Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Supposedly there was a huge wave of bans today. Rockstar has been keeping quiet about the reasons, nothing but boilerplate responses about their algorithms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Powershift posted:

It's not gambling it's surprise money

:vince:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Vincent got done dirty, what the gently caress? That's it?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Not sure the general SA rules on discussion of hacks/mods/etc. I think the Games forum is currently closed to public so that would be the biggest concern IMO. I aint the mod though, so

The wheel space marked VEHICLE yes is supposed to change weekly, presumably with something of new content for the next few weeks. This is in discussion of the MYSTERY space though. If you land there, there are 7 types of prizes- clothes, ammo, snacks, vehicles, discounts, etc, and then a list of possible prizes for each category. The Lost MC Slamvan is one of the very very few (non police or utility) vehicles in the game that there is no legit way to purchase or steal, so its a rare commodity to be able to get one

edit: speaking of.. is the Mariachi Tornado Custom(with rust and guitars) and the Dubsta 2 the only instances of rare cars that are still only available to the patient? The hearse is off the list as of a few DLC's ago when it showed up in the store. There's a few high dollar cars like the Sandking XL that can be spawned, but those don't have any mods that make them unable to purchase, their draw is that they come pre-modded and sell for close to 20k

The Phoenix is possible to steal but a bitch to spawn.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The lack of a weaponized hearse is shameful. At the very least you should be able to extend that coffin out the back to fire as a missile launcher or mortar or minelayer.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I love my facility, not least because I need it to store my Avenger.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Dumb question then, where are you getting attack choppers and stuff? Just calling them through pegasus or do you need to have it active when you start? One of the ones we tried, I was unable to call the mechanic to summon cars

If you have a hangar and your attack choppers are personal vehicles, you can call them in through the interaction menu.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Dick Jones posted:

Some questions:

My nightclub is almost fully upgraded but I only have 3 workers on special cargo, coke, & counterfeit money. What's the next operation I should buy? What's the least profitable of all the nightclub-connected businesses?

What's the best attack aircraft for someone who usually plays solo in public sessions? The Akula?

And finally, if the events of GTA Online are set before the events of GTA Story Mode, why does Paige mention the "Jay Norris incident" when I do the Terrorbyte Targeted Data mission?

You want guns and meth as well. Akula is fantastic. Everything from the Doomsday Heist, and possibly even gunrunning, happens after single player.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m finally playing GTA Online again after a few years on Xbox One, what should I be joining so I don’t get cornholed?

buy shark cards
Don't buy shark cards. Have goons take you on heists.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Hangars are worth it so I don’t have to fly around zancudo anymore.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

But if you want LJT to shut the gently caress up, buy the upgrades. After enough phone calls, you may decide it’s worth it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Otacon posted:

Go to LSC - I can't do it inside CEO office custom garage but I haven't tried using ArenaWars garage.

1. Select your matte color.
2. Back out, go to Metallics, but don't select one.
3. Back out twice to main menu.
4. Go to Plate, and change your plate color (whatever is cheapest)
5. Go back to Respray -> Pearlescent - you can now select your Pearlescent.

Is there a way to do this on things that don't have plates, like the Avenger?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Go and make sure all your businesses are actually running. If LJT tried to call you to make you defend them at some point and you didn’t, they are now offline and need to be restarted.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Does the vehicle workshop module in the MOC work like that too, or is only the storage module capable of that? I already have an avenger, so I don’t really know what utility a MOC could bring me other than getting 14 to shut the gently caress up.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Sleekly posted:

it really shouldn't work but its great fun! im gonna miss it when its gone. trolls cheats grind and all.

ive been into RDO a lot lately and why they haven't introduced some inventor NPC to sell me a wireless i can hang on my horse is beyond me

Because I’m absolutely certain that there are people out there who would pay real money just so they don’t have The Teabag Kid calling them up every 2 minutes to remind them that their laudanum warehouse is full and it needs to be sold before the marshals ride into town.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I can’t believe there is no justice for Vincent. For gently caress’s sake, we leave him working as a mall cop instead of making him a part of the crew? poo poo’s hosed.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

You can customize the RC tank? Where/how?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

This is why I pretty much only play with friends or with the ability to purge a session whenever I like.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I don’t destroy people’s MC sales because in my opinion actually having to run an MC sale is punishment enough. gently caress the post-op delivery van forever.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Presto posted:

Tried to start the heist for the first time tonight and immediately hit a bug where it wouldn't start the mission. Had to change sessions and start again before it told me where to go.

