Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Furia posted:

Left this thread and game for like 1-2 years and holy poo poo have things gotten wild :stare:

The Golden Age of this game was probably June through December of 2016, From the time the CEO update dropped until just before Gunrunners and the introduction of silly rear end vehicles like the Oppressor.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Oppressor, but vehicles like it and now the Deluxo and Akuma, along with solo "public" lobby exploits being widely known have not been good for the game imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taters
Jun 13, 2005

https://kotaku.com/gta-onlines-biggest-problem-is-other-players-1829039845

Another problem that players point out is that attackers and trolls have a big advantage over defenders in these missions and sales. Defenders are usually unable to pick their transport and their drop-off point and have only one chance to complete the mission successfully. Attackers aren’t on missions, and so don’t have the same limitations or stakes. They have no restrictions on vehicles; they are in a open lobby and can bring anything they want. They can group up and take out a sole player. They can die as much as they want and respawn. This all creates a scenario where a player might have spent hours or days grinding to get a big shipment of weed or guns to sell and another player can take all that hard work away in a matter of seconds.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

It's trivially easy to make a "private" public lobby now and the golden age of GTA online griefing is long past.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Also who actually grinds money in this game lol.