Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ooo, today is new content day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The cars on sale SUCK! Nothing on my list of wanted but not currently offered.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I just spent 5 million dollars so I could own a Highway Patrol Challenger and I don't regret it in the slightest :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Does it do wheelies?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cage posted:

Does it do wheelies?

Unfortunately not.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
wtf? The gauntlet hellfire will do a wheelie with a push bar on front, why cant this?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Cage posted:

wtf? The gauntlet hellfire will do a wheelie with a push bar on front, why cant this?

Is it in the muscle category or is it emergency?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
i dunno but its 5 million smackers. maybe it could do a wheelie.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 8, 2024

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cage posted:

Because it's in the emergency category, not muscle :rockstar:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://kotaku.com/gta-online-drive-train-new-mission-heist-raid-update-1851320169

trainpunk

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

still not driveable in the open-world, why does R* hate fun

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Because the ones in freeroam have doors. Our avatars have been stymied by pushcarts, what the hell do you think they can do to a door?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

When's the next goon night? My wife and I will definitely be there.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

When's the next goon night? My wife and I will definitely be there.

This needs to happen for real - it's been too long

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The new heist is alright. It's easily solo-able on normal and pays out better than the auto shop contracts. There is a bit of replayability there, with the setups enabling different weapon loadouts, levels of armor, and getaway vehicles. There is also a stealth or go hard choice for the finale.

I chose the quickest route for all setups, grabbing the two closest weapons options from the starting point and the closest getaway vehicle to the interstate. The finale I went hard on due to a poor choice during the final setup mission.

Some notes:

The setups are heist missions, disabling aircraft and flying vehicles. The armored Kuruma and weaponized Tampa were my go-tos.

The busy work of getting weapons loadouts is just padding. You'll need some armor, but I did just fine with medium and a full load of snacks.

There are train tracks behind the Cluckin Bell factory to use as a getaway route. This allows you to avoid most driving enemies and corrals the pursuing chopper into the canyons south of the factory for an easy kill.

During the finale:

There is a key you need to enter the office. This key is sitting on a table some ways back from that area. After getting the key, you need to get three codes to unlock the safe. These are on computers that are sitting on the production line one room back from the office. Infinitely spawning enemies infest the area, but a crew of two could probably easily split getting key/codes with crowd control.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

madeintaipei posted:

During the finale:

There is a key you need to enter the office. This key is sitting on a table some ways back from that area.

This bit is skippable, as you can just shoot the lock on the door to get in.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Trilobite posted:

This bit is skippable, as you can just shoot the lock on the door to get in.

Looool. Thank you for the tip!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, where the gently caress is the getaway car? If it matters, I'm referring to the military truck. We couldn't find it and had to run out looking for a car. I ended up stealing a cop car and then hit the highway. I'm driving, and getting the poo poo beaten out of the car, my tires are gone... And then my friend jumps out.

Me: "What the gently caress are you doing?"
Friend: "I have a plan...."

~2 minutes later, while I've been driving, he pulls up next to me in his Nightshark. We get a bit away from everyone and we stop, and we all pile out of the beat up cop car, into the almost invincible Nightshark and finish the mission with no problem. We had zero idea where we would have gotten the getaway car.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

nvm i am dim

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 11, 2024

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, where the gently caress is the getaway car? If it matters, I'm referring to the military truck. We couldn't find it and had to run out looking for a car. I ended up stealing a cop car and then hit the highway. I'm driving, and getting the poo poo beaten out of the car, my tires are gone... And then my friend jumps out.

Me: "What the gently caress are you doing?"
Friend: "I have a plan...."

~2 minutes later, while I've been driving, he pulls up next to me in his Nightshark. We get a bit away from everyone and we stop, and we all pile out of the beat up cop car, into the almost invincible Nightshark and finish the mission with no problem. We had zero idea where we would have gotten the getaway car.

Assuming you're talking about where it is in the latter part of the finale, it's behind the Cluckin Bell factory in a garage. IIRC, go to your right after leaving the factory and follow the building around back.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Has anyone tried doing kosatka v kosatka subsurface combat? Like can you ping other subs and shoot torpedoes in their general direction?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

titties posted:

Has anyone tried doing kosatka v kosatka subsurface combat? Like can you ping other subs and shoot torpedoes in their general direction?

