Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
NICE CAT rear end in a top hat!!!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

death to america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Chinatown posted:

NICE CAT rear end in a top hat!!!

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 12, 2018

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Jesus that writing is so, so bad

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Maldoror posted:

cat farts dont make sounds, they make smells

I had a cat when I was growing up that farted whenever I tried to hold him. He did not like being held. It was an excellent defensive maneuver, since I'd put him down as soon as the stank hit me.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

JakeP posted:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jessica-michaelson/im-glad-my-son-ate-cat-poop_b_5544506.html

I’m Glad My Son Ate Cat Poop

Yesterday, I met up with an amazing friend and her spunky daughter at a local tot lot so our kids could run and crawl around while we could sit and catch up. They did. We did.

Then it was lunch time. My two boys and her girl gathered around us at the benches for finger foods and continued playing in between bites.

My youngest, a few days shy of 1 year old, has a healthy appetite and stayed right by my side as I handed off bites of quesadilla, strawberry and banana. I popped a slice of banana in his mouth and he crawled away to check out a plastic excavator.

I ate a bite of strawberry myself, then looked back up at my sweet baby boy. He was still chewing. Usually, a banana bite is down the hatch in no more than three chews. “Are you still eating that banana, baby?” I get up, walk two feet, crouch down and check his mouth. Has the banana been dropped in sand and reinserted, because it sure is brown. And then, the stench hit me...

“He’s eating poop!”

The remainder of the turd — or the part that had drooled out of his mouth as he savored his current mouthful — was next to him, and undeniably, it was poop.

Bird? No, cat! And a mouth FULL. And a smile, and CHEWING. My friend and a mom we had been talking to registered what I had just said: “He’s eating it?!?!”

And then the kids register what I’ve said. 3-year-old stops in his tracks, “He’s eating poop?!?!”

And then the laughter. At this point, the laughter is the backtrack to my shoving wet-wipes into baby’s mouth. He’s smiling because he loves when his big brother laughs, but he’s clearly a bit annoyed that I’ve extracted his snack.

“He ate poop?!?!??!” That’s me, incredulous.

It takes many wipe-swipes before they come out poop-free. By this point, I’m laughing, too. And a little high on adrenaline from the nice combination of crisis management and lack of true imminent danger.

Next thought: There is a lack of imminent danger, right?

Then I call the doctor. I get an advice nurse who can’t find “Ate Cat Feces” in her problem list database.

She asks, “What brand was it?” I’m silent. As a psychologist, I’m used to not answering questions and letting the asker figure it out.

It takes a few seconds. “Oh, cat POOP. There is no brand.”

She puts me on hold while she calls her supervisor. “She wants to know what brand it was?” Again, I allow the silence to answer.

“Um, maybe call Poison Control? I can do it for you.” No, no. I can call Poison Control.

“Poison Control, how can I help you?”

“My kid ate a mouthful of fresh cat poop.”

“That’s not our department, you’re supposed to call Infectious Disease Control.”

“Oh.”

“But, if the cat had worms, the child might get worms. Look out for him scratching his behind or worms in his poops.”

OK, not imminent threat. And another thing that will crack my preschooler up — worms in poop.

Now that I had reassurance that the likely downside would be relatively benign, I was free to laugh and enjoy the situation. While I will feel terrible for the little guy if he has to suffer the discomfort of pin-worms and I will bring him right into the pediatrician’s office to get immediate medical care (I promise!), for now, we can all enjoy the event.

The baby liked eating the poop.

The big boy liked being able to say “poop” as much as he wanted. And he’s excited to go back to school and tell all his friends, “but only when we’re in the bathroom, cuz that’s bathroom words.” So rule-abiding.

I liked the thrill of emergency intervention without the terror that comes from true danger.
I love that I’m not freaked out. I don’t feel like a bad mom. I don’t feel like I should have supervised him more or kept him from putting crap in his mouth — because I didn’t expect the crap would actually be crap. So, this time it was actual crap. As one mom pointed out, “the sand is covered with cat poop, so they’re all getting it in their mouths all the time.” Don’t fool yourselves, people.

Even if (knock on wood) the baby gets sick from this, it will not take away the pleasure we derived from the moment, so I’ll let myself acknowledge it and welcome it.

Joy isn’t always easy to come by, so I’ll take it where I can get it.
He's starting early. drat millennial influence.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
One time I smelled the most rank and horrible fart I have ever smelled in my life and assumed it was the cat since no human rear end in a top hat could be capable of such a fetid stench. Months later my bf confessed while stoned that it was him the entire time so maybe the OP is playing a similar long con to cover up his own appalling beefs or my bf is hiding under his desk or something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Jesus that writing is so, so bad

The nurse is apparently not familiar with symptoms of worms from cats. I don't think they can transmit pin worms-the itchy rear end worms.

Round worms are the most likely for him to catch. That would cause bloating and coughing. Then he would crap out a worm. Source - I worked at a vet office where a coworker didn't see a problem with washing our coffee mugs with patient litter pans.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The other cat is giving you stinkeye for looking.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bored posted:

Round worms are the most likely for him to catch. That would cause bloating and coughing. Then he would crap out a worm. Source - I worked at a vet office where a coworker didn't see a problem with washing our coffee mugs with patient litter pans.

:barf:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah. It caused that too.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
don't tell my cats but I like one of them HEAPS more than the other

one of the cats can get hosed the other i love more than most people and seriouslt would like sacrifice maybe 10 people I don't know to save

she is a good cat and she makes me happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Guildenstern Mother posted:

One time I smelled the most rank and horrible fart I have ever smelled in my life and assumed it was the cat since no human rear end in a top hat could be capable of such a fetid stench. Months later my bf confessed while stoned that it was him the entire time so maybe the OP is playing a similar long con to cover up his own appalling beefs or my bf is hiding under his desk or something.

If your bf isn't sharing every fart with you he doesn't really love you

• Locked thread