Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is there still a way to paint stock wheels? The old method was to buy any set of rims in the color you wanted, then use the ifruit app to re-order the stock wheels and they would be painted the same color as the previous set. Haven't tried it in a while, does this still work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Those are still the exact steps? I swear I couldn't get it working last time I tried, but Ill give it another shot tonight.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hugh Malone posted:

I did it yesterday on the visione, just like you said. Buy cheap wheels in desired color from lsc, buy stock wheels in ifruit

E:ps4 if it makes a diff
Yeah duh thanks of course it always worked its just the last two cars I tried had chrome wheels. :doh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Jose Mengelez posted:

I'd just like to be able to stance cars for drifting without removing the bulletproof tires and emptying a clip into the hubcaps. :shrug:
It's very disappointing how few cars can do proper donuts with the gas floored and no handbrake modulation. Off the top of my head I can think of the viserius and mamba.

This is why sports classics are the best class.

e: drift tampa and possibly regular tampa?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

Get ready to see grey cars with black stripes everywhere you look. [/timg]
I already did this with the rapid gt classic because Im an idiot and thought it was supposed to be a mustang. :downs:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it's the ideal number for balance. With more cops it would be virtually impossible to win, and with more runners there would be no way to keep track of all of them and their checkpoints.

Also you really need three cops to take on the runner. I played with a guy that I'm pretty sure was hacking because his cars all had ridiculous maneuverability and extremely fast acceleration forwards and backwards, to the point where on his turn he was completely untouched for 2 minutes straight, and I still beat him when I was the runner just because one or two cops isn't enough to box in the runner.
Theres an option (or its every game? I dunno) to turn car mods on, so maybe he has the turbo and engine upgrades and keeps the rest of the car plain looking.

e: or maybe hacker I dont know how fast you mean

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://gfycat.com/respectfuldiscreteamericanindianhorse.mp4

shuckbot

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Doofwagon?

e:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

It would be nice if we could drown to death in a sea of gifs and videos and screenshots from the most colourful update this game has ever seen.
No, posts like this are better.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I hope GTA 6 has a wheel offset slider. :thumbsup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was being literal.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

The new jag is looooooooow and gets loooooooooower

and my life be like

I get these are the most popular but I want to see more. Off the top of my head I can only think of the red corvette stingray and the rally fighter. A whole f&f themed garage.

E: classic skyline too

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
nice.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I feel like that is not the right tool for the job.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

find or make a different lobby jfc this isnt hard guys there is 0 counter to anyone who decides to make your life hard in gta online
Yeah! Lets help the new people with snark!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Please post more good words and less bad gifs.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

What other single person vehicles have aimable weapons? Not counting the build in machine guns on everything lately, or the trend of rockets on everything, and I know that the chance of adding new Mk II vehicles is about the same as adding new Benny's cars
1. Tampa has a ton of options but the requirement paywall to fully load it up is redonkulous(bunker, MOC, research lottery), too bad it's made of paper mache.
2. A dune buggy I never played much but I guess the guns in that are p weak, plus again dune buggys aren't really known for their defensive properties, or doors, or windows.
3. The new Speedo delivery van is a pretty decent general use vehicle with a balance of offense and defense
4. One of the other new delivery trucks has driver weapons i think, the other needs a copilot
I love the weaponized tampa, especially because if you shoot backwards it gives you a speed boost.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://gfycat.com/LavishMinorAcornwoodpecker.mp4

Car is fun.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

Incoming: Carebear cry zone in the gta online thread
Phew hes gone.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FuturePastNow posted:

send muggers after everybody
This works 1 in 10 times and it's always worth those 9 other tries.

edit: aw shiz first post. this guy was being a butt somehow i forget why.

https://gfycat.com/JoyousInsecureBrocketdeer.mp4

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 29, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
~*theatrics*~ aka high and forgot

https://gfycat.com/GrouchyBossyAnnashummingbird.mp4

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 29, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its a slow little car but its fun to drive for the compact races since everyone else has an issi (mini cooper),

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Popularity is a nice little drip of $$ but maintaining it is stupid. The missions are like you say 1/2 a bar, so 10 missions to fill it. Booking a DJ for the first time costs $100,000, theres a little mission, and assuming you finish it you go up to a full pop bar. If you change back to an already unlocked DJ it's only $10,000 and it gets you half a bar. This resets your wallsafe income to $10k/day ($20k/day while its on special). It stays at the $10k value for the first 2 clicks of the bar, so a full bar and no refills will get you 10 + 10 + 9 + 8 + ... Again theres a ton of nerd math to min/max this and keep rollin.

