Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want a street racing pack with the ability to put stickers and spoilers and more power into all the existing cars and poo poo.

Also worth noting that the drip-feed from the next pack will likely cross over with GTA IV's 10th anniversary. Maybe they could add the Liberty City map with million dollar plane tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It makes a bit of sense, since water is so far the only part of the game to not have its own content update massively expanding it. Flying got Smuggler's Run, motorcycles got the Biker update, land travel and guns have gotten just about every drat update in the game. Seafaring has only gotten a small handful of aquatic vehicles like the Blazer Aqua and Stromberg thrown in as a pittance with other packs.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Powershift posted:

If they do 2x on contact missions we could probably shame coupe into putting a 40 hour week into spamming profitable contact missions dragging anybody else along for the cash.

nope

coupedeville posted:

finally uninstalled this dumb bad gay game and it :feelsgood:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I wonder if they’ll also do something to make the yachts less regrettable of a purchase, like add some activity room to it? Of course we all know that if we do get a water based update it will actually either have a dockyard/jetty or it’s own waterborne bases (new militarised ships or some kind of structure like an oil rig or something underwater) to run activities from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Make it a smuggling and piracy expansion where you have missions to blow up small boats for cargo and do group raids on bigger ships like container ships off the coast. Have the activities run from private vessels, from yachts to military cutters.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Give us pirate ships!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

Give us pirate ships!

Caribbean or Somali? Actually the latter might also be cool, like chitoryu suggested, having bigger vessels appear either for activities or just sporadically as a lobby wide, first team to grab the loot gets paid, mission. Maybe have a few different versions of varying degrees of difficulty or styles. Like maybe a cruise ship could have weaker defenders but harder security to get at the loot like in the Fleeca heist. While other ships could have more/better equipped guards but the actual loot can be easier to get at, maybe just gates that you can burn through like the last original heist.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Powershift posted:

I want a street racing pack with the ability to put stickers and spoilers and more power into all the existing cars and poo poo.

I want this.

Also, more anime skins for cars.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

Caribbean or Somali? Actually the latter might also be cool, like chitoryu suggested, having bigger vessels appear either for activities or just sporadically as a lobby wide, first team to grab the loot gets paid, mission. Maybe have a few different versions of varying degrees of difficulty or styles. Like maybe a cruise ship could have weaker defenders but harder security to get at the loot like in the Fleeca heist. While other ships could have more/better equipped guards but the actual loot can be easier to get at, maybe just gates that you can burn through like the last original heist.

And bring back the Sea Sparrow!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna need like, 3 more comets.

Also, this happened.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

And bring back the Sea Sparrow!

Given the fact we have at least 3 floatplanes (admittedly 2 are from Smugglers Run) I’m actually surprised we don’t have a helicopter with pontoons yet unless there’s some technical reason for it but I don’t see how the planes would be different.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

I'm gonna need like, 3 more comets.

You could do an 811 and a Neon, and make a 6 pfister floor, maybe?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Also: double money on bunkers is p.sweet, if u don't already dupe elegies for cash

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

You could do an 811 and a Neon, and make a 6 pfister floor, maybe?

A 6 phister would be pretty tight

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

Given the fact we have at least 3 floatplanes (admittedly 2 are from Smugglers Run) I’m actually surprised we don’t have a helicopter with pontoons yet unless there’s some technical reason for it but I don’t see how the planes would be different.

I'm 99% sure it's technically possible (the floats are probably just coded with pontoon physics that can be transferred to a pontoon helicopter almost wholesale) and we're just waiting on DLC.

