Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Gettin' in on the ground floor of this thing before the Ghost Post realizes what we've done and comes to claim this thread as well.

190Z is dropping Tuesday, everybody get hype for the Datsun 240Z clone :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Yay! Hustler when though :f5:

Hustler is after the 190Z, then lastly the Comet SR from what I've read.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

They released the hustler instead of the 190z :argh:

Just came to mention this. loving Rockstar, I was hype as hell for the 190Z :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

On the subject of movie cars...

I did my best to recreate The fastest thing in the valley :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

coupedeville posted:

American graffiti?

Indeed. Milner's Deuce coupe, or at least as close to it as I can get with the options available.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

:agreed: on the flares. It really bums me out that I can't widen the wheels, or at the very least have them poke out when you slap on those bolt on arches.

It is a super fun and pretty car other than that little issue. Lots of really good visual options, and you can make it into a really nice JDM-lookin 240Z clone. A large chunk of the Tuner wheels work really well with this thing, and it has a wide variety of cool spoilers. Real nice hood options too, I had a hard time choosing between stock and clean or the classic vented one. It throws flames like crazy too, the pictures don't do it justice with how much the exhaust pops :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Hey, this dumb thing is out. It's not bad or anything, just really boring customization options. Woo, you can get a couple different spoilers and you can slap a giant splitter on it and paint the carbon bits. Exciting :rolleyes:

This marks the end of the Doomsday content as well. Time to settle in and see what the next update is about in a few weeks. Any bets?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

There's screenshots of the new vehicles on Foxy's Twitter for those interested. Obviously there's spoilers on unreleased stuff so if you want to be surprised don't click, but... Eleanor from the Nic Cage version of Gone In 60 Seconds, a Ford RS200 rally car, the motherfucking Hotring from Vice City in all its 80s boxy stock car goodness, a classic Mini Cooper, a Toyota Supra, the Sea Sparrow is making a return, and there's even a BMW 2002 and a Volvo Amazon wagon! Lots of good poo poo.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Holy poo poo the Taipan is awful. Like... really, really bad. That thing looks like garbage, drives like a greased up log, corners with all the body roll of a Lincoln Continental from the 70s, and has basically no real customization options. It might just claim the title for "Most worthless car I have ever purchased" right off the jump :v:

The Hotring and GS200 are good and fun though. The GS200 is especially hilarious, it has such a stupid amount of grip that it will flat out roll sideways if you pitch it into a sharp turn going too fast and at too much of an angle. I managed to get a good bit of distance barrel rolling it down hills this way. As for the Hotring, I just need to grind out 18 races so I can get the best livery for it, aka the one that lets you make a decent clone of the Days of Thunder car :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

I'm already at like, 5 wins, and the tracks are so bad i don't think it's worth slogging through 15 more to be the intimidator, especially when i can already be the king.

That's the theme I went with on mine as well, since it's by far the best one you get from the start :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Jesus christ, the wheel tuck is insane :lol:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Gentlemen, the most anticipated car has finally arrived:

Just look at the stance on that little rusted shitbox :allears:

Also there's this thing, which is pretty cool, but it's certainly no Lada.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Still no Jester Classic. They're really dragging this one out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

woah woah woah

did I see a loving Supra

Jester Classic probably. It was supposed to be released with the last batch of dripfeed cars but I guess they decided to redo it and put it in this update.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Jesus christ the Swinger is fast. The acceleration from a dead stop isn't the quickest, but once it gets rolling it rips. It's drat near uncontrollable once it picks up speed :aaaaa:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

pretty bullshit that you can't buy lazlowe's shoes

:agreed:

That was one of the first things I looked for when I went to check out the new clothing :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Ugh, wrong generation Eclipse, jesus Rockstar what are you even doing :goonsay:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The Stafford and Blimp are available now. As is a new DJ set for your club, Tale of Us, and the new radio station, LSUR!

Also, i'm sure some of you are going to make the Stafford into something tasteful and elegant. I, on the other hand...

I went a different route :v:

Quite a strange variety of cars so far.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

Only goons would suggest GTA V Singleplayer is bad and Assassin's Creed is better :D

Black Flag is actually a legitimately good game though. It's Sid Meier's Pirates but with more stabbing dudes.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Nobody cares about the dogfighting performance, it's not a fighter :colbert:

BRRRRT. It's super easy to strafe ground targets and roadblocks. Walking rounds onto targets using the rudder and slight pitch adjustments is heaps of fun.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

It's also incredibly resilient in crashes with the local scenery. I pinged it off trees multiple times last night and kept clipping my wings on everything trying to get used to doing attack runs, and it just kept flying with no issues. I kept expecting one of them to just rip the wing off like with everything else, but that plane is solid. I've got full armor on mine, which might explain a lot :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCm1w_KTiY&t=3s

Strangely, there's no actual Mach 5 livery! Also, as expected, you need to bring it to your Avenger / MoC to modify it. No weapon or cosmetic mods, just livery and wheels and the usual performance and armor stuff. The boost lasts way longer than I expect every time, so I won't be surprised if a lot of these things end up in lakes and rivers :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

It's bad that I knew the exact car and already had a screenshot lying around :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Also, let's be honest, melee in GTA and RDR2 is janky as gently caress. I've had to do a few fistfights in the RDR2 story so far and they have all been unenjoyable shitshows.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Grand Theft Twisted Metal, huh? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

gently caress me, they're adding the motherfucking V8 Interceptor from Mad Max. I may have to reinstall this awful game :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I may or may not have fully committed to this Mad Max cosplay.

e: Seriously though, they went full on with these cars. Holy poo poo.

