Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bohemia was right smack dab in the middle of Europe so the likelihood of traders from the Middle East, Asia etc. being around was probably pretty high especially post-Crusades. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

OutofSight posted:

I like your pitched game concept, but the execution would face so many gameplay problems.

Would it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

OutofSight posted:

Think of social stats in old tabletop roleplay games. Start out as a daughter or wife of a peasant farmer. Your lord owns your land and you can't leave. You have to decide if you want to flee to the uprising new cities, to get rid of your bonds ("Stadtluft macht frei.")and be a low wage pauper or join the local peasant rebellion, which will be brutally beaten down by the troops of the local lord. Getting ambushed and raped by local bandits in the woods in this time of strife as optional horror encounter.
I admit i exaggerated the gruesome setting a bit.

An interesting experience, but not fun for most "power fantasy" players.

Skoll posted:

Playing as a peasant female in medieval society is something I didn't know I wanted because it's 2018 and I'm woke as gently caress. Furthermore,

Heh,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell the Mongols invaded Europe and got as far as Bohemia less than 200 years earlier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chasing the historical realism dragon is pretty silly tbh. Speaking of which, there should really be dragons in this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skoll posted:

I'm just giving you poo poo because you're a Commie.

What is this, 1953

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bad: Pointing out bad historicity, “wokeism”
Good: Using commie as an insult like a crew cut-sporting 1950s man

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dandywalken posted:

And what of Constantinople? Why did it get the works?

That’s nobody’s business but the ed: removed in the name of historical accuracy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Most educational game in past decade,

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man I really learned a lot from The Game Where You Can Hit People With A Sword And Also Poop

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Zelda/Mario and JRPG folk should just be banned from this bread

Mods?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Everything I Know I Learned From Pooping Simulator 2K18

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Spot on. And what do you have to be to make a game that gets us out of modern EA/Ubi overpriced bullshit trend circle and make a truly memorable, out-of-the-comfort-zone non-regenerating-health-etc game?
That's what I'm hoping for.
And also that I'm not very, very wrong.

I don't get "he's rayciss" argument at all. Sure, you wouldn't want a weird friend like that or whatever, but we're talking about a product. Let's say guy who invented french fries was racist as gently caress. Would you stop eating them?
And if you did, aren't you a retard? (A: yes). Fries are tasty and by eating them, you, at least, are taking the best out of bad situation.

Regenerating health is a dying mechanic. Where have you been

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

They surely have if that's the case. But nationalism is not a "shithead view". Nationalism is (blind) love for your country and heritage. Which in that case he'd research exceptionally thoroughly and made as little compromises as possible.
And this is a game about history of very well defined place and time so

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

Joke's on you, I just like triggering SA SJWs (how did they get here, this place was making fun of human garbage like this decade ago)

Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Newsflash: We’re all soyboys here. Get with the times, grandpa.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lets out a boisterous kek whilst I poo poo in-game and in real life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Woohoo posted:

entitled

En-shite-led

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hope they make a Switch version so I can poop while I poop.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

StabMasterArson posted:

Is it that difficult to make the save potions? I dont have the game yet but I don't remember people being too upset about ink ribbons

They give you a drunk effect in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Drinking to save is dumb but stopping save scumming somewhat is okay.

What's wrong with save scumming if that's how some people want to play

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game is giving off an Oblivion vibe so far, but in a good way.

The UI looks extremely Oblivionesque to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Have you heard of the High Elves?