Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pelosi de Bundi posted:

I recommend substituting alcohol for videogames

In all honesty this is a very bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
no it's good

morally adept posted:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

morally adept posted:

shut up bitch

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

shut up bitch

no u.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've been trying to quit hearthstone for months but every time i try i cant find anything else to do and go back to it out of boredom. I really hate this game.

Good luck op

Hahaha I really liked that game when it came out, is it still super popular??? When they announced the seasons I just uninstalled it from my phone because I was spending like $50 every few months on it like an idiot retarded haha.

I have no desire to every play it again, though it was fun for a time.

Getting rage added was the best.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Also I'm getting dumber and modern games are getting too complicated for my early 30s rear end. Everything seems to require so much cognitive investment. I have not managed to beat XCOM 2 on normal difficulty after a 100 hours.

But just the same, I play a lot, and want to move on. Has anybody here successfully quit gaming?

I know that feel, man. But I still haven't managed to quit even though playing video games hurts my carpel tunnel crippled hands.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

yeah I eat rear end posted:

A lot of things and some i did enjoy but after a couple of days i always start getting agitated and think "maybe i'll enjoy it now that ive had a break" and i go back to it.

this was my pattern with weed. in AA i learned to 'think through the drink' - play out in your mind how the situation is going to play out based on how they have in the past. avoid delusion and wishful thinking. youve tried going back several times now and its not working out. if you brain ever says again 'this time its different' then you know in advance your getting bad info, so do otherwise.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I found a sega genesis 30 game box at a dollar general store and now I use it to play toe jam and earl

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I know that feel, man. But I still haven't managed to quit even though playing video games hurts my carpel tunnel crippled hands.

Use a controller

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Blue Train posted:

Use a controller

I usually do use a controller, but that also hurts my hands. (Although it hurts less than a keyboard and mouse.)

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Ocean Book posted:

this was my pattern with weed. in AA i learned to 'think through the drink' - play out in your mind how the situation is going to play out based on how they have in the past. avoid delusion and wishful thinking. youve tried going back several times now and its not working out. if you brain ever says again 'this time its different' then you know in advance your getting bad info, so do otherwise.

did u go to AA for weed?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

lol but seriously I posted:

did u go to AA for weed?

I imagine it playing out exactly like the scene in Half Baked

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 12, 2018

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I'm terrible about beating my games and I'm indecisive about which one I actually want to play. Sometimes I want an action game, sometimes I want a strategy game or an RPG, sometimes I just want to kill hordes of monsters in a Diablo clone.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
OP have you tried the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Super Grocery Kart posted:

OP have you tried the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

someone already mentioned AA

dogshitboy
Dec 8, 2017
just do it, games are poo poo

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Video games own and are v. fun.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I just play old videogames like super mario world or sonic the hedgehog 2 because I can't be bothered to learn new poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

karma_coma posted:

Hahaha I really liked that game when it came out, is it still super popular??? When they announced the seasons I just uninstalled it from my phone because I was spending like $50 every few months on it like an idiot retarded haha.

I have no desire to every play it again, though it was fun for a time.

Getting rage added was the best.

It is although i think their revenue dropped quite a bit in 2017. Don't come back, it is extremely different from what it was like back then and not in a good way. Also you would probably need to drop a hundred or probably closer to 200 to be able to make competitive decks.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey yo check this poo poo out: Somic hte Ham Hog go fast as gently caress op

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Hey yo check this poo poo out: Somic hte Ham Hog go fast as gently caress op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Play 12 hour solo games of Stellaris/ Crusader Kings/ Civ while watching documentaries.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i beat quake live

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I quit gaming for like 2 years developed a lot more skills made a ton of new friends and also lost 85lbs and became pretty fit and do sports.

I started gaming again a bit after losing my job and realized that I wasn't missing it all that much and now only do it maybe a couple hours a week, at most. I also went from playing mostly multiplayer to almost exclusively single player, except for the odd time a friend wants to PvE in Arma or something.

Once the weather goes back to being consistently warm enough that being outside won't literally kill you I'll probably stop completely again.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
just have a kid or two, you won't ever play video games again

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh and I also became a lot more aggressive almost perpetually aggravated started exhibiting more risky behavior like one time robbing another thief of a bike he'd stolen from a friend and by 'job loss' I mean I became so bitter about my lovely computer janitor job that they fired me.

So it might not be so much I quit video games as quitting video games is a side effect of serious mental illness that I should probably seek professional help for.

:shrug:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Whoa, talk about burying the lede there, joven.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
its easy to quit games, just stop smoking weed and you'll find them all really boring

edit: if you aren't blazing when you play bivdeo games just start smoking weed whenever you play video games and you will come to see this is the only way video games are meant to be played the end

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 12, 2018

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Rock Puncher posted:

its easy to quit games, just stop smoking weed and you'll find them all really boring

edit: if you aren't blazing when you play bivdeo games just start smoking weed whenever you play video games and you will come to see this is the only way video games are meant to be played the end

weed as a regular indulgence is pretty pricey man if u aren't in a legal state

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Some people will give you weed if you suck their dick.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

I'm in a state next to colorado, which is where all our weed comes from (thank you colorado, I love you) and it's pretty cheap actually. poo poo will gently caress you up. Colorado weed owns.

Before colorado made it legal all we could ever get was poo poo HOLE WEED from my favorite country otherwise, mexico.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Dude, if $50 a week is blowing your budget all I can do is lol

E. VVVV drat dude, that's either a great price or you smoke some lovely weed

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 12, 2018

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Illegal state and a quarter oz is 25 bucks :shrug:

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
A lot of games are much better stoned. Subnautica and rhythm games come to mind.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Start speedrunning

The burnout rate is insane once you stop playing games to have fun and start getting upset at yourself over every minor mistake

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

SeXReX posted:

Start speedrunning

The burnout rate is insane once you stop playing games to have fun and start getting upset at yourself over every minor mistake

Attempting the fast 4-2 for the 500th time will cause you to break all of your gaming hardware and voila, no more games for you!

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
I used to game but then i graduated and got a job and a family op

maybe try that

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cardiacarrest123 posted:

I used to game but then i graduated and got a job and a family op

yea now you are a beta cuck who has given up his hobby to please the wife, congrats I guess

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He can't even please his wife, I have to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

he sounds like a real soy boy!!!!

• Locked thread