Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
It's funny how this game works.
You sit down to play with one idea in your head, like, "tonight I'm going to sell off those Top range cars sitting in my warehouse".
Then a fucker on an Oppressor destroys the first car you try to turn in and you spend the rest of the night hunting him down until he rage quits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

I'm just struggling with the loving programming used to spawn the Buzzard when you call it from the SecureServ menu.
My favourite is when it spawns under a bridge.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

An evening with coupe is hilarious.
Would recommend 10/10

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

I guess he's good at this game especially as he told us that he owned the lobby...
That k/d tho....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Deuterious posted:

The thing I took from Broughy's video was that there is no point to go for anything other than the low downforce setup as the cars have stupid levels of grip by them selves and keep the top speed.

Only if you get past that first corner.
Car is useless without the wings!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

That was fun, goonbros.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Eregos posted:

A few days ago, I considered posting my quick disconnect script to make winning the lucky wheel vehicle more efficient and decided against it, since it didn’t seem broadly useful enough to the thread. However, I’ve since found a more important use for quick disconnect. Even if you don’t care about the lucky wheel at all, when stuck in the clouds, quick disconnecting then immediately reconnecting often unglitches the game and puts me in a solo public session in seconds. The method I scrapped together in half an hour can definitely be improved upon, but given how slow transferring between lobbies/sessions has gotten lately having some method comes in handy. It saves time and makes the game better.

Requirements: Windows 10, Autohotkey installed. Likely adaptable for Win 7.

Find out what your local internet connection is called and replace ‘ Ethernet ‘ with that, leaving the doublequotes. I can see mine in Network Status. Could be annoying if the name of yours changes often.

Shortcuts were just to get around Windows 10 not allowing autohotkey to run applications as administrator. Yes there’s cleaner ways of doing it. But it works 100% consistently for me. Had no need for such a script before, but it has multiple uses in GTA Online.

After set up, double click the AHK script to start it, runs until closed in the taskbar bottom right. I’ve never been banned or punished for running simple autohotkey scripts like this in any videogame.

edit: nearly forgot, to use it for the lucky wheel, first you'll want to test it, get something interesting you were going to watch/listen to anyways going, disconnect near the bad result, wait until you've completely quit the session back to SP, reconnect, wait a couple seconds, press home -> reconnect to rockstar, close rockstar when it pops up, go to online -> invite only session.

Public sessions load slower and worsen your turnaround time. Solo/invite only is preferred. I got it down to 2 minutes between spins.

I just open Resource Monitor. Then I right click on GTAV.exe and suspend for 9 seconds, then Resume for a Public solo session

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

I bought it to get rid of Bryony

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

I use a GHub script for my keyboard. I wrote a macro for it so that it removes the element of randomness of human timing, leaving only the random number generated by the wheel.
So it only takes a couple of tries.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Script kiddy annoying everyone tonight!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

You know, the alien thing was soooo two weeks ago *bored voice*

Sadly I bought bought green and purple two weeks ago so egg on my face.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Be a lot of Contact-mission-TV-watching gameplay this week, waiting for the bunker to fill.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

FuturePastNow posted:

I always get chips :(

I know I could always "cheat" by killing the game but :effort:

I always get clothes.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Gok has an amazing beginner's guide on the Discord.
You should stop by and read it.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

I was OK with Paleto, but I didn't use it for gun-running. It was free, so I just used it to complete all my research.
Once research was done, I switched to gunrunning.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Slush Garbo posted:

Only Australians will get that post, but like 14 hours later...

So I live in Vancouver, and Australians are people from the future.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Medullah posted:

I actually recommend just not getting the Pounder or the Mule. Fully upgraded the Speedo is actually really good. Sure you might need to do 2-3 runs, but it's so much easier than trying to maneuver the Pounder.

:agreed:

However, I also have a fully upgraded Mule, which I have never, ever used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

mp5 posted:

I'm now completely confused about what you actually want.

Min/maxing is the curse of grindy video games everywhere.