Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
To this day, RSE is the only set of games in the mainline series that I haven't beaten. Every time I played them, I usually lost interest around the 6th gym. I only became a Hoenn champion when I beat Alpha Sapphire and abusing repels when I needed to go into the ocean routes.

Edit: Picked Mudkip on the GBA games since I pretty much picked water starters until Gen 6, and wound up going with Treecko in Alpha Sapphire because of its Mega evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Free Samples the Zigzagoon and P. Mantis for Ralts.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I'm tempted to say Egoraptor, but I'll hop on the War Greymon train instead.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
But you can bypass them by using Pokemon Bank! Shove a bunch of Pokemon in there and you'll be rolling in BP soon enough.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Nimbus for Swablu, EZ Hatch Oven for Slugma, and Locust the Nincada

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I remember Flannery because she's got a neat design and was my favorite of the Hoenn leaders.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Man, I keep on forgetting the Abandoned Ship exists; never even went there in my AS playthough. Also, congratulations on the shiny!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Well, if we're talking about spooky puppets, how about some Goosebumps inspiration and name it Slappy?

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Frost Miser

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Maybe we'll get the Pokeathlon back in place of the old game corner? Or they may just redesign Veilstone from the ground up like they did with Mauville.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Maaan, Sevii Islands. Exciting, those islands weren't, even with the (theoretically) infinite source of berries. Sure there's some stuff postgame and also Moltres, but it all feels a bit...ehhhh. I suppose sticking it between the 7th and 8th gyms works though since you could just fly right to Viridian after beating up Blaine.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Could be worse - look at Fire Emblem and how they shill the first game and its flat characters in all of their spinoffs.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Kurieg posted:

It really annoyed me how much Gen 3 and 4 rely on you having four friends to do things with. Thankfully gen 5+ started making steps towards "not everyone lives in downtown tokyo".

At least Platinum let you buy good quality Poffins, even if it was $6,400 a pop.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Jeeze, seemed like Norman went to the Heihachi Mishima school of parenting.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Solumin posted:

Why is sapphire a derpy-eyed vampire??

Better question, why are Professor Cozmo's assistants muppets?

Also, I'm kind of surprised they didn't use Jirachi instead of Celebi to magic up a happy ending. Still deus ex machina, but at least it's a Gen 3 Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks for another fantastic LP, Crosspiece! And now, off to the shenanigans of the GC Pokemon games!

• Locked thread