Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

In a remote village run by a gang of Yakuza, a wandering Samurai comes to town, looking for trouble.

Welcome to Wandering Samurai Mafia, a closed setup game for 16 players.

The Samurai film is probably one of my favorite film genres and is what got me into film production to begin with, so I wanted to make a game based off of them. Expect a lot of Cho-Han games, long stare downs, and severed limbs. There will be no strange rules or roles in this game. I know I have a nasty reputation for lying about this, but cross my heart, I’m not lying this time.

Discord may be required

Standard Mafia Rules Apply

On top of this:

1. Be cool to each other. Remember that people may be lying to you in this game. Ask yourself “am I an rear end in a top hat for saying this?” If you have to ask, the answer is probably to re-think what you are about to say. We’re all in this to have fun, hopefully. Will prod players if things seem to be getting out of hand.
2. Do not share any mod communication with the thread or others. Summarization is ok, copy and pasting, flavor comparing, etc. are right out, and will earn you a warning or mod kill
3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON’T LURK. If you feel like you may have bit off more than you can chew, or just can’t commit to the game, don’t worry! Just let me know and we’ll work something out. I’d always rather replace than kill, but in general do not expect replacements past day 1, since this game is too small to bring people in past that. Borrowing from Podima, if you do not post at least 10 game worthy posts within a day, you will be put on notice (waived if someone is hammered more than 2 hours before deadline.) If you fail to meet this threshold a second time, you will become freely lunchable, and the town will be able to lunch you without ending the day (flips will still happen at end of day.)
4. Feel free to post one (go team) post after death but no posting after that. The dead are dead, and generally do not speak.

Player List:
  1. Asphyxious
  2. CCKeane
  3. Dick Bastardly
  4. EccoRaven
  5. got some chores tonight
  6. LupusAter
  7. merk
  8. Moatillata
  9. Monathin
  10. Murmur Twin
  11. Pinterest Mom AA
  12. Retro Futurist
  13. TMMadman
  14. Tobbs Gnawed
  15. Tolly Totes
  16. Xad

Replacements:
  1. AA
  2. Hal

OK lets see if this can happen.

Max fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is so obnoxiously my jam.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Is this an ok game for a new player?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While everyone else played mafia, I studied the blade.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tolly Totes posted:

Is this an ok game for a new player?

Absolutely! This setup is a deviation from my standard overly complex ones, in that it's pretty straightforward.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

How can you have a wandering samurai game without a legendary mercenary? I'm in.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Ok I'll sign up if you spell my name right ;)

E: oh i don't have platinum though, is that necessary?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tolly Totes posted:

Whoops!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tolly Totes posted:

E: oh i don't have platinum though, is that necessary?

Oh I should have mentioned this. As long as you have a way to communicate. Discord may be necissary, so if you're on there that is all that is really required.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Max posted:

Oh I should have mentioned this. As long as you have a way to communicate. Discord may be necissary, so if you're on there that is all that is really required.

Ok I've made a discord account, how do I get in contact with you from here?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tolly Totes posted:

Friend me on Discord at: Max#6138

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tolly Totes posted:

First, you must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

TMMadman posted:

First, you must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon.

The initiation process around here is intense! Is it you? Are you the Jade Monkey?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

How can you have a wandering samurai game without a legendary mercenary? I'm in.

Are woodland wizards welcome?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hai

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Are woodland wizards welcome?

Of course!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
join

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In as a ronin replacement should you need it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Moatillata wanders into the thread

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Moat

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
my mind is telling me NOoo

but my body.... my body is tellin me yeAAaahHHHAA

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

##vote Moat

Given my streak lately that is prob a safe bet

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Welp, I'm in.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

LupusAter posted:

Welp, I'm in.

Welcome!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here to be the most amazing replacement if you need one. Until then I will hang my head in shame as a mafia ronin

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Sign me the gently caress up!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

While everyone else played mafia, I studied the blade.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello and welcome!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello im rebecco the ecco

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'll play this but only if I get to slay some baka gaijins with my glorious nippon steel.

Also because maybe I need to play a game where I can't argue about flavor :v:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Woo, we're full.

I'll get things ready and hopefully have PM's and the like sent out tonight.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
make me scum with ecco and pmom and a baby also im not going to post day 1 see you guys day 2

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you don’t post day 1, I’m replacing you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In fact, I'm just going to post this to get this bit of business out of the way.

After the way my last game I ran went (Contact) I am done beating around the bush with this. I understand life happens and things come up, and that burn out is a thing. If you really feel like you won't be able to commit to this game after it started, that's perfectly fine. Just let me know up front and it's seriously not a big deal, I'll find a way to handle it.

But if I see any indication that you aren't going to participate and just take up a spot that someone else could be using within the first 24 hours, I'm going to replace you without warning. That includes being cheeky and posting at the very last possible moment to avoid this. If you communicate that something is coming up before hand, that's fine, but radio silence will be met with a swift replacement.

Cool, that's the only aggressive thing I have to say. I hope we all have a wonderful time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, role PM's are going out now. Closing the thread temporarily until those are done. Will open with the start of the day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There is a bustling crowd in the local bar, all surrounding the Cho-Han table. As the dealer throws the dice into the cup and slams it down, a scream comes out from the back.

"It's Shiro, he's dead!"

Everyone runs out back. They find Shiro, one of the new members of the Yakuza family, laying dead in a puddle of his own blood, seemingly stabbed repeatedly. His face is frozen in a look of drunken shock.

No one really knew him very well. But hey, he was family, and now it looks like the Yakuza have an outsider problem. And by the looks of it, they know how to use a blade. You all know it's time to root out swordsmen amongst you, less you all fall to their deadly, flashing steel.

Sample VT Role PM posted:

You are a Yakuza (Town) Goon. Being on the bottom of the totem pole within your organization, all you really have is your loyalty to your brothers, and your vote. You win when all threats to the Yakuza have been eliminated.

It is now Day 1. Deadline is Thursday, February 15th at 10PM, EST. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now that the game is officially open, we should ##vote Moat

Just remember: it rhymes!

• Locked thread