Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

at least they added an LL Cool J song to the radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

and then after enough grinding, YOU can get a cheater rear end rocket motorcycle. and paint it pink zebra print

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

I was right! Logged in for one last romp in the snow and not only did R* take it away a day early but all the Christmas clothes I was wearing were replaced by a generic tanktop and shorts. RIP elf shoes and candy cane stocking :(

Oh so that's what happened. I thought a hacker did something to me. Can you really not use Xmas clothes at other times of the year??? That's dumb

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Katamari Democracy posted:

Thanks again for the help last night to some of the goons who I played with. I'll eventually get up there in ranks and whatnot.

I purchased the bunker and it seems to be sucking money out of my account. I keep purchasing cargo so my workers can make products but the return on it does not seem great. Am I doing anything wrong?

do you have the equipment and staff upgrades? one of them makes your stock sell for slightly more, but both are worth it when you can get them (the security upgrade doesn't help much, if i recall correctly.) the bunker is slow to start, like most gta online businesses, but eventually it'll click and you'll break even, then start profiting from it.

that $9000 hourly charge is a bitch, though

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Unfortunately, it's $10,000 in Shark Cards.

or worse

$10,000 of in-game money

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Is there anything with working pop-ups currently? I know a few of the older cars like dukes have the front mounted ones with covers that slide/rotate out of the way

pretty sure some of the 80’s sports cars have them. i think the turismo classic does at least

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

unless you have it on epic, because it gets into a loop of installing and restarting social club launcher :rockstar:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

I did the first mission available. The train robbery.

Kind of annoying, forces you to use lovely guns with very limited ammo.
2 in-lobby set-ups that are cheesed with the oppressor, 1 final mission. Took 25 minutes, paid $172k

i got a different set of ones, so i guess it's random?

i did the data one. 2 set-ups, one alright, one kinda lovely; and a finale that sucked rear end. and then a bastard got into the trailer and shot my guy anyway so i had to redo it and i think driving around and shooting for like 20 minutes straight gave me carpal tunnel. but it *was* doable solo

paid $150k so i'm only down like... 2 million on the auto shop :shepface:

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

in my experience most modders change their name to someone innocent in the session or to something like "xX lIlIillIlili Xx" to make themselves unreportable. it's frightening how bad the reporting system is in this game

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

They don't even need to change their name, when you report a player it sends the report to them so their game can submit it for some insane reason.

yup, that too. i’ve even seen footage of mod menus where users can see who is reporting them before the mod menu discards the report without sending it, so the modder can kick the reporter or imitate them to get them banned

i assume the Illlllllll thing and imitation are for anyone recording footage to send to rockstar support. gta online on pc is a wasteland where actually playing with other people is a bad idea most of the time

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

rockstar gave everyone 250k because the tuners update brought a bunch more people onto gta online (apparently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Captain Melo posted:

I swear I saw there were low grip tires added for drifting, but all I'm seeing is the Track tires at the Auto Shop and Car Meet. Am I missing something?

are you looking in the menu with the bulletproof tires at the car meet?