Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«20 »
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

To answer the question directly, no I would not like to hammer merk unless someone can counterclaim. I think its a genius claim for a scum because it forces town to either believe and keep a scum alive... or it draws out the real doc, which then paints a giant ol target on their head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

I find that spot to be in very annoying because I think it likely something merk is trying to pull off. So... I don't know. I guess if the doc can protect themselves tonight then it would be worth it to counter claim and catch scum in a lie. Otherwise doc is taking a big risk by counterclaiming.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

I think I'll take a look at Lup again, see what that's about.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

LupusAter posted:

Nope, calling bullshit. If you successfully targeted TMM it means that we would have had four nightkills. I get that the arsonist and poisoner need setup, but that feels like too big of a swing. Also means that one of those two nightkills got prevented N1, which runs contrary to your claim.

LupusAter posted:

No, I only noticed the emote when it was pointed out. And I'll admit that I thought that a successful doctoring meant stopping a kill, so all of that train of thought is worthless. I still don't like merk's play this game.

This does read a bit weird to me. Merk did type "targeted" vice "doctor" so I'm not sure about how Lup got the conclusion Lup came to, but I think I could see it as a mistake and not necessarily a slip.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

Why won't he die?

Dick Bastardly posted:

This does read a bit weird to me. Merk did type "targeted" vice "doctor" so I'm not sure about how Lup got the conclusion Lup came to, but I think I could see it as a mistake and not necessarily a slip.

I see what you're seeing there.

Tolly Totes
Oct 11, 2016

I love getting up early. There's a certain freshness to the air and the wildlife is much more active.

This is tough.

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

Tough.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

People are ignorant. They'll feel better as long as someone is punished.

Tough as.

Tolly Totes
Oct 11, 2016

I love getting up early. There's a certain freshness to the air and the wildlife is much more active.

merk posted:

Tough.

Why did being called an idiot upset you so much?

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

Tolly Totes posted:

Why did being called an idiot upset you so much?

I joined mafia to be a better attorney. That argument style doesnít work in my field. Itís boring.

Tolly Totes
Oct 11, 2016

I just donít get why youíre so put off by somebody being rude or dismissive when youíve taken a similar tone. What specifically bothers you about that so much that you shut down?

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

Tolly Totes posted:

I just donít get why youíre so put off by somebody being rude or dismissive when youíve taken a similar tone. What specifically bothers you about that so much that you shut down?

Itís the lowest form of discussion. I never throw that poo poo out.

Tolly Totes
Oct 11, 2016

What's the distinction to you though?

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolly Totes
Oct 11, 2016

Like what is the difference between things you're ok with and the "lowest form of discussion"

Clearly being called an idiot is over that line, but I don't really understand why

«20 »