Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Took me forever to figure out you can't swing with a gamepad without locking on. Mouse has no such problems.

Still a fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
How do you skin animals for fur or pelts or whatever? I missed the popup and its not in the codex.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Just finished the Uzhitz quest line and holy poo poo that was hilarious.

Gridlocked posted:

So overall im hearing the game is fairly fun, looks good and has reasonable sword combat. The rpg elements are lacking compared to Bethesda titles but for sword swinging adventure its a good no-fantasy time.

Appenrtly the English voice acting is awful but German is fine. Also bugs a plenty make the game feel more like a beta.

Would goons agree the current verdict is good but wait for the bug fixes patch to come out?

I just binged it for ten hours today, it's a good game with some flaws here and there but nothing you can't easily look past. Don't go into it expecting AAAAA fifty million dollar budget Skyrim and it'd be hard to be really disappointed.

Also literally every RPG lacks compared to Bethesda titles :rolleyes:

Sheep fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 14, 2018

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Diogines posted:

Still not left the starter town. The text says a miller will buy fenced goods, is there one here?

Theresa's uncle doesn't even though he should. The first guy he sends you to does though.

NB you need to get past Skalitz for this to be available.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

frajaq posted:

so what are the consequences for taking miller missions, is my reputation gonna be hosed?

Don't get caught.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Viper's Nest quest is the biggest load of horse poo poo I've experienced in a video game in a long, long, long time. Devs apparently forgot that killing you over, and over, and over, with no other options but load an old save, is not fun gameplay.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 15, 2018

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Woohoo posted:

Did you finish it? I brought 2 armies, camp and from Talmberg. Everything goes fine until commander tells me to deal with archers. Alone. Of which there are like 7 and 4 of them just run away. While army covers behind stone wall. Objective failed.
Then uphill, army gets just smashed either in attack or defense phase. 4 retries, pff. Is it even doable?

I got to the end but they make you duel the guy you're looking for.

I had to download Cheat Engine to kill him, and still ate ~70 deaths (no exaggeration) worth of damage in the process. He must have 250-300 stamina and is also nigh impossible to damage to begin with.

Honestly just skip it and come back like 10 hours of swordfighting from now.

Edit: you must have all three armies or you won't make it to the end - if the NPC guards die off it's an auto-fail.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 15, 2018

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Woohoo posted:

So.... that's the last mission in storyline??? :(

Not even close. Just the guy you're looking for in that one quest, not the main storyline.

He's also a murder machine with ungodly stamina regeneration who can do seven hit combos :v:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, they are gonna have to patch this poo poo hopefully.

Yeah without question. From some googling it sounds like it's either a cakewalk or absolutely impossible.

If you're on PS4 or Xbox I just feel sorry for you. PC people can load up Cheat Engine and eventually cheese it but even that is aggravating - and don't forget to take off all your armor first so he doesn't destroy it.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
German voices are pretty good. I don't mind Henry or some of the other characters' English voices, but some of them are atrocious. It's not like it's hard to find people with bad English accents anywhere in Europe these days so it's confusing how they found some of these people.

As for high level combat, use an axe or (even better) a mace. You won't be getting through platemail with uncle Hans' rusty hunting sword.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I just had a quest that involved lockpicking a horse's rear end while pretending to be Satan, tripping on vagina-LSD. None of that is a typo.

Game of the year 1403.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 16, 2018

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
What are you supposed to do when the enemy grapples? Is there any way to grapple back?

I've also tried kicking with left trigger (Xbox gamepad on PC) and it seems to do nothing.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Neurosis posted:

when i lockpick the vagina of the pig woman in the playing with the devil quest nothing happens. is there something else i'm meant to do? do i have to... put things from my inventory in there? :staredog:

edit: never mind, i'm using the lockpicking mod, which isn't comaptible with this quest

I went for the horse personally and it worked fine :v:

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is there a legit armourer or weaponsmith anywhere other than Sasau?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Just come up behind him, choke him out, and take all his stuff.