Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

Jim "nazi outfit" Sterling

I guess he changed to a carnival barker circus theme thing some time before the whole Nazis being a thing in the news again started up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can punch chickens and they explode into an edible item

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

Are the stupid helmets every guard in this game wears historically accurate?

Medieval times were not known for their fashion sense.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

Everyone looks like they have lampshades on their heads.

Yes that’s what they made with the technology they had. Form often followed function.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I killed a dog and two chickens with a single arrow so this is my GOTY

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought I got away with murder up in the hills but your reputation plummets even if you kill someone and nobody else sees? Kinda lame.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I killed a bunch of deer in the woods and it counted as stolen somehow, but if you cook it, it suddenly becomes not stolen and you can get a ton of coin for it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saved her by whistling from afar (press x) then jumping on the horse and booking it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how I yelled at the guy for grave robbing after I killed like 3 grave robbers and picked their corpses clean. Also how do you wash clothes in this game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I basically have to restart at this point as my reputation is so low in all the cities thanks to my many crimes, that now none of the shopowners will talk to me and my money is worthless. The game is apparently closer to Oblivion style guard awareness than I realized. poo poo ah well

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I went all the way back to when you wake up at the miller's and am playing it straight, it feels a lot better now that I'm done with the combat tutorial, that poo poo actually makes some sense now. Aiming your sword blows and the rapidness of it all makes it start to feel like a rhythm game, in a sense.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man, I finally beat a Cuman in a sword fight and it finally clicked for me mid-fight. Super cool!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahahaha getting drunk with the priest is the loving best thing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NutritiousSnack posted:

I somehow winged the sermon

So did I, holy hell. What a rad sequence. The general story I’m kinda meh on, but the things you encounter on the way are really fun.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

this game and it's popularity makes me realize that i fundamentally do not understand pc gamers

It’s fun in that it’s different, people like being knights in medieval times fighting with swords and it’s a lot more engaging than Skyrim

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There’s an unlimited carry mod up on Nexus, if you want to haul all that poached deer meat back to cook and sell for easy money. Free training mod too but that feels more like just straight up cheating.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

Infinite carry is cheating too

Oh no don’t call the Game Cop on me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, just walking around in your first set of plate armor head to toe feels loving rad. I feel like a loving tank.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you’re on the main questline, be sure to go back to the stables and talk to the widow. It’s a pretty fun horse race you can cheese and the dialogue is really touching. Henry is a drat sweetheart.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At some point while you hoof it starts a cutscene and warps you back to Scalitz(sp?)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's my dude so far:

Tier 5 horse with some basic gear, I'm rocking full plate with a jacket over it and chainmail under it is a fun look, you're also basically invincible. I was fighting 3 bandits at a camp just now, and the archer managed to kill the bandit leader by shooting him in the back of the head. Which did him a lot of good, as I immediately ran up and smashed his head in with my 1.4k gold handled legendary sword. I'm also loving the mace, be sure to get a mercy kill with it in some time. Oh! And do the riposte training with the fight training guy who hangs out at the combat arena and gives you the raid missions. It's apparently automatic if you time it right.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

lockpicking is the most unfun thing that i have ever played, im going to wait until they patch that crap. gently caress off

Kingdom Come nexus has a easy lockpicking mod that does it automatically

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knocked a dude out with one punch right off the bat doing one of the boxing challenges so this is still my GotY. The combat has some really good randomness to it, I had a quest to gently caress up a Cumins camp and somehow they picked a fight with a regular bandit camp nearby, so it was just bodies strung out all over.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Henry is a loving psychopath, you watch him with that mace Mercy Kill and it’s just unsettling. He goes all in on that fucker!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My secret to combat has been to engage, then run away just enough so they start chasing you, and then whip around to give them an overhand strike before they snap back into combat stance.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

Ok so I failed one of the missions and now I have to either bang a chicken, pig, or horse.

e: ok why the hell am i lockpicking a horse's rear end? is this a metaphor or something or is the game broken

You didn’t fail, and you’re having sexual with the women as you pretend to be Lucifer while tripping on drugs. I just finished this quest myself, it’s pretty goofy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jokes on you I have 36,000 Groschen

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New patch downloaded and I went to get the new haircut only for the conversation to get stuck and give me no way to get out of it. Plenty of users on Reddit having the same issue. Weird.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had the quest where you rob the convoy paying the rock quarry with your shitflinging friends, I manage to intercept them before they deliver the money and kill all 5 or 7 of them. The two blokes ride up, notice the trail of dead, and immediately run screaming to the closest guard, who is all the way around the road up the castle and inside the courtyard, screaming the same line over and over. All the guards come running out one by one to investigate while I’m following the two idiots. I can’t talk to them to turn in the quest until they make it all the way inside the castle to talk to the one guard left. Fritz finally does and I can talk to him, which I do. I tell him I’m keeping the money, so he attacks me, I kill him in self defense. His friend had already started walking back to his horse, who immediately aggros me as I’m walking out of the castle back to my horse, I kill him too in self defense and now I’m wanted for murder.

This game is impressively broken sometimes, I love it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why the gently caress would you kill Fritz and Matthew you monster

Hey it’s not my fault they got mad when I kept all the gold for doing all the work

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I myself have abused mods to cheapen the experience a bit (gently caress carry limits) but I'm still having a ton of fun with it, even as I'm getting to the end of it. I am excited to see what they do next!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone else have Rocketeer break on them I literally can’t finish the game because Tobias Fuckface won’t build the goddamn trebuchet even after I bring Brian Blessed to his stupid rear end

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fired up a brand new game since I never finished my first one, and now I have all the DLC. Fingers crossed A Woman's Lot is good. Also what are the mods with custom NPCs? Are people adding new quests or whatever?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vahakyla posted:

So if I buy the DLC, can I just play as her from my main story save or do I need to start a new game?

I started a new game and the option to start her DLC campaign pops up pretty early (shortly after you wake up in Rattay) so I would assume if you had a postgame save you could go back to her and start it anytime. I'm enjoying it a lot, you get a greater perspective of some of the characters from the starter town and informs a part of the larger storyline. Also Theresa is a total sweetheart, and you get to tell your dad to gently caress off for trying to force you into an arranged marriage to an old creep. I was able to cheese up enough money from stealing to buy a sword early on which helped with some of the encounters. Definitely play with and feed the dog, too.

Also it makes Henry sort of saving Theresa in the beginning canon, but she ends up doing the majority of the work rescuing herself afterwards. And you get a pet dog for Henry, too, which can engage enemies and find loot. I haven't played the other DLCs but this might be my favorite of the bunch.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you beat Black Peter in the tournament, he'll come after you on the road with a fuckin' Bane poisoned sword that drains all your health. What a loving sore loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got ambushed by 5 non-Cuman full plate dudes in the middle of the night and lost like an hour of progress. Motherfucker.