Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

it keeps happening!!!!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

qhat posted:

I only remember speaking to people there who were highly unstable.

they're talking about `irssi`, not `echo`

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

also what happened to those cool gifs someone made that would show a live version of the chat? those were cool
sharktopus's sig still works as far as i can tell

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

qhat posted:

I only remember speaking to people there who were highly unstable. I also once spoke to that guy who made that seminal book on hacking, that was cool.

highly unstable you say

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wanna read about hacking semen

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
yospos irc is the only channel ive ever seen make farts illegal

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

jimmyjams posted:

yospos irc is the only channel ive ever seen make farts illegal

WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP NUKEM‽

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

spamming this on every page so ya'll can enjoy quality computerchats http://widget01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.synirc.net&channel=%23yospos&nick=yospos%3F%3F%3F

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Gazpacho posted:

that' doesnt sound super lewd nor rapey, just pathetic

loving jokes are so hard ARGH

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

im there dood. i’ll be asking lots of computer questions, which im expecting legit answers to

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

edit: lol crap wrong thread

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
i assume buttbot and skybot are still running 10+ years later

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

bouncers are lame. if you're not running irssi in screen loaded with a bunch of plugins written in 20 year old perl code get the gently caress out of my face.

If you’re not just readin yospos irc through that one dudes gif signature them just go away.

Edit goddamnit someone already referenced this.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ty thread for reminding me to setup a znc to peep the chat again

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Agile Vector posted:

ty thread for reminding me to setup a znc to peep the chat again

Wasted minutes.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

im about to leave because there's some dipshits that keep highlighting all nicknames while I try to ignore the thing entirely and i'm getting tired of /ignoring all of em

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
the few times i tried the yospos irc it was full of nicks i didn't recognise trading 4chan memes so now i just hang out on the secret yospos newsgroup

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i have a few goons on steam but mostly i :justpost:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

same and sometimes they play fun games and i like knowing people are enjoying things :unsmith:

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
How's the gif work, that sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sharktopus posted:

yeah the GIF format doesn't require a number of frames to be served or any kind of length indicator in the header so I just keep the sockets open and then spool out images on a timeout (5sec right now)

The 60s timeout on the image is also something I added to avoid breaking the forums too badly, since some things seem to run on load and not domready (lookin' at you timg tag). Ideally, I would never close the connection and keep the refresh interval low so it's more or less real time. I was able to run it for 10 minutes without chrome killing the connection so as far as I know as long as you send data periodically and the disk doesn't fill up you can stream indefinitely.

After I clean it up some I'll put the code somewhere if there's interest.

Sharktopus posted:

Alright, I uploaded source here: https://github.com/limnick/gifbot

It's pretty cobbled together and may still leak memory.

• Locked thread