If you want to fill the bar with changing DJs, go to any of the computer terminals in the storage areas, *NOT* the one in the club office. From the club office, every time you change it does a quicktime event and drops you back at your front door. From one of the basement terminals, you can just click-click-click and not take forever to walk back

AFAIK the pop bar decreases at in-game 00:00, so if you refill it and the time is 23:55, in :05 its going to go down a click. Its a feature, not a bug! If the safe is full at $70k, it stops accumulating, and theres no way to get "back pay"

I like the missions once in a while, however grinding them would probably be a sign of brain damage. I suppose realistacally you could get to full pop and then do one mission a day to keep it that way? Or 2 back to back every 2 days to take advantage of that little bump

Other than cash, the perks of having a full-ish pop bar are
1) making some drinks available - can't slam the mind eraser if you got no repuation, and some of the high end champagnes drop off the menu at different threshholds
2) If you're above 4 bars, you can smoke blunts in the chill room by the upstairs bar one of the IRL dj's is anti-drug so if they're the house band, its replaced with a cig instead
Sir this is the GTA thread.

wait

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Full goon server in MTA playing OJ Chase will be that dragon I forever chase, peak gaming.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
needs more cagejump

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The scramjet has a longer boost than the vigilante, if that car works for stuff like that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Vigilante is 2 seater. Gullwings bro.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

The weaponized Tampa is great for doing missions solo. It doesn't have as much armor or damage resistance like the kuruma or insurgent, but it's got a mounted machine gun that only the driver can control.
And if you shoot behind you your car goes faster. :thumbsup:

I am most proud of my tampa collection.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Floppychop posted:

Shame the Imperator kind of sucks to drive. It has no traction.
Look at this guy who hates donuts.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Did gfycat break hotlinking the mp4s? None of my old links work anymore and my test pms dont work. :argh:

Anyway, you can finesse the imperator into holding the wheelie with just throttle

https://giant.gfycat.com/SnivelingLikelyDogwoodtwigborer.webm

But the fastest way to launch is to immediately touch the brake after letting off the handbrake.

https://giant.gfycat.com/FlamboyantThickKatydid.webm

tmyn.gif

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Wheelies in the deviant are doooopppppe and actually feel faster than a normal takeoff, unlike the dominator which is more of a novelty.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The vamos is pretty cool but I couldn't get the wheelie to stay unless I had a wheelie bar. (I know, duh, but the deviant and imperator arent like this)

Also there's this which is p cool

https://gfycat.com/EagerAptAfricanelephant

Have no idea how to embed these anymore so

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ziploc posted:

What is 'this glitch'?

Powershift posted:

From what i can gather, in your garage you call lester and have him find you a plane, then quickly leave your garage and go to where the plane should be. If the plane doesn't spawn it starts refunding you the $1000 once per second.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FuturePastNow posted:

To expand on that, a little over 18 months ago I (and pretty much everyone in PC public sessions) was a beneficiary of the modders dropping money via $50k Securoserv payments. I got about 1.4 billion from this, which was pretty typical of people I know. I figured R* would have some way of detecting it so I laundered some of the money by buying about 60 X80s until I ran out of garage space on two characters. And bought anything else I'd ever want from Elitas or Warstock.

Eventually they did wipe all the money, leaving me with 20k (I'd had about 30 million legit GTA$ before). But I sold all the cars over time (got to pace yourself so you don't trigger the system to detect *that*). There are much more expensive cars you can use to launder money now, too.
I should've did this. I was reset to 750k after having a few dozen million. I just like playing car dress up and I only have like 2 million. :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

T1g4h posted:

Hi, it's me, the world's biggest Tampa fan. The Tampa owns, always buy the Tampa :h:
Yeah. Ive got 3 tampas. Get the tampa.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ive thrown the "Game + 8 million" CD keys at my account a few times and when you activate it'll just tell you what you already own and whats activating on top of it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Man, the gauntlet hellfire is fun. Big, heavy, and lots of torque.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are you driving a primo?? Thanks for showing it some respect I like that car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sleekly posted:

Has the snow fallen yet? Does that still happen in Dec?
Thought it was just for a couple days around christmas and new years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrC_2Q-ZOaQ
I like the pew pew lasers.