Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Seams posted:

even if this isnt great hopefully its good enough to fill the gap before bannerlord comes out in twenty years or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Popete posted:

So can anyone who has played this in beta/alpha comment if it's any good?

There are several streamers on Twitch. From what I've seen it looks like fun. Hopefully my PC can handle this.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Well let’s face it. We all know that Samson lost his strength from having his balls emptied too many times by Delilah, not by getting his hair cut.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

In todays world where everything is racist, nothing is racist.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor
https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/2/16964080/kingdom-come-deliverance-history-rpg-ps4-xbox-pc

According to this article they have a historian on staff.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor
The game is currently #2 on global top sellers on Steam, it will be interesting to see how long it stays there after release.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

SlightlyMad posted:

I will add some people's impressions to the OP, whether they are positive or negative. I am personally keeping up my own hope that it's not all bad. :unsmith:

Lol game looks jank as hell - Phi230

This is gonna be just like a Bethseda game, the community is gonna have to mod it into working right. Glad I skipped the KS. -Skoll

looks pretty garbage tbh -frajaq

My fingers are crossed it's a least decent enough until Mount and Blade 2 finally comes out.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor
'actual person with historical knowledge'...? Yeah, I'm going to need cited sources.

We will find out in less than a day about the actual gameplay and combat mechanics.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

DangerousDan posted:

I'm sort of surprised about the whole diversity thing. The west absolutely has a moral duty to inclusively depict POCs in the arts, but countries like Poland and the Czech Republic were in no way involved in chattel slavery or imperialism and in the former case was a victim of repeated imperial dick moves. Seems like a lot of noise from Americans who are projecting their own (legitimate) neuroses onto the whole world.

Really hope this game rules and the combat isn't dreary

It's called Amerisplaining

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

pog boyfriend posted:

having played crusader kings 2 and europa universalis 4 i have a vague idea what bohemia is and there fore i am a historical expert on the subject.

I am an expert too, as I have been to many renaissance festivals.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Zaphod42 posted:

Still better than Skyrim

I hope so. Skyrim was a fun, but a buggy clusterfuck of a game from a AAA developer. Euro-jank aside, I think I'll be busy with this until Mount and Blade 2. Hopefully Warhorse will build on this and the next offering will be more refined. People seem to forget what the witcher 1 was like on release.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Popete posted:

I've just barely started but so far this game does indeed own.

All issues aside. Some pretty drat good storytelling here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

HORMELCHILI posted:

Hope theres a mod to make lockpicking less lovely soon

I'm sure there will be. I feel a bit dirty, but the save anywhere mod has helped my enjoyment factor a good bit.