Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I do not play this game and I don't think you should either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

In loving memory of the post ghost. 2017 - 2018

you dick I was so close....

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Left this thread and game for like 1-2 years and holy poo poo have things gotten wild :stare:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Doesn't the explosive ammo shotgun only get like, 8 shells?

The heavy revolver + heavy barrel is a 1 hit head shot kill from full armor without the limited special ammos.

e: all the big MP4s have turned the page into a pig

8 in the gun, 32 reserve. Which given it blows up cars in one hit is fine, since it turns the Pump Action into basically a semi-auto short range railgun. Very very nasty, and plenty of ammo if you ration it out to AV or "I really want that guy to die" uses.

The Heavy Revolver's trick is FMJ or HP. With the heavy barrel it's nice, but with Hollowpoint it's 1-hit-kill against ANYONE without armor at pretty solid range, and with Full Metal Jacket you can take out helicopters and civilian cars in a single blast. It's nuts. Plus the 230 something rounds of ammo goes a long way on a revolver.

chitoryu12 posted:

The Duke O' Death is free if you're a returning player from the original version. You can get your own Armored Kuruma equivalent as soon as you drop in.

The Kuruma still wins out for me in terms of having superior maneuverability. The Duke is still a muscle car that swings all over the road if you try to drive at speed.

Well worth mentioning it's free for anyone coming back to the game. I thought that was a limited time special, so glad to hear it's still honored.

A bit debatable, and it comes to style. It's ability to ram through traffic with minimal slowdown helps it out a bit, but really it's slideyness is nothing but a benefit in combat, since you can do cool things like fishhook it around to face the completely armored rear to bullets, or suddenly spin around in mid car chase and just light the other driver up.

When the Vigilante first came out I was driving around in a DoD a bunch for kicks and honestly I managed to cream every single Vigilante that way. It hits with a rocket, is shocked the Duke didn't blow up, then fishhook around and murder the driver with an AP Pistol. It's real good at it.

I mean not that I'm advocating it as the best combat vehicle in the game but until you can get some serious vehicles with rockets, missiles and 5-6 armor absorption, it's great. Totally my gold-star "Newbie car" award (that is honestly still a kick to drive on certain jobs)

titties posted:

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I do not play this game and I don't think you should either

I was going to make a joke about you being upset about the nudity then saw your name was titties

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 11, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm definitely down for PC play, especially if anyone wants to help me beat Series A Funding and Pacific Standard because those are the only two non-Doomsday heists I haven't completed as heist leader.

What hours are you around? I've been through them so many times my hair is going to fall out.

I still haven't bothered to practice the helicopter jump on PacStandard though. I'm always lazy and let other people do it. I know where it is though.

If you don't feel like dicking with the helicopter / wanting elite, there's another method for stealing an armored SWAT van that lets you make it out with 100%. Slow as hell but I only present it if you hit this up and don't have the heli jump figured out yet yourself:

1) Shoot the hostages when you go into the bank
2) One person collects the money, and only one
3) When you go to leave, everyone goes out and clears the cops except the money guy
4) Everyone goes back in but one runner and an optional sniper (at the top of the hill on the right)
5) The runner runs through the alley and hits all the checkpoints on foot (saved cars are great with 4 suicide with 1 imo)
6) The runner blows up the bikes
7) Restart and everyone appears at the bikes
8) Blow up the bikes again
9) Everyone waits in cover
10) The runner heads along the prescribed route until they hit the first unoccupied SWAT van by the ramp
11) Take the van back to the crew and pick them up
12) Drive the prescribed route UNTIL you get to the bridge to the mountain
13) Take a hard left and follow the dirt road to the boat
14) Ramp the armored van so it crashes into the water right next to the boat
15) Everyone gets out, gets on the boat, and gets away

Again this is WAY inferior to the heli method but if you find yourself not wanting to dick with the heli but also wanting all of the cash, it works.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
FUNnel Derby

https://fat.gfycat.com/GrossOrganicFlycatcher.webm

EDIT: Ghost Post lives on!

TSBX fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 11, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

What hours are you around? I've been through them so many times my hair is going to fall out.

