Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some of the set design in Super Mario Bros. is classic as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Voice slowly morphing into the sound and cadence of James Lipton as I liat off movies] Raul Julia’s gripping final performance in Street Fighter.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The only video game movies I've seen are Mortal Kombat and Super Mario Bros.: The Movie

I've seen those two but also the Street Fighter movie and Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

[Voice slowly morphing into the sound and cadence of James Lipton as I liat off movies] Raul Julia’s gripping final performance in Street Fighter.

Lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The most epic jump of all time! Ah! Final Fantasy Advent Children...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Spirits Within is pretty rad but I don't know if it counts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh yeah and I saw Doom in the theater.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mortal kombat 1 is cool goofy fun, mortal kombat annihilation fuckin sucks. also my hometown was in the rear end end of nowhere so we only got the weird tapes in our video stores so ive seen like the earthworm jim cartoon all the way through and the mortal kombat cartoon thats basically just the movie but all the characters look like they do in the game and it ends just before the tournament starts. also double dragon got a cartoon movie that was all about billy and jimmy's buds learning lessons about themselves and i think like billy and jimmy could fuse into a dragon or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also we got poo poo like the siegfried and roy cartoon movie and a pog cartoon pilot that i'm like 90% sure was called saturday morning slammers and some other weird poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There's a live action Double Dragon movie too. The only thing I remember about it is the T-1000 actor is the villain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's a live action Double Dragon movie too. The only thing I remember about it is the T-1000 actor is the villain

The guy who played one of the brothers is now the chairman on Iron Chef America

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He was also in Only The Strong where he teaches capoeira to inner-city youths. And the other brother is played by Scott Wolf from Party of Five even though he's extremely white and Mark Dacascos is like three-quarters Asian.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The only video game movies I've seen are Mortal Kombat and Super Mario Bros.: The Movie

epic fail on the part of reviewers if their headlines in 1993 weren't "Movie Review: Subpar Mario. Bros"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

also we got poo poo like the siegfried and roy cartoon movie and a pog cartoon pilot that i'm like 90% sure was called saturday morning slammers and some other weird poo poo

There were so so so many unnecessary animated movies being churned out by studios in this time period. There was even one named Rover Dangerfield that was just about what it would be like if Rodney Dangerfield was a dog instead of a person. I thought I had just dreamt it up after watching Caddyshack at a sleepover or something for my whole life, up until a few days ago when I found out that it actually exists and it just about blew my drat mind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There were so so so many unnecessary animated movies being churned out by studios in this time period. There was even one named Rover Dangerfield that was just about what it would be like if Rodney Dangerfield was a dog instead of a person. I thought I had just dreamt it up after watching Caddyshack at a sleepover or something for my whole life, up until a few days ago when I found out that it actually exists and it just about blew my drat mind

That movie was on HBO a lot when I was a kid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao i just looked this up and it rules

e: forgot about this until now but rodney dangerfield had an i guess r&b single called rappin rodney right around then too thats pretty much just his standup routine over a backing beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLGxWPtgodo

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 13, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

e: forgot about this until now but rodney dangerfield had an i guess r&b single called rappin rodney right around then too thats pretty much just his standup routine over a backing beat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

awesome, im going to put this on next time we're on an 80s music binge at my house lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290962/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That was one of the best books I’ve ever read lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You should read The Bible then.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stoned watching Oblivion

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What if we take Uncle Buck star John Candy.....and make a cartoon of him running a summer camp??????

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
louis anderson had his own animated show for kids

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so good

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

That era also brought us a cartoon series based around Bob Einstein's Super Dave character

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Spoderman posted:

That era also brought us a cartoon series based around Bob Einstein's Super Dave character

lol, i looked it up and its godlike hearing bob einteins voice going yippee over and over again

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This would be a good thread for Blockbuster Video

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

This would be a good thread for Blockbuster Video

i gave up going there because the only person that posted consistently was teh yobgoblin

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Rock-a-Doodle, All Dogs Go To Heaven (1,2, and the christmas movie), An American Tail: Fievel Goes West.

AKA "Dom Deluise's VA Career".

I can't say I entirely oppose it, because at least if it was a Bluth movie it looked drat good.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Some of the set design in Super Mario Bros. is classic as well.

there's a 4k restoration in the works

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's Rampage. Topic locked.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

louis anderson had his own animated show for kids

Thinking back I don’t even understand how he fits in other than the host. Was Bobby supposed to be him or what

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

crunk dork posted:

Thinking back I don’t even understand how he fits in other than the host. Was Bobby supposed to be him or what

Bumping a month and a half old thread and that's not even the right show. Smdh

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bumping a month and a half old thread and that's not even the right show. Smdh

The iPhone app makes it look like everything is on first page!!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

crunk dork posted:

he was louis. the character in the show he was on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Louis Anderson is not Howie Mandel. Topic Locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Louis Anderson is not Howie Mandel. Topic Locked.

it blows my mind that we still have to have this conversation in 2018

• Locked thread