Never change, Rockstar.

This happened for me on the armor disruption prep, and when I changed sessions it told me it was completed. Hopefully my island isn’t full of heavily armored assholes.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

I thought those helmets were entirely cosmetic. How do you turn on the functionality?

From the interaction menu. Go to style, make sure the visor is down, then go to accessories and scroll down to your helmet and press space. If you want to turn it off, repeat and hit space in the accessories menu like before, or just toggle visor up from style.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Guards can’t hear explosions. If you have difficulty dropping two guards chatting with each other at the same time, use C4. Note that they can, however, see the brick as it comes sailing in, so be quick.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Medullah posted:

Does that mean that explosive sniper rounds are "quiet" too?

Explosive sniper rounds are only used in free roam or heists that do not have a stealth mode, so no.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

My load time, from the first loading screen after the intro video to entering the game, is down to 1:13 from 7 minutes.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Using explosive sniper rounds to down a sparrow? Sparrows explode from harsh language and stiff winds. Seems like overkill, but more explosions are more better.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Some day, when you fly in, it’s gonna be El Rubio himself waiting for you. “Thought you could loving rob me again, did you?!” Rifle butt to the face, you wake up in the cage across from the panther, and English Dave is going to spring you and you have to escape.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

It’s not a solo thing, you can bring friends. There were a bunch of bugs the first few days and my first run probably took me over 5 hours of constant fuckery and frustration.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

the intro mission where you fly to the island and have to sneak away from the dance? afaik that's solo only. it never gave me a chance to invite my crew.

It’s definitely something you can do with friends. Make sure you have them in your CEO or motorcycle club when you take the mission, and you can bring them with you.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I did the first scope-out with friends, music festival and all. Then I helped them do their first scope out, so I had to watch the cutscenes way too many times. They give friends that come with you delightfully ridiculous floral outfits, which I appreciated.
This was all on PC.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The penthouse is also cool because I can take the limo to my bunker, as well as a few other places. Of course, now that the submarine exists I will likely never spawn there again.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

If you kill the process at the flash after the cash handoff, everybody gets paid. This is how you rapidly become post-scarcity solo.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Being allowed to use guns in Tequi-la-la was therapeutic. I actually took my time to use molotovs as much as possible. The screams were soothing. gently caress the MC version of that place.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

explosivo posted:

How's Cayo work with a party? It's not the standard 4 player required heist (at least I don't think so?) so is this 1m or so/hour going to be split amongst whoever is in the group at the time? Sorry for the questions, my friend is the one who bought the sub so I can't see what he's seeing and he was making it sound like we had to do everything last night.

More people means you can grab more loot, but there’s a point where you hit diminishing returns. It takes 2 people to open the special loot doors in the compound without glitching. Payout is split however you choose to apportion it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

If you are registered as or in an MC you can instantly summon your most-used motorcycle directly to you, which the Oppressor Mk2 qualifies for. You also regenerate health to full while riding your favorite bike.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I miss how they used to not hear explosions. Stealth via sticky bomb was the best.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

explosivo posted:

Is a cargobob worth investing in? It seems like it'd be great for the missions like the excess weapons parts delivery if I could carry the truck across the map but wasn't sure if it wasn't great for use in online for some reason. I imagine it's a pretty easy target in public lobbies but that's not an issue for me since I'm only playing in private lobbies.

It can’t hook any delivery vehicles that are worthwhile; best you can do is hook the cars for import/export delivery.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

There is some limited utility for the heavy revolver mk. 2, in that with certain ammo you can 2-shot helicopters. This is really not worth it though. I keep it running incendiary because I like setting people on fire.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

In the completion cutscene, they hand you a packet of money, and then there is a very rapid double flash. Kill the process within like half a second of the second flash.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

So, we can gently caress around with mod menus without being hellbanned forever, now? What is out there that isn’t trash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Does Kiddion’s let you teleport yourself to Cayo with your guns? Because I would like to go to Cayo with my guns. For reasons. Murderous reasons.