Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Just got caught up on the last couple seasons. S5 and S6 were really good. So far this season is ehhhhhh. Although I'm in love with O'Keefe's producer, Sharon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I don’t know. My girlfriend follows this show and the previous seasons I stopped watching because it just bored me. Especially the family/bipolar stuff.
But I really liked this season so far.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

mrfart posted:

Especially the family/bipolar stuff.

Carrie's kid serves no purpose and really bogs down the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I wish Franny died with Quinn last season.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I liked last episode's ending, sue me.

So far this season is ok. Gonna keep watching.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Last episode was great. Just hoping they didn't wrap up that plot too quickly and leave us with a ton of family stuff.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That god we're moving somewhere. If they had one more episode of them tracking Sadrine Holt around without anything happen I'd have given up hope.

I was initially really concerned that when James D'Arcy turned up that we'd end up seeing some sort of affair plot line with her and him and Dante. (God knowsCarrie loves her a fake British, every one of her ex's is one!) But I guess now that Dante's a double agent -- that's what's going on right? -- I guess we've dodged that bullet.

I think this season could turn out to be pretty good after all. Just with a very slow start. (Which, though I think it makes sense in retrospect, is still really frustrating.)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
This was the best ep of the season, poo poo happened and a couple of left turns I didn't see coming.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
yeah the show is actually getting decent. the key to it's success is when carrie is on the job with her squad, doing bourne poo poo and uncovering conspiracies. why the show doesn't just always do this, instead of focusing on her domestic life and the president struggling with house of cards type machinations that nobody could possibly care about, i'll never understand. sure, take one episode to set everything up. it should be non stop suspense after that. also, kill not-alex jones, he's garbage.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
This is getting fun. I like it a lot better than after the first two episodes. The spy stuff was pretty cool, I hope they do more of that.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The first few episodes of every season of this show always suck then it gets good.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Origami Dali posted:

the key to it's success is when carrie is on the job with her squad, doing bourne poo poo and uncovering conspiracies.

"Wait a second, you mean people aren't interested in daycare pick-up and drop-off subplots?"

-ShowTime writer's room

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah I wish Franny died with Quinn last season.

I’m kinda hoping Franny is just a cat and Carrie delusionally believes she is her love child from Brodie... Series finally wil reveal carrie as a 200lb schizophrenic living under a bridge... it was all in her head.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Turns out that Wellington was King Ecbert of Wessex this whole time.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Dingleberry posted:

I’m kinda hoping Franny is just a cat and Carrie delusionally believes she is her love child from Brodie... Series finally wil reveal carrie as a 200lb schizophrenic living under a bridge... it was all in her head.

:lost:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Carrie’s Late Night Goon Squad rides again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Another good ep with some twists

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

After a weak start this is getting pretty good now.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

CODChimera posted:

After a weak start this is getting pretty good now.

Definitely has picked up.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

InfiniteZero posted:

"Wait a second, you mean people aren't interested in daycare pick-up and drop-off subplots?"

-ShowTime writer's room

Even though this show in notorious for pointless family subplots I actually appreciate real life intruding on the story. After all Carrie is a capable and dangerous case officer but has no power, is almost friendless, and is spinning out of control mentally.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
How exactly did Carrie who has no job and $-30,000 to her name motivate a team of ex-operatives to be her private army?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

pigdog posted:

How exactly did Carrie who has no job and $-30,000 to her name motivate a team of ex-operatives to be her private army?

"Convinced" Dante to run an op and played the good old days card. Her private army were all on the outs because the President hates the CIA.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
This show is loving garbage now. The last good season was the fourth one. After that, it's been nothing but trying to parallel current events in the most hamfisted way imaginable. It went from crazy cool cat-and-mouse games with spys and terrorists to a plot about Alex loving Jones, fake news, and a Hillary knock off who is even worse than the real person.