It was mildly popular when the sub was the newest thing. But since it’s hard to move quickly in big sub you’d mostly just ambush someone who was staring at the heist prep computer and not actually driving their sub.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Team avenger fighting would be far more interesting, with a player flying and two controlling the turrets.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

mp5 posted:

It was mildly popular when the sub was the newest thing. But since it’s hard to move quickly in big sub you’d mostly just ambush someone who was staring at the heist prep computer and not actually driving their sub.

I guess what I'm asking is if both boats are submerged, can they locate each other using only SONAR?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Team avenger fighting would be far more interesting, with a player flying and two controlling the turrets.

This sounds pretty good imo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I witnessed a "dogfight" between Bombushkas back when they were new

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Weak cars for sale upcoming for the 11th-18th. :effort: Of all the cars missing from the game, they need to bring back the Stinger (Vice City iteration) and Yakuza Stinger in updated form.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m getting the itch to play this again now that they’ve added invite only lobbies. Last time I tried to play was a few years ago, when you had to gently caress with your internet to get a solo public lobby, and sorry in advance if this is a perennial topic but what’s the easiest way to make money as a solo player with the current content? Last I played, it seemed like vehicle cargo, gun running, and night club were the best ways; I’m on a new platform so am basically starting over with nothing but the criminal enterprise starter pack and a buzzard helicopter; what should I be prioritizing to get up and running?

It seems like the special cargo missions added a new thing in the form of lupe that seems more profitable than warehouses ever used to be, and also the bunker has some kind of new bonus sell mission too. I’m hearing that the night club is still probably the best money maker, and also something about auto shops and acid labs that is new since the last time I played so I don’t know what that’s about yet. Is vehicle cargo still worth doing? I haven’t bought the warehouse yet, and o seem to remember that you had to steal a lot of cars before that started getting reliably profitable, I don’t know if that’s worth the time investment anymore or if the new content surpasses it. Are there solo heists now too?

Tl;dr; what’s the best way for a solo player to start making millions starting from the criminal enterprise pack? I usually just play for an hour or two at night to unwind these days so don’t really want to deal with enemies or friends, just want to drive some cars and make number go up before bed while listening to podcasts.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The game kinda prints money nowadays. Nightclub for passive income (as long as you're playing, you're gaining crates) and Cayo Perico for active income - about a mil for an hours work, and easily solo'd if you watch some Youtube clips

If you're basically starting over, prioritize buying the Kosatka to unlock Cayo.

EDIT: I hope MP5 doesn't mind me linking his guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1An_kcB7WFepgxEayKKNRCBORdxvEuwV59rW1EXyXQOg/edit

It's only a bit outdated but the info is solid.

EDIT: Looks like Acid Lab is actually pretty bangin' for a new player, so I change my answer to that.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 15, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah that is old and doesn’t account for the Agency or anything past that.

The Agency is a terrific building for solo players, it offers everything you want in one place and also unlocks well-paying bite-size jobs that people (mostly) can’t grief you doing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh hell yeah thanks for the guide. It was hard to tell from google/reddit what was still up to date. I did hear that they nerfed the cayo heist, i wasn’t sure if that was still worth the time.

One more Q: when I last played, there was content that was clearly meant for multiple people (multi-vehicle deliveries etc) but the game would let you attempt it solo without a word of warning, you basically needed a guide to know what you were actually reasonably allowed to do solo. Is this still the case, or has R* finally accepted that people like to play GTAO solo and telegraphed the “you should have friends if you want to do this” stuff a little better?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh hell yeah thanks for the guide. It was hard to tell from google/reddit what was still up to date. I did hear that they nerfed the cayo heist, i wasn’t sure if that was still worth the time.

One more Q: when I last played, there was content that was clearly meant for multiple people (multi-vehicle deliveries etc) but the game would let you attempt it solo without a word of warning, you basically needed a guide to know what you were actually reasonably allowed to do solo. Is this still the case, or has R* finally accepted that people like to play GTAO solo and telegraphed the “you should have friends if you want to do this” stuff a little better?

