Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Thief posted:

if there was a way to lock the car into 2nd or 3rd gear that would rule

rwd is incredibly common in the GTA universe and a manual option would make hill bombing in mansion land so much more fun

itd also be a cool way to implement that stupid double clutch glitch thing the banshee used to own at for more cars

Can you explain what you mean here to us non-car peoples? Also what hill bombing is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Someone made an Imgur Album of cars bought in GTA Online and their counterparts from Fast and the Furious. I thought maybe someone here might enjoy looking at is as much as I did.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I wish it were possible to do races with just one lap.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
GTA 5's police AI is pretty basic. Arguably more so than GTA 4. No matter what, as long as you have stars the cops are always heading directly for your position.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Connecting online takes a really long time for me nowadays. Kinda kills my urge to play honestly

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've never played a GTA game by grinding money. I don't see why I should start with GTA Online. Just Play.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The biggest reason I uninstalled this game is because it takes like 10 straight minutes to load that poo poo up into a server. And even then it might still fail. Otherwise I'd still play it from time to time.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Thin Privilege posted:

Ok this is the dumbest question(s) but I just got back into the game and I keep getting invites into heists but I don’t know how to do them, and I’m too scared to accept the invites cause I fear I’m going to look like an idiot. Also I don’t understand hangars and airports or whatever they are. Any suggestions? I’m only level 30 but I have some pretty good guns from various updates I was present for.

Nobody knows what the gently caress they are doing in heists in my experience. I highly suggest finding some way to avoid doing them with strangers. For reference, me and a group of 3 friends attempted Prison Break a few weeks ago and it took several hours to finally do it. Based on my experience with that, I cannot imagine how it is physically possible to do it with a group of total strangers.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mutata posted:

Not at all what I meant, but cool own bro lol

This is usually the part where you clarify your position. Us dumb dumbs just read the words you write and assume you meant those words.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mutata posted:

The game has been successful a billion times over but past performance and support is never indicative of future content. The game is entering a looooong tail period where the developers will mostly cycle off to develop and support new titles leaving a much smaller core crew of people. These remaining people will be tasked with generating the maximum amount of income with the least amount of overhead. Content will get looser and less focused and more like remixes or reskins of existing concepts. Another business type that essentially uses the same paradigms. Another rocket car. Another movie reference car. All priced in the low million dollar bracket. A couple adversary modes here. Another fetch em mission there. It will continue to make tons of money and it won't be anything new. It's the tail and the goal is to stretch it out as long as possible and put as little money into development as possible. Holding pattern.

I think there's something about the engine that forces them to make content in the way that they do. That's why all missions are just variations of "drive here, then drive there" or "drive here, shoot guys"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
APB Reloaded is a bad game thats also secretly a good game. If GTA Online copied the mission system from APB, it would be loving incredible.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Same thing happened to me. So much for cloud saves.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Don't drink and post. It's annoying.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zigmidge posted:

That they reworked this entire game to add first person is one of the most fantastic video game things ever.

The crazy thing is that a lot of the vehicle interiors have details in them that nobody ever would have seen if they were exclusively playing third person.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with his gifs. They seem like standard everyday Oppressor stuff to me. While still cool, there's nothing notable that happens.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like I'm the only person on Planet Earth that thinks it's fun to have people attack you during missions. Doing empty lobbies all the time sounds boring as hell. My strategy has been to ask the chat if the lobby is a chill one or not.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Counter-point: The Kuruma is lame and the people who use it are lame

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I can look at a GTA5 sunset sky in any context and still be amazed. For some reason I want to meet the insane geniuses that are responsible for the game looking as detailed as it does, just because I'm really curious what someone that ridiculously talented would be like irl

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Who's the guy that gets excited every time Rockstar releases a new t-shirt for their characters?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's an emoticon of a guy saying "Perfect in every way" but I can't find it so just imagine I posted it because that, sir, is perfect in every way. That needs to be in a trailer. Like drat, put that poo poo on reddit more people need to see that. I wish it could somehow be my desktop wallpaper. Zigmidge take note, thats the kind of poo poo we want to see.

edit: Goddamn I see you boosted at the end before you went under the vehicle. What the gently caress. There's no way you could have known you would clear that. Could you? Do I want to know the answer or do I prefer the mystery?

edit edit: Ok I found it :perfect:

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 2, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

taters posted:

Also who actually grinds money in this game lol.

Literally loving everyone. I don't understand it either.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello. I don't play this game, but my roommate purchased it about a month ago. For the last three weeks he has been grinding Business missions. Like 8-10 hours a day, every day, I can walk by the TV at any time and see either "go steal the supplies" or "deliver the supplies to the Business". It's never any other content. Just business missions.

Does he have a problem? Do I need to stage an intervention?

As far as I can tell this is how most people play. It makes no loving sense to me at all. I don't understand what people get out of it, I don't understand what they are theoretically building up towards (hint: its nothing). Somehow the game convinces the vast majority of players that they need to have a shitload of money to finally have fun with the game, but that fun never comes. Or even if it did, it would be insane to grind for 50 hours to get to the 'fun' part

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Its kinda useful but theres a cooldown so most of the time you will make it back before the cooldown is up. I can't remember what the cooldown is, I wanna say like 5 minutes.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I usually just ask if the lobby is chill or not. So far so good, but I'm a casual player.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Sup SA:MP buddy. I've always wondered what a SA:MP server on FiveM would look like. Doing half-assed RP with the gangs was crazy, but sadly most of the people doing RP on FiveM (especially the people doing police/EMS RP) take themselves way too seriously.

I've wondered about FiveM myself

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He's got a fire in his belly, god bless 'im

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Are you even having fun anymore my dude?

This is a good thread title

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Ah yes, because tranquility is exactly what I'm after in this game about stealing cars & killing hookers.

Hey dude, let the man play his multiplayer game as a singleplayer game for some unfathomable reason! He gains enjoyment from it somehow! Nevermind that he could achieve basically the same thing in a modded singleplayer game, he's not interested in such fallacies, just let him do his thing!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think the fist fighting just has a certain percentage chance to just 1 punch. Just based on personal fistin'

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just lol if you are playing a game involving shooting and aiming with a controller

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Real poo poo I actually did that for a while. The only way it made sense was to have accelerate be Right Mouse click so you lose the analog, which is why I dropped it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zigmidge posted:

You deemed there's only one way to do something, then dropped it wholesale.

It sounds really bad when you put it like that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like thats probably giving it a lot more credit than it deserves. I am immediately wary of all new adversarial modes. Half the time it feels like the staff never sat down and just like, played a few rounds to see obvious problems that arise.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is that snow? What's up with that?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Its snowin now ya'll! I've had the game since PC launch but this is the first time I've actually seen it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If y'all could post when Login rewards happen I would appreciate it. I'm out of town and will be instructing my roommate to log in for me.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Armed

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's ok to be done with a game after experiencing its content. What's weird is that people assign that as a negative trait, the idea that it isn't infinite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I suppose if you had 3 systems you could make some looooong playlist games, kill your main character real early and then let the other 2 idle out so you get a lot of wheel time?

Or do literally anything else with your time because holy loving poo poo