Carrie and her CIA friends chasing that woman who is loving the dude from Vikings was easily the best part of this season. More of that please, and less Alex Jones bullshit. Otherwise this show is becoming late Sons of Anarchy levels of bad.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

From last week:

Last week you brought fifty thousand in cash to Hazelton West Virginia.That 50 grand was payment to murder General McClendon in prison... Now here's what you're gonna do next. You're going to get me another hundred grand...I'll be outside your house Thursday morning...I'm watching baby, I've got nothing to do but you

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 23, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Binary Logic posted:

From last week:

Last week you brought fifty thousand in cash to Hazelton West Virginia.That 50 grand was payment to murder General McClendon in prison... Now here's what you're gonna do next. You're going to get me another hundred grand...I'll be outside your house Thursday morning...I'm watching baby, I've got nothing to do but you

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think you're correct. I read that as just a ploy, they weren't seriously planning on extorting her. They just wanted proof of collusion so they could prove dirty dealings on the part of the President.

The team is made up goons both loyal to Carrie and resentful of the President. She'd been responsible for locking some of them up, right, on paranoid charges. They were among the number who'd been released along with Saul.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
they're just happy to get the band back together

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

viral spiral posted:

Otherwise this show is becoming late Sons of Anarchy levels of bad.

Sons of Anarchy levels of bad is a sacred tier very few shows have achieved.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

viral spiral posted:

This show is loving garbage now. The last good season was the fourth one. After that, it's been nothing but trying to parallel current events in the most hamfisted way imaginable. It went from crazy cool cat-and-mouse games with spys and terrorists to a plot about Alex loving Jones, fake news, and a Hillary knock off who is even worse than the real person.

Carrie and her CIA friends chasing that woman who is loving the dude from Vikings was easily the best part of this season. More of that please, and less Alex Jones bullshit. Otherwise this show is becoming late Sons of Anarchy levels of bad.

Yeah I really hated the Alex Jones stuff last season and hate that it's still ongoing. I can't believe we have scenes where CIA people are seriously discussing viral videos posted on Twitter by russian bots.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
this season is going to end w saul having carrie permanently committed and she'll have deserved it

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Origami Dali posted:

this season is going to end w saul having carrie permanently committed and she'll have deserved it

That would be an incredible end to the series - have Carrie completely wreck something due to her deteriorating mental status from not staying medicated, and the final season is everyone else picking up the pieces. It'll never happen, but it would be a fitting way to end the show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

At the very least she needs to lose the kid. Just give her to the sister already, she'll be far better off.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

CODChimera posted:

At the very least she needs to lose the kid. Just give her to the sister already, she'll be far better off.

So would we. Good god i hate child actors

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Carrie has such a sweet rear end :awesome:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

I was like 90% sure the kid was going to die when they busted into Dante's apartment

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

EugeneJ posted:

I was like 90% sure the kid was going to die when they busted into Dante's apartment

Same. Ice cold of Saul to give the go ahead knowing Franny was there and the possibility for her to catch a stray if things went sideways. Carrie's sister taking Franny is the outcome I really hope we get like, the very next episode.

Still enjoying this season a lot. I quit early in S6 and a friend convinced me to check out S7 because it's better. I plowed through 6, hated it until the last couple of episodes, and 7 seems worthwhile so far.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

They busted into the Dante's apartment prematurely, preventing him from cumming in Carrie. That woman does not need another kid with a spy.

Saul was looking out for her.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

And Carrie didn't know they were coming right? She was just about to tell Dante that she thought he was a Russian spy, what did she think was gonna happen then?

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/970461390283587585

I guess this explains the Russian plot line in Homeland; they're not even hiding it anymore.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

viral spiral posted:

I guess this explains the Russian plot line in Homeland; they're not even hiding it anymore.

They were doing Russian plot lines in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Dmitri-9 posted:

They were doing Russian plot lines in 2015.

The DoD has been manipulating Hollywood long before 2015. Your point?

• Locked thread