The giant tanker truck even gets the War Rig's horn from Fury Road! Like the sound is spot on.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 12, 2018

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Heck yeah! Didn’t have much time tonight but I bought the garage(3.6m). Used a rat loader I already had and upcharged that, hot drat there’s a lot of options. Is there any difference other than aesthetic to the apocalypse/future/exxxtreme versions? I did NOT see an option to change that later or even to downgrade it to stock

The new weapons are neat. I went with the kinetic grenade launcher(goes about 50ft and then FWUMP! there’s an explosion but very little damage. It’ll launch a cop car into the air) Sticky prox mines might be useful in the arena mode? Bounce is bounce, don’t know what lower % does, or rather how much bounce you get at each level
How do you activate the boost?

Depends on the boost. Shunt boost is RB / R1 + a direction on the stick, normal boost is just RB / R1. Or A / X on the face buttons depending on your handbrake controls.

Scoop front bumpers own. They function the same way as the Phantom Wedge's plow, so you can fling everything you touch hundreds of feet into the air. Good times!

I bought a second Imperator and second Impaler to go with my normal cars. No weapons, no crazy post apocalyptic decorations or spikes, just cool rear end looking cars to cruise in. Shame the the Impaler has to have either the garbage Nightmare upgrade or the Apocalypse upgrade to get the kickass giant rear tires, since I really wanted to do a semi-clean and polished drag Impaler. Ah well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Imperator and Impaler can both be stored in personal garages for sure. Not sure about the Scarab, but I'm fairly certain the Issi can be as well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Floppychop posted:

I love doing donuts.

I dont like hitting the gas pedal and just spinning for 5 seconds.

That being said: I have an Imperator, a monster truck, and a death bike. Any other arena cars I should set my sights on?

Impaler. The normal version is a pretty clean Impala street cruiser, the Apocalypse / Nightmare versions get massive rear tires and look like crazy drag cars.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

If you ain't first, you're last :clint:

Really kinda loving the fact that they put in a Talladega Nights based livery, which in turn is based off Smokey Yunick's old race livery.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I ended up buying the new RC truck despite the absolutely absurd price of $1.7mil and uh.

It's pretty hilarious and also fairly well implemented. It's stored in your Arena Workshop on its own little table, and you can customize it from there. It has multiple bodies, a set of liveries that you can apply to all of them, and the usual wheels, paint colors, etc. It has a vertical jump like the Ruiner, it can equip Kinetic or EMP mines, you can slap a remote explosive on it, and as far as I can tell it has unlimited range and battery.

NPCs absolutely freak the hell out when you drive it near them. It has enough weight to ragdoll people to the ground if you fling it into someone with enough speed and force. I haven't managed to kill anyone by running into / over them, but I can see this being hilarious if you can use it to mess with other players :allears:

Hood cam is also really fun. Makes for an interesting drive around the city.

Physics-wise, it's weird as hell. It's incredibly floaty, surprisingly fast, and it absolutely hate stairs and curbs. Navigating sidewalks is an adventure, and it's real easy to flip this thing onto the roof. So, accurate. Interesting things of note, it is always in your inventory. To drive it, you open the menu, go to inventory, and hit the option to play with your RC Bandito. From what I can tell, it pulls your actual character out of the world. Also, any wanted level you get with the truck is applied to you as well. I blew up an FBI SUV with the remote explosive, got a 3*, and found myself in a police chase :v:

It's fun. I don't think I'd recommend buying it unless you're hacker rich and have stupid amounts of money to blow, but I imagine i'll end up playing with this thing pretty regularly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

mutata posted:

Whoa that's awesome. Can you make races for it? That's the first thing I've seen that makes me want to jump back in in a while.

There's an ingame race series for it already, I believe. I haven't jumped in to try those yet but I got a notification about them.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

is it 1.7m on top of the arena workshop cost?

Yes. You have to have the Arena Workshop to even store it, so if you don't already have one, be prepared to sink the money into buying one just to store your adorable RC truck :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

New car on a Thursday is messing with me, but wa-hey, the Deviant is out! Only $512k, too!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The Vamos is a wheelstanding machine. Thing is hilarious, it will drag the rear bumper and hang the front wheels in the air as long as you keep the throttle pinned, right up until you run into something :lol:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Editor mode also allows you to remove the HUD and take full res screenshots as opposed to the scaled down ones Snapmatic uses:

Honestly, more people should use the editor. It's how I get all my best shots.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Holy poo poo as if the ruiner couldn't get any cooler you can do wheelies in it lol

You can do that with all of the muscle cars i'm pretty sure. They added that in the Arena War update i think.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Rockstar, do an update to Arena War that makes the Hearse an Arena War vehicle :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

New Gauntlet Classic has some really good customization options! Lots of brand new hood options specifically for this one, as well as some unique spoilers. Shame it sounds like absolute dogshit :sigh: