would have been 40 hours of gameplay!

no no, we’ll make an entire dlc instead about Henry rebuilding a village that was sacked and pillaged by bandits.

not his own village, mind you, a different one

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
we’ll also implement a thorough, highly polished alchemy system with complex animations, recipes, and a unique skill tree, but oops not enough money to let Henry, son of a blacksmith, do any smithing, lol

don’t get me wrong, I love this game, but it’s far too easy to tease sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Melee combat is excellent as long as you’re using a sword (with a high level in blades and having memorized some combos and having enough stamina and armor) while fighting in a duel. It becomes frustrating when fighting two people because you’re fighting the lock-on system more than the baddies, and impossible against three or more unless you have backup, a bow, or a blunt weapon and the perk that gives you a chance of instantly knocking out any enemy if you bonk their head.

“Fighting dirty” assumes you’re the one choosing the battle, when you’re just as often ambushed by enemies especially before you get the perks or skills or whatever they are to avoid ambushes. Stealth or poison requires actually having a stealth skill, outfit, the ability to brew poison, and actually finding a bandit camp to use all these assorted skills on. Using blunt weapons feels more like breaking the combat system, and archery has an awful skill curve where you spend hours not hitting the broadside of a barn to suddenly becoming William Tell.

Also, it makes no sense to say that Henry gets exhausted in 5 seconds while getting his rear end handed to him by a drunk because he’s a peasant: he’s clearly spent some time training with the mercenary at the start (enough to be capable of learning swordplay later on, which would realistically impossible if he knew nothing about it) and he’s the son of a blacksmith, which isn’t exactly a walk in the meadow.