Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just as I start to get hooked on the online it goes dark. How often do servers go down and for long, typically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was playing the Batman vs Speedracer Hunting pack event and while the Batman is easy to figure out the rocket, the speedracer car's prompt says that "E" activates the jump (sure) while pressing space is how you use the rocket. Hitting space just slows you down though? It'll spit out a little the smallest bit of flame and then proceed to slow to a crawl, presumably because it's mapped to handbrake for the other cars. It makes it pretty much impossible to participate, firstly because the car doesn't seem especially fast and secondly because, if you actually catch up, it's so light it bounces off everything. Meanwhile my high level teammates are boosting into them at 9000 mph. Anyway, nobody in game answers how to use it and the youtube videos aren't a whole lot of help either.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How do I find the other starting locations for hunting pack remix (or other crap. I played one called hippy hunting that reminded me of smugglers run with guns)? There's one marked on my pause menu map in the downtown area under featured events, but it's always the batman/speed racer event. I'm getting a little tired of it. Asking other players is pretty much pointless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SplitSoul posted:

Just use Adversary Mode from the Quick Mission menu on the phone. And be happy it's Hunting Pack Remix I, the rest suuuck.

Nah, 7 is loving great. 6 is pretty bad though. And while 1 is probably all around most interesting, getting boosted by the batmobile is way too effective. Played against some 300 earlier and we couldn't even catch them. First time I've seen it happen. And while you're going to tell me to get gud or whatever, my teammates were all much higher levels than me.

Anyway, I tried hosting game from quick mission and while I eventually did get a round of trading places remix, it doesn't let me pick the first level. I had fun enough but it'd be nice if I could pick more than the weather. Also, despite making the game, I wasn't host? I actually have a huge problem understanding just how the game works. I've never played anything remotely like it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So I cluttered up my armaments with worthless pickups and despite dropping them on some homeless guy who asked for change (I figured he'd get more money in the long run with a gun), they were back the very next session. I assume they're here to stay, yeah?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not sure there's a game I've ever played with a thinner margin between fun as hell and frustrating as gently caress. Some of these jobs could almost be standalone games but good luck getting people to play some of them

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I play video games to escape my awkward movement, tyvm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The tennis mission sucks rear end. I had no clue how long a tennis match lasts so I quit after 4 and didn't get any credit. Who the hell wants to play six rounds of tennis

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Threw the match and my opponent made it to the 6th match before dropping or quitting. Did not complete. :negative:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can I request a car list from simeon or does it just pop up whenever it feels like

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Medullah posted:

Wait people still steal cars for Simeon?

It's for a mission. I'll probably skip it anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That is an incredible looking minigame and you'd never get that many people playing in pubs :-/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Completed all daily missions (game masters sucks) + got the vagner from wheel in around ~20 minutes. It's poo poo like this that keeps me from getting too frustrated with the game. It's almost insidious how well it works too

But I do got a nice shiny rear end car

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That happened to me last night while trying to join/start a game masters. The first time, I got a bunch of RP and like 20k :shrug:. I had to switch servers to fix it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can I bind car aim and the horn to the same key (right mouse)? The game doesn't seem to want to let me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How little stock do I need where I can sell bunker guns with one monster truck instead of two.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

El Padrino posted:

Up to 175k any more than that you get 2 vehicles

I did a test run with 6k so I didn't get hosed again and it gave me an Insurgent instead of a lovely monster truck and it was a total breeze. Is it luck of the draw? gently caress, I might have been able to complete 2 trips with the insurgent.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fwoderwick posted:

And in case you've not seen it yet, if you get a delivery vehicle you don't like you can switch to another session and try again. You'll lose a small amount of product value as a penalty, I think 14k worth?

