Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seems the game is back to preorder status on Steam. That's something I've never seen before.
I thought it maybe had something to do with the first patch but that was supposedly baked into the preload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scott Forstall posted:

Certainly better than the $60 I was going to pay for DW9, up until this past weekend when early impressions did not seem promising.
Unless you absolutely can't stand Sterling then watch this thing. Jesus fecking Christ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE12Z9YJJtg

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nah, imagine what Sterdust smells like after one of his wrestling shows.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know it's a pretty good game when it has this much to say about medieval crappers.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Play as God intended, with mouse and keyboard.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My most hated term ever in new games journalism that it brung was ludonarative dissonance. That's when Niko Bellic in GTAIV pisses and moans about how he'll never kill again. Then in the game you run over seven grannies with your taxi.
While I, again hate the term, this game has a fantastic example. You get back to the old village to see to your parents off. There's an old mate and he's trying to loot the local butchers corpse. As the God fearing yokel you are you tell him he's a poo poo.
Meanwhile there isn't a single player who hasn't an assload of dried nuts, pears and apples they took from the road allong the way. There is no way anyone didn't take some poo poo from those corpses.

Ludonarative dissonance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Backer rewards came in the mail! :toot:

That is one sexy map

They messed up my order, I got a sword and not a catte!