Generally I'm free to play from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST, the time from when I'm off work to the time I'm in bed. Not all my nights are free now, as I'm kinda making a movie.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

titties posted:

:same:

finally uninstalled this dumb bad gay game and it :feelsgood:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I miss those 2 weeks we all started playing again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rb417PqoIQ

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Furia posted:

Left this thread and game for like 1-2 years and holy poo poo have things gotten wild :stare:

The Golden Age of this game was probably June through December of 2016, From the time the CEO update dropped until just before Gunrunners and the introduction of silly rear end vehicles like the Oppressor.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Oppressor, but vehicles like it and now the Deluxo and Akuma, along with solo "public" lobby exploits being widely known have not been good for the game imo.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UserErr0r posted:

I miss those 2 weeks we all started playing again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rb417PqoIQ

Dammit.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I just finished the campaign. Is it worth playing the online mode, or should I move on to another game?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

As a PS4 player, I didn't understand these sentiments until this weekend when I watched a friend play on Steam for the first time.

Here's my comparison:

PS4

PC

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As wacky as all the new poo poo is, I like dressing up and buying appropriate vehicles for each archetype that I have, like wearing a fancy suit and driving expensive sports cars for Import/Export and wearing fatigues and driving rusty off-road stuff for Gunrunning.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

chitoryu12 posted:

As wacky as all the new poo poo is, I like dressing up and buying appropriate vehicles for each archetype that I have, like wearing a fancy suit and driving expensive sports cars for Import/Export and wearing fatigues and driving rusty off-road stuff for Gunrunning.

This guy gets it.

coupedeville posted:

:same:

This guy does not.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DaStampede posted:

I just finished the campaign. Is it worth playing the online mode, or should I move on to another game?

The online mode is the main draw at this point. It's absolutely massive and you can sink way more hours into it than the main game to be honest. Absolutely worth playing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Almost accurate, but lacks a huge cluster of people who got warped together and exploded, and a million clones doing sexy dances in cages

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to get back into it. Last time I played cunning stunts had just been released

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

This guy gets it.

This guy does not.

quote:

-Don't take anything Powershift, Zigmidge, or coupedeville say seriously, they've been playing this game for far too long and it has broken them.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

Almost accurate, but lacks a huge cluster of people who got warped together and exploded, and a million clones doing sexy dances in cages

Feeding time

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

GTA is a very fun game with lots to do with a good crew of people. Unfortunately, in recent years, Rockstar has added untold amounts of grindable content which gamers are more than happy to gobble down turning GTA Online into a soulless crushing universe where you chase after material wealth at income rates worse than working the soup line in a debtor's prison from the 1800s.

That said, here are some clips from back when the goon community threw down hard in large group events. It was a really good time.

Massive count stunt plane race
https://fat.gfycat.com/DizzyUnevenIvorygull.mp4

Ganging up on each other in races then posting angrily about it
https://fat.gfycat.com/SilkyGenuineAustrianpinscher.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/IllinformedDemandingBullfrog.mp4

There is an absolutely staggering amount of good goon-made content for races. You can find it all under the LLJK tab for races on the social club website. We've had a few Race Wars that were a hit with most people.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/OrneryFittingDuckbillplatypus.mp4
https://giant.gfycat.com/SeriousBitesizedGemsbok.mp4

And everyone was always down for some general goofery even if there weren't any real goals in the moment.
https://fat.gfycat.com/WindingRewardingBoutu.mp4
https://fat.gfycat.com/SolidEnergeticHalibut.mp4
https://fat.gfycat.com/BewitchedUncommonCuckoo.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/AncientGenerousBorderterrier.mp4
https://zippy.gfycat.com/RepulsiveCorruptIrishsetter.mp4

That said, there is so much potential for fun on your own to be had in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0K0lO0u0o

TSBX posted:

FUNnel Derby

https://fat.gfycat.com/GrossOrganicFlycatcher.webm

EDIT: Ghost Post lives on!

I re-installed this dumb and dead game last night after deleting doom and l4d2 to make room.

I'm hoping I can get around this week and do some funnel or hunting pack or races

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powergaming is boring. Drive rat-rodded trucks while wearing a shemagh and camo pants.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOBZLIIhbms

coupe I think you liked this game more than you want to admit!

