Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I think the thing that I'm concerned with is less the time between runs, but more the time it takes to do a run.

That's a less simple analysis, but It's what I'm actually interested in. I don't want to grind out my money in the fewest possible days, I want to commit the least amount of active time to grinding. Idle time is free to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I'm still not convinced that I shouldn't just spend all my starting money on an oppressor and then worry about getting an income later.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

namlosh posted:

Nightclub (with at least 5 businesses) wins this hands down. If you can leave your computer with the game idling, it’s the absolute best money maker.

Sure, but that costs a bunch of money to get started. What should I be doing in the meantime? At what point does nightclub get started being better than the second best? What do the break even times look like? I'd like to be able to look at the information available to asses changes to the strategy as things go on sale/based on my personal valuation of doing certain activities.

Also, I wasn't aware that I couldn't just straight up buy an oppressor mk2. That makes sense to get some income going first.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Do timers advance just in free play, or when doing missions as well?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

mp5 posted:

1. Read this
2. When you own all 5 MC Businesses, a Bunker, and a Cargo Warehouse and can maximize your idle stock accumulation with 5 Nightclub techs.
3. NGL it takes a while but this question is too broad to answer more specifically.

That's a maxed out nightclub, right? So, it's only marginally better than bunker(I believe that's your second best)?

What I've got so far is nightclub costs 3.25 million for non free mc businesses + 250k for the warehouse + 1.645 million for the nightclub + 1.702 million for the storage upgrades = 6.847 million
Bunker costs the 1.65 million + 75k for initial supply

I'm probably missing something here because there's always some weird prerequisite for things that isn't always clearly indicated (I did get the free ceo, though, don't need to point that one out)

Nightclub is 1.59 million per mission
Bunker is 135k per mission

I must be missing something, because the nightclub missions don't seem to be 10x harder or longer than the bunker missions.
Like, you're saying it's not worth it to run nightclub without all businesses, including document forgery? ie, that a 135k per run bunker is better than a 1.53 million per run nightclub?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The sales missions themselves aren't harder. The nightclub makes more at one time based on the other businesses you have. Like if you have *only* Documents, the most the night club can ever make is $60,000 and thats going to take 15 hours to build up to that worth. If you then buy a new business like Cash, now the nightclub can hold up to $200,000(140k of cash, 60k of docs), and that takes 20 hours to build up(20hr to max out cash, 15hr to max docs, but they run at the same time). Each business that you own, can contribute to the nightclub at the same time(assuming enough techs, and enough storage to hold more product).

That's the entire reasoning behind the nightclub "not being worth it" with only one or 2 businesses - it's a lot of wasted potential

I get that. I was responding to the comment that the nightclub isn't worth it unless you have every business.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I mean, yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Everyone seems to have their primary metric as dollars per real life day, but I don't really want to grind it out asap, I just want to play the game and then occasionally restock my cash with minimal effort.

Considering that I haven't really done anything in the game yet and have 5 million dollars, I don't really think that the "early game" exists. It seems to me like I could just take the free bunker, take the free mc business, buy the warehouse, buy the nightclub upgrades and then just fill out the rest of the mc businesses as I make money on nightclub.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Dr. Stab posted:

That's a maxed out nightclub, right? So, it's only marginally better than bunker(I believe that's your second best)?

What I've got so far is nightclub costs 3.25 million for non free mc businesses + 250k for the warehouse + 1.645 million for the nightclub + 1.702 million for the storage upgrades = 6.847 million
Bunker costs the 1.65 million + 75k for initial supply

I'm probably missing something here because there's always some weird prerequisite for things that isn't always clearly indicated (I did get the free ceo, though, don't need to point that one out)

Nightclub is 1.59 million per mission
Bunker is 135k per mission

I must be missing something, because the nightclub missions don't seem to be 10x harder or longer than the bunker missions.
Like, you're saying it's not worth it to run nightclub without all businesses, including document forgery? ie, that a 135k per run bunker is better than a 1.53 million per run nightclub?

Having actually gone through this, I missed that the bunker does not make money unless upgraded, and also starts with full supply. So, the Bunker is 1.65 million + 1.7535 million in upgrades = 3.4035 million.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

mp5 posted:

Oh boy there's a lot to unpack here. i'm going to respond to as much stuff as I can without going nuts.

I'm not trying to advocate for any specific course of action, I'm just trying to understand how the game works.

See, those vehicle upgrades you mention are a cost that isn't really presented in any of the other guides. Getting an actual total cost for a business isn't really a thing that is really all that well collated anywhere. I mean, people here were posting "yeah do that" in response to a plan I posted that was a few million dollars short of actually being able to function.

I'd already bought the bunker before I saw this post. While I was looking at it from a position of "idle time is free" I don't actually live like that, I was just trying to look at activities in the game from the perspective of user time commitment, where it seems a maxed out nightclub trumps bunker which trumps a baby nightclub. I'm interested to know at what level of investment the nightclub becomes worth my while to add into the mix of using the bunker to get money.

Then, on top of that, If the breakeven on the nightclub is too long, I could just not bother with it at all. Like, I don't expect to have a month total playtime, and apparently the way the game works, I basically need to be idling to get it to tick at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

mp5 posted:

I have been hard at work updating the guide with information on stats and how to level them, and other stuff. Let me know what else you want to know, and if it makes sense I'll research and add it in there

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1An_kcB7WFepgxEayKKNRCBORdxvEuwV59rW1EXyXQOg/

For leveling strength, the mission you say to use doesn't open until level 70. I've also seen people talk about doing the same thing with "time to get away" which unlocks at level 21. Is there a difference or is it just any mission that has no police and locked noon with no tine limit?