Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Firas Zahabi basically called Luke out on his bad footwork moving backwards and keeping his chin in the air in his pre fight analysis and said if he didn't fix it he was gonna get slept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Rockhold will forever over-commit to his skipping-back right hand check hook even when there's nowhere to retreat to and his opponent is planted firmly.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Whittaker would have hosed up Luke real bad.

e: well, maybe not as bad as Yoel did, but probably faster.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hahahahaha https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/962559365029945344

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
That last shot made it so he will introduce himself as "Rock Lukehold" for the rest of his life.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Well who else would get the shot

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Diddie posted:

Gastelum is the highest-ranked middleweight who hasn't already been killed by Whittaker and who isn't coming off of a loss, at #5.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Diddie posted:

Thiago Santos is pretty cool, and it's been nearly long enough since his last embarassing loss for it to have faded from memory.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Robert Wittaker... I see you soon boiiiiii

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Diddie posted:

Wide man

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

It's really only fair they just hand Gastelum the winner of Whittaker/Romero 2.

He can just sit idly by and eat years off his life train real hard while he waits for his shot

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
What is the point of the thigh punches? Attacking Luke's chakra?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Nifft posted:

I'd imagine Yoel Romero punching you in the leg is roughly equivalent to Sammy Sosa swinging a baseball bat into your thigh.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Nifft posted:

It was a tribute to Anderson Silva.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Given Romero's powerful leg pick it probably also serves a similar role to a wrestler feinting level changes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JaySB posted:

I'd imagine Yoel Romero punching you in the leg is roughly equivalent to Sammy Sosa swinging a baseball bat into your thigh.

now imagine what yoel romero punching your skull into the steel cage supports feels like! or, it can be visualized

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Just left Perth Arena, had a real fun time aside from Blaydes laying on top of Hunt for 2 1/2 rounds (although a few of his takedowns were sick)

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

now imagine what yoel romero punching your skull into the steel cage supports feels like! or, it can be visualized

He punched 10 years onto his face.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

El Roncho posted:

He punched 10 years onto his face.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nifft posted:

any port in a storm

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lol

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/962565575762313216

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Add middleweight to the divisions to cut.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Romero is affectionately holding Luke's hand, assuring him that he'll be okay.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Neither are going to jump out of the ambulance to get pizza or fight in the hospital hallways so I don't give a gently caress what they do after the fight.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Just left Perth Arena, had a real fun time aside from Blaydes laying on top of Hunt for 2 1/2 rounds (although a few of his takedowns were sick)

Was a great day out in Perth excluding the Hunt hug fest. Really don't want Bobby knuckles to have to fight Romero again.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Didn’t watch today’s card yet but Hunt has been saying since the first Bigfoot fight that he purely fights for money and doesn’t really train and his fans would be ashamed if they knew the truth but did it really end with a C league heavyweight?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

tesilential posted:

Didn’t watch today’s card yet but Hunt has been saying since the first Bigfoot fight that he purely fights for money and doesn’t really train and his fans would be ashamed if they knew the truth but did it really end with a C league heavyweight?

Blaydes is actually a decent prospect, in the sense that he's only 26 in the trashweight division

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Blaydes is actually a decent prospect, in the sense that he's only 26 in the trashweight division

Yeah, punches hard, doesn't have any crippling flaws. Probably enough to be champ.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Scapegoat posted:

Was a great day out in Perth excluding the Hunt hug fest. Really don't want Bobby knuckles to have to fight Romero again.

I don't mind it because the first fight was really good. Would like to see what Whittaker could do without a trashed knee

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I wanna see how whittaker deals with romeros knee kicks

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Is there a gif of the Romero / Rockhold finish? My girlfriend missed the fight and is asking exactly how Yolo Romero did it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Aye Doc posted:

you talkin to me?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

you talkin to me?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Kirk Blades took down a guy with no real skills other than punching hard in a boring fight where both men gassed out. I think we have to say he's the greatest heavyweight of all time and will be the most famous man in MMA. He's a fireman for christs sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

My boy Ogun, my Cuban brotha, slinging dick and giving out dreams.

• Locked thread