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 12, 2018

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Psion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOBZLIIhbms

coupe I think you liked this game more than you want to admit!

quote:

-Don't take anything Powershift, Zigmidge, Psion, or coupedeville say seriously, they've been playing this game for far too long and it has broken them.

ninja edit: I saw what you did there

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

coupedeville posted:

ninja edit: I saw what you did there

too bad you didn't see what the windmill did here
https://gfycat.com/SleepySolidCrossbill

:v:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I read the op what's your point, goon?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

coupedeville posted:

I'm going to show up in every clip and photo of this fun game and it :feelsgood:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Powergaming is boring. Drive rat-rodded trucks while wearing a shemagh and camo pants.

Nah the point of the game is to drop C4-laden toilets on people's heads with a cargobob.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Pretty sure I made that stunt plane race.

Good times.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nah the point of the game is to drop C4-laden toilets on people's heads with a cargobob.

the good old innocent days of 2013 when you could get a cargobob by changing a url on warstock, then using it to lift someone's car out of the impound lot and throw it in the ocean. And this was an effective griefing technique :v:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Just remoted into my home PC to see if the download finished and if I could still log in. I can! I have 3.5million shark bucks!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

chitoryu12 posted:

Smh if you don't gunrun, hangar, and just generally operate heavy military equipment while wearing a dress and heels

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Insert name here posted:

Smh if you don't gunrun, hangar, and just generally operate heavy military equipment while wearing a dress and heels

My character's male so I don't have any of those, but I do a lot of the Special Cargo raids in a full suit and expensive shoes.

I wasted a lot of early money on clothes.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

My character's male so I don't have any of those, but I do a lot of the Special Cargo raids in a full suit and expensive shoes.

I wasted a lot of early money on clothes.

My character looks like a rave-fitness enthusiast from the 80's. Pink tank top, tropical themed short running shorts and flip flops.

The other day, a kid called me a human being and proceeded to kill me over and over(based on how I was dressed in game). I reg'ed as a CEO, spawned my buzzard and spent the next half hour chasing and killing him. it was great fun after he took out my buzzard, and I was able to spawn the Pegasus variant and not miss a beat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

My character looks like a rave-fitness enthusiast from the 80's. Pink tank top, tropical themed short running shorts and flip flops.

The other day, a kid called me a human being and proceeded to kill me over and over(based on how I was dressed in game). I reg'ed as a CEO, spawned my buzzard and spent the next half hour chasing and killing him. it was great fun after he took out my buzzard, and I was able to spawn the Pegasus variant and not miss a beat.

I had someone keep doing that when I was trying to buy clothes, which was especially difficult because they had heavy armor and a minigun so there wasn't much I could do.

I finally got a kill in by hiding against some bleachers at a sports field, and as they approached for an easy kill I blindfired a homing missile around the corner.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
They should really step their clothing game up, both in quality and quantity. Some of the textures look straight from last gen. You'd think it'd be an easy way to get people to spend money.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Truth. Ive kinda given up on dressing cool or wacky. The available options just don't have the same pizazz after however many years this has been out. Bizarre rules on what can and can't go with certain pieces always end up in "Well gently caress if i can't wear this snappy suit over my skull tshirt,and full helmet, then screw it" and going back to a saved outfit.

Cars are likewise infuriating when trying to spice up a collection- applying the same paint and finish to different cars SHOULD end up looking the same. I accept that there are a few different body types to account for, supers are noticably "smoother" and take the glossy paints better than say a Dukes or some of the new milspec vehicles. These take the matte colors better and alot of the time just don't look right with a metallic or glossy job. Rusted cars have different characteristics. Add Pearlescents to that and it seems like once one is applied it never goes away and taints a car even when you repaint it. The ability to save a custom palette for cars(i.e. Primary = x, Secondary = y, Pearl = z, trim = ?) is one of those features that would be incredible but never ever make it into a current DLC

If GTA6 was simply GTAV with an updated, fully customizable clothing and car dressup engine, life would be grand.

Or a turn based SimGTA

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Yeah pearlescent is weird, and gets added to crew colors and other paint sometimes

Just switch the pearl to black, it's the same as no pearl

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Your imagination, inner child and sense of design are all long dead and rotting if you can't make the sheer amount of options available to you work into something cool or kooky for clothes or cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

*opens fridge door*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THERES NOTHING TO EAT