Are there doors you can stand in to die in this game too? ;)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Are there doors you can stand in to die in this game too? ;)

You die by standing in a doorway like 5-7 times and you never live it down, what happened to this country

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Again the guide I wrote is old for business purposes but there’s other more evergreen stuff in there. Making cash in GTA nowadays efficiently really depends on a couple of things:

How much GTA bucks are you starting with?
How often do you see yourself playing with other people scale of 0-10?
How many and which businesses do you already own?
Do you have an Oppressor Mk2?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mp5 posted:

Again the guide I wrote is old for business purposes but there’s other more evergreen stuff in there. Making cash in GTA nowadays efficiently really depends on a couple of things:

How much GTA bucks are you starting with?
How often do you see yourself playing with other people scale of 0-10?
How many and which businesses do you already own?
Do you have an Oppressor Mk2?

I’m basically starting over with the criminal enterprise pack, so I have all the beginner assets from that, plus a buzzard. I think I have like 50k right now so I’m very much at square 1.

Not interested in other people; it’s just a “play by myself and catch up on podcasts” game so ideally nothing that requires cooperation or stepping outside invite only lobbies.

Businesses: again just whatever comes with the pack. I think it’s a corp hq, cargo warehouse, bunker, MC club, and counterfeit cash business. Nothing upgraded yet

No oppressor but I have a buzzard. I forget if the CEP gave me money that I spent on it or if I sprung for a shark card, but somehow I have one.

I’m not concerned with making like, optimal cash flow or anything, just trying to relax and have fun doing crimes and driving cars, but I do remember how long it took to do anything the last time I played. I guess I’m looking for good early moneymakers so I can buy more stuff and have more kinds of fun without having to spend an unnecessary amount of time grinding for it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

Import/Export (Vehicle warehouse) will warn you if you try to do a multi vehicle delivery. I don't think these multi-vehicle ones are easily soloable without mad skills or an OpMk2. You need to actively select that you're doing a multi-delivery mission, so these shouldn't catch you by surprise.

CEO Crates will warn you if a SALE requires multiple vehicles. The trucks delivery is doable solo, but you'll want an OpMk2 to get back to the other vehicles to meet the timer. Multiple airplane delivery is a lost cause and almost guaranteed failure.

Gunrunning Bunker sales is a crapshoot. Some of them are single vehicle no matter what (Phantom Wedge), and others are multiple vehicles where it's doable (Insurgents), and others are multiple vehicles where no matter how fast you are, you're not going to make the time (Dune buggy)

I haven't done MC sales in so long, but good luck - have fun driving 4 trash trucks up a hill both ways in 30 minutes. With how little these paid out, I think most people move on from MC sales very rapidly.

All Nightclub deliveries are soloable.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 15, 2024

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’m basically starting over with the criminal enterprise pack, so I have all the beginner assets from that, plus a buzzard. I think I have like 50k right now so I’m very much at square 1.

You can get a fair amount of money by just doing the extra deliveries from the warehouse / corp hq and bunker. Once you’ve paid lupe once to collect cargo, and once you’ve done the bunker setup you’ll get these extra 50k deliveries that happen on a timed basis without needing to collect supplies. One is started by talking to your assistant at corp hq and the other is started at a vehicle in the bunker. I found that by the time I finished one the other was ready again. They call you to let you know when it’s ready. The usual npc attacks happen but they stop after you kill 4 groups.

Anyway it’s not a bad way to save up for the agency or tow shop or buying other businesses to increase your nightclub passive or whatever.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah this week doing the Export Mixed Goods from your CEO office will pay 100k instead of 50 for not much work, it’s a good in-between-tasks task

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

you just reminded me, i hadn't been aware of the tow business until a couple weeks ago and if you can drag cars around as a pedestrian wrecking ball it would be worth the price of admission

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Otacon posted:

Gunrunning Bunker sales is a crapshoot. Some of them are single vehicle no matter what (Phantom Wedge), and others are multiple vehicles where it's doable (Insurgents), and others are multiple vehicles where no matter how fast you are, you're not going to make the time (Dune buggy)

I feel like there was a trick to this: like if you had an upgraded bunker, one supply purchase would create just the right amount of product to ensure a single vehicle long-distance delivery. Does that still work or did they change it/am I misremembering?

Re: the crate warehouse; is purchasing 3 crates at a time solo friendly? Seems like it takes too long to be worth it if you’re purchasing anything less than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

3 crates solo depends on how fast you can get back to them

But straight up crates are a miserable use of your time