:negative:

God I almost wish you didn't tell me that. Talk about painful

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is the bunker supposed to lose money? 75k supplies got me 60k value of stock. Granted it's slightly better if I take it to Los Santos which is what I'd do but even then, that's only 15k profit and it seems like it'd be entirely contingent on dickheads not loving with me. This whole business experiment's been a huge disappointment. If I didn't buy all the accouterments I don't feel like I'd gotten so raw a deal but with all the bells and whistles I turned my free bunker (that's out in the middle of nowhere) into a 1.5~ mil money sink. Shoulda bought a hangar then at least I'd get to practice my flying

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

El Padrino posted:

You need to upgrade everything but security in the bunker so you can get the 140k in stock from 75k in purchase of supplies

I do have the employee upgrade

e: Wait, so you can't even sell your bunkers? I've pretty much ruined this character then.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 27, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I completed the treasure hunt and added a new one :negative:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone called my Vagner a frog car and I laughed because it reminded me of doobie so if you're looking for a logo still the frog logo could be really funny

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can you lose your spin? I stepped up to the wheel, hit S, then started messing around with my phone timer so I could try to get car. Walked away for a half second and it says I already spun for the day...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I meant E. I didn't spin which was the cause for confusion. It did let me when I came back later though!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

VectorSigma posted:

finally a use for the most expensive thing in the game

What's that, the boat? Are they invite only? I swam out to one so I could do things to it but it wouldn't let me climb the ladder

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is it possible to make my car aim and car horn be the same button so that it plays every time I aim? The game says no, but some pubbie said yes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Anyone having trouble signing on? It's telling me I need to sign into social club, which is down or perhaps unavailable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahaha that's great.

Game ate my up and atomizer. It's not a very good gun and I mostly use it for getting unstuck but god drat, that was 400k. Un loving believable. I'm not sure I've ever played such a major title that's so sloppy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So many very solid changes that I've got to wonder who's got a gun pointing at the developers heads. The real question is: Will they return my gun

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Here's an actual question: How come the gang attack under mount chiliad doesn't work for me? The night one against the Lost MC in the long tunnel? It just plain doesn't spawn. I'm there at the right time and everything

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nope!

Also, weapons that are dropped+picked up or appear in your inventory due to hackers disappear when you change lobbys right? If so, then I legit bought that Atomizer because I had it for weeks. Yet I can't get rid of a fireworks launcher with no ammo....

I'm going to give rockstar the benefit of the doubt and assume this is the work of hackers, yeah? Really it could be 50/50.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Total bullshit 1v1 "team deathmatch" doesn't count for a "deathmatch" for purposes of daily missions. Getting participants is pretty much impossible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Man you get quite a bit of money for doing a week's worth of missions. I was doing the stolen car challenge so I figured I hit some milestone and gotten a massive bonus. Nope!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wow the profit margins with the warehouse are great... wish I had gone this route instead of the clunker.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...how the gently caress do you manage that. I'm sick of dildos loving with people who aren't doing anything.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zesty posted:

Don't they know this game is supposed to be a solo grind for carebears?

Yes! Finally someone gets it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

24 days of completing objectives, even managing to convince some rando to beat me at tennis, then I get the doomsday heist prep :negative:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

coupedeville posted:

Do you not have a facility?

I did not but I bought one specifically for it lol. The worry was that in the last few days I'd get multiple objectives where I'd have to have something expensive and get priced out. I just know I'm going to get the one where I need a terrorbyte or a nightclub lol. I'm 1 day, 3 objectives from completing it though and I've got 2 mil in the bank so I should be able to afford pretty much anything I need, knock on wood. I just spent nearly two hours switching lobbys waiting for a freemode challenge.

coupedeville posted:

You can easily join on some pubbie if you really desire that 28 day cheevo my dude :downs:

This isn't really true either. I spent hours switching rooms and asking, politely, for someone with one to hire me on and initiate it and I got one taker... who promptly started a setup instead. It was damned nice of him to try regardless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Makes sense but I didn't know that lol. I did get one where I had to participate in a client job and even got someone with a terrobyte to help me with it but it didn't count.

Anyway, I completed it with an insanely easy list: darts, scuba and bull testosterone. I was hoping for that glitch where it wouldn't count the final objective so I could complete it over and over again but no such luck. Does anyone know anything about that?

Since I didn't have to buy anything I finally upgraded my ride and it's looking pretty snazzy. Spent probably 200grand because I didn't know chrome rims couldn't be colored but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's incredible.

Podium vehicle looks awesome this week but I've been burned before. Too bad I'm probably gonna have very few spins to get it on account of weather