Also I'd like to see some more post-apocalyptic vehicles after Gun Running and Further Adventures. Give us the Interceptor, dammit!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

A 6 phister would be pretty tight

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Powershift posted:

Also worth noting that the drip-feed from the next pack will likely cross over with GTA IV's 10th anniversary. Maybe they could add the Liberty City map with million dollar plane tickets.

thats one of the best update ideas iv heard plane tickets to new maps

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Does anyone else get the bug where you can't drop cargo on hangar delivery missions from the little choppers? E on the keyboard does nothing, and right on the directional pad just cycles the headlights.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
You gotta get real close to the ground. To the point where the corona is practically touching. That's the whole point of those missions, to take those tiny havocs into places other helis can't go.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

*and hopefully crash them -Rockstar

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Came back after 3 months, bought a stealth helicopter, broke now.

Did have fun stealth bombing some turd in his flying MOC that was griefing downtown, though. Also, why is my insurance for the Akula free?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Akion posted:

Came back after 3 months, bought a stealth helicopter, broke now.

Did have fun stealth bombing some turd in his flying MOC that was griefing downtown, though. Also, why is my insurance for the Akula free?

If you have Full Coverage, insurance is free. I think any vehicle you purchase gets it by default. Others can have it added at a mod garage.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
On PC, having your vehicle blown up by someone else gives you free insurance.

Destroying your own vehicle (or landing your Oppressor in a water fountain) can cost you up to 20k.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
If any goon here is called "Squash" in-game, I apologise for maliciously running you over last night.

But seriously, if you're called "Squash" and on the freeway, you're really asking for trouble.

Alpha-is-Awesome
Jan 20, 2018
Would anyone want to do some doomsday hiests?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alpha-is-Awesome posted:

Are you on PC? I'll be home in a few hours.

Alpha-is-Awesome
Jan 20, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you on PC? I'll be home in a few hours.
No I'm on ps4. Forgot to mention that.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Waiting for discounts finally loving pays off

50% off the HVY Dump!

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Of course they discount the Akula the week after I buy it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

There's no point putting special ammo on the marksman rifle right?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Not sure if it makes sense or not but my loadout is the heavy sniper with explosives(for choppers and PvP long distance), and then the marksman with regular ammo & large cap magazine(for missions and regular sniper type shots etc)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Alpha-is-Awesome posted:

Suck my rear end

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
extensive boat/floatplane update would be nice

...IF they added harpoons so we can break the game physics like Just Cause. also a lovely shark hunting mini game that people will play once then never do again

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I'd just like to be able to stance cars for drifting without removing the bulletproof tires and emptying a clip into the hubcaps. :shrug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Jose Mengelez posted:

I'd just like to be able to stance cars for drifting without removing the bulletproof tires and emptying a clip into the hubcaps. :shrug:
It's very disappointing how few cars can do proper donuts with the gas floored and no handbrake modulation. Off the top of my head I can think of the viserius and mamba.

This is why sports classics are the best class.

e: drift tampa and possibly regular tampa?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
if there was a way to lock the car into 2nd or 3rd gear that would rule

rwd is incredibly common in the GTA universe and a manual option would make hill bombing in mansion land so much more fun

itd also be a cool way to implement that stupid double clutch glitch thing the banshee used to own at for more cars

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thief posted:

extensive boat/floatplane update would be nice

would pay millions for a SeaDuck ripoff

...Rockstar would also pay millions to Disney for that

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Alpha-is-Awesome posted:

titties posted:

Suck my rear end

:roflolmao:

:same:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

It's very disappointing how few cars can do proper donuts with the gas floored and no handbrake modulation. Off the top of my head I can think of the viserius and mamba.

This is why sports classics are the best class.

e: drift tampa and possibly regular tampa?

I made the mistake of using an X80 Proto in a vehicle combat match because it was too stable. When I had front-firing weapons, I couldn't do the trick I like to do where I do a 180 and drive backwards while shooting at pursuers. It had such good traction I would just drive into a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Thief posted:

if there was a way to lock the car into 2nd or 3rd gear that would rule

rwd is incredibly common in the GTA universe and a manual option would make hill bombing in mansion land so much more fun

itd also be a cool way to implement that stupid double clutch glitch thing the banshee used to own at for more cars

Can you explain what you mean here to us non-car peoples? Also what hill bombing is?