Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BDQBQQJFbMhHBkL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Aggronizing

In tribute to how using him feels at end game

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Tactless Ogre posted:

I love me some Aggron myself, but there is no greater irony/sick sense of humor greater than Gamefreak's. Give a pokemon an amazing defensive stat and make it weak against two of the most common physical attributes in the game. You've got a physically defensive steel wall that can't take a punch to the face.

Also, make it highly vulnerable to the two type variants that dominate the story setting.

Aaron is my favorite gen 3 mon, but man does gen 3 hate it. I did a solo run with it and it was the only time I'd ever call one of those hard.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Let's be lazy and obvious, blue bird

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I have to laugh at how :effort: Maxie's design for the remakes is. All he gets is a different coat, a turtleneck sweater underneath the coat, and fancy glasses. Meanwhile, everyone else got some serious overhauls, especially Team Aqua's admins.

I mean, he's a smug guy pretending to be a scientist guy in a coat. He didn't need a redesign to match the character they wanted to have, it conveys it perfectly.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jim in honor of the puppet man

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

more Aggron being tough

Harden
double edge
earthquake
sandstorm

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

more Aggron

Aggronizing to use in endgame, but he's super tough

Harden
double edge
earthquake
sandstorm

Now with name!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Radio Free Kobold posted:

birb or maybe cutebirb

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

s' no ball

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Glazius posted:

So how many routes in this game have some element of sea about them?

The right half of the map is our end game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Haifisch posted:

It doesn't help that they added some insulting-even-for-Pokemon levels of tutorializing(the teachy TV, I vaguely remember the first battle getting an active tutorial showing you exactly what to select, etc) and let Pokemon like Golbat try to evolve but fail, because gently caress you that's not in the original RBYdex.

And the one new area they added to Kanto was thoroughly unexciting, almost like they were terrified of making it RSE-quality and highlighting just how simplistic Kanto is compared to the regions they were capable of making on the GBA.

Seriously. They couldn't even be assed to name the islands. It's literally islands 1,2, and 3

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Either sandile or scrafty.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

We need a secret volcano lair like any good villain.

Smother it in dolls

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh good a gym! That will break up the monotony of all these water ty.....

... Oh.

Seriously, what the hell rse?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

rannum posted:

Oh good we finally got Wally's underwhelming last stand so now I can talk about the ridiculousless that is ORAS Wally
The fight is now in a field of flowers as the sun shines down upon you and an amaaaaazing rock theme blares

It is all so wonderfully over the top for this goober you've met twice before as you beat up on his tiny flower person and cloud bird
Take it in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpophTmjELM&t=38s

I'm pretty sure someone on staff had just played mgs3 during development.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I love how wargreymon's defining slide is using rock tomb to slow a guy down and dying.

Poor aron came out in the wrong generation.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Flygon(male) - Flyboy
Hold: bright powder
Body slam
Earthquake
Iron tail
Attract

Either pike+pyramid set

And of course he's shiny being a too cool for school flying ace and all.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 4, 2018

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Steven loses earthquake on his metagross for the remakes. All it gets attack wise are steel/normal/psychic moves. Notice how steel types, which commonly have high defense, resist all of those. And Aggron gets a shiny new evolution that ditched its rock typing.

You can wall the super finisher final boss pokemon so hard. It's a shame they gimped Steven do bad relative to his other appearances.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I applaud the game for trying its hardest to make my lovely mon a mon-star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Huh, emerald had kind of a prototype for black and white 2s procedural dungeons. That's a neat bit of trivia.

Also the procedural dungeons were way more fun than any of the frontiers. Give me more of those.

• Locked thread