Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

mrfart posted:

Especially the family/bipolar stuff.

Carrie's kid serves no purpose and really bogs down the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Origami Dali posted:

the key to it's success is when carrie is on the job with her squad, doing bourne poo poo and uncovering conspiracies.

"Wait a second, you mean people aren't interested in daycare pick-up and drop-off subplots?"

-ShowTime writer's room

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vernacular posted:

The bipolar storyline must be a tough element for the writers to work with at this point in the series. You can only oscillate so much between "oh god she's not on her meds" and "oh phew she's got it under control" before it starts to feel hackneyed, which I believe it does now.

If you have any family or friends with BPD though, this can be tragically realistic. It's probably also why marriages involving one spouse with BPD have a 90% divorce rate.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm not sure why the writers are trying to make me feel sympathetic toward the president but it's not working.

I think the problem is that the writers haven't figured out the character themselves so it's hard for us to sympathize for her because even though she's been in plenty of scenes she's not fleshed out a whole lot more than say the principal at Franny's school.

• Locked thread