Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

##vote merk

And with this I'm off to bed. Saw nothing that changed my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

TMMadman posted:

We don't actually know that merk is the doc, so why would any player who knows their own alignment lay down and die before voting someone they think is scum, regardless of their claim?

Wouldn’t use case someone else, that you actually thought was scum, instead of just throwing an incredibly weak nonsense case on the next guy with as many votes? Especially if that guy had an uncontested PR?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd also like to point out that Asphyxious also keeps barely sneaking over the lurker line by making ~12 posts per game day.

In votefinder, he has 25 games played and an average of 148 posts per game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

He did the same exact thing on D1. Remember, when he was asked during a 3 way tie to make a vote between MMT/merk/Ecco, he choose Ecco and then today, he was all prepared to vote merk and did but then immediately removed it when merk claimed mere minutes later.

So the only thing holding him back right now is merks claim. It's fishy as hell imo and now I'm wondering if my original theory of merk is scum and someone had to pump the vote away from him is the correct one.

It’s also going back and re-reading Merk, he comes across at least a bit genuine. You’re overly theatrical and trying wayyyy too hard to sell.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

Wouldn’t use case someone else, that you actually thought was scum, instead of just throwing an incredibly weak nonsense case on the next guy with as many votes? Especially if that guy had an uncontested PR?

This makes no sense, Xad has been calling merk scum since D1.

You are saying that Xad should vote someone else just because merk has claimed doctor even though Xad himself would likely be the one lynched. That's madness.

Besides which, I'm not sure I see a situation in which both Xad and merk are scum. Does anyone else think it's possible?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 3

Xad (5): merk, merk, merk, merk, merk, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious
merk (4): Xad, LupusAter, Monathin, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Monathin, Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Xad, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter
Tobbs Gnawed (1): TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman
Tolly Totes (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
LupusAter (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin
TMMadman (0): Tobbs Gnawed, merk, merk, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, merk, merk
Asphyxious (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 42 minutes.

For posterity

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did Xad claim?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I'd also like to point out that Asphyxious also keeps barely sneaking over the lurker line by making ~12 posts per game day.

In votefinder, he has 25 games played and an average of 148 posts per game.

I’m taking this one a little easier. I like to shake up my meta.

Absolutely gobsmacked to see you’re reaching yet again. Truly shocking.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Did Xad claim?

No it doesn't look like it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

I’m taking this one a little easier. I like to shake up my meta.

Absolutely gobsmacked to see you’re reaching yet again. Truly shocking.

Hey Tobbs, have you ever seen me say something like this before? :raise:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

This makes no sense, Xad has been calling merk scum since D1.

You are saying that Xad should vote someone else just because merk has claimed doctor even though Xad himself would likely be the one lynched. That's madness.

Besides which, I'm not sure I see a situation in which both Xad and merk are scum. Does anyone else think it's possible?

I don’t think anyone is claiming that. Also I’m suspicious of like 75% of the people on the Merk vote right now, further cementing my opinion that it’s a dodgy vote.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There's an hour and a half left till deadline. I'll do the doing if it goes to the wire.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

I don’t think anyone is claiming that. Also I’m suspicious of like 75% of the people on the Merk vote right now, further cementing my opinion that it’s a dodgy vote.

2 of the 4 people on merk right now are almost certainly town. Tolly and Lupus.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

2 of the 4 people on merk right now are almost certainly town. Tolly and Lupus.

Lol okay.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Hey Tobbs, have you ever seen me say something like this before? :raise:

You're playing your town game pretty clearly TMM.

Meta cases suck, though. The past few games I've played all the meta reasons I had for voting people were wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Meta cases suck, though. The past few games I've played all the meta reasons I had for voting people were wrong.

I'm not saying it's a meta case, I'm saying that kind of response from Gaspy is the same kind of thing I, and many other people, say when they are called out for playing differently as scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I'm not saying it's a meta case, I'm saying that kind of response from Gaspy is the same kind of thing I, and many other people, say when they are called out for playing differently as scum.

Like I don't consider it a meta case simply because saying 'I'm trying to change my game!' when pushed about how they are playing a game is a classic scum response.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Bravo. I’m however both town and speaking plainly, so unless you’re getting paid to bark up the wrong tree your efforts are better spent elsewhere.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, if you think I'm playing my town game, then you should recognize that I am doing exactly what I did in the Shine Soldiers game which is divide players into groups in order to narrow down the places where scum can hide. That is what I did with my vote analysis and why I also think you aren't town this game.

It's kind of why I'm really torn here because I think both lynch candidates will help define the day even more but only because I don't believe both of them can be town and I'd really prefer to lynch the scum.

Well, frankly, I'd prefer to lynch the presumed SK (that's you :)) because it gives town the better odds going forward to get rid of a NK, but nobody seems to want to do it today and that means I'm almost certainly going to die tonight.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Also, if you think I'm playing my town game, then you should recognize that I am doing exactly what I did in the Shine Soldiers game which is divide players into groups in order to narrow down the places where scum can hide. That is what I did with my vote analysis and why I also think you aren't town this game.

It's kind of why I'm really torn here because I think both lynch candidates will help define the day even more but only because I don't believe both of them can be town and I'd really prefer to lynch the scum.

Well, frankly, I'd prefer to lynch the presumed SK (that's you :)) because it gives town the better odds going forward to get rid of a NK, but nobody seems to want to do it today and that means I'm almost certainly going to die tonight.

I honestly don't get why you think I'm the SK. I'd have gone against MMT, who was pretty clearly scum, a lot less lightly if that were the case. Coming out strong against scum is a great way to get night-killed (see chores and Moat).

As for Gaspy, I've also gone through times where I felt like I wanted to change up my meta. At the same time, I've used that exact excuse as scum and gotten out of lynches for it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m clearly not in any danger of getting lunched so it’s a smidge early to think I’m busting out excuses.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I honestly don't get why you think I'm the SK. I'd have gone against MMT, who was pretty clearly scum, a lot less lightly if that were the case. Coming out strong against scum is a great way to get night-killed (see chores and Moat).

As for Gaspy, I've also gone through times where I felt like I wanted to change up my meta. At the same time, I've used that exact excuse as scum and gotten out of lynches for it.

I mean it's also possible that you are scum with one of Monathin/DB/AA.

But as I've said several times before, you do not feel like a normal town Tobbs right now. You don't really seem to care where the vote goes and you aren't actually pushing any cases. Sure, you have made a few cases, but then you don't actually do anything to get people to try to vote for them.

And the SK still has to hunt scum, so once again saying that you were pushing a scum MMT does nothing to sway me. Moat was almost certainly assumed to the cop on D2, but that doesn't matter anyway since he was poisoned on D1. And we don't know what's going on with chores. If scum have a rolecop and used it on chores to find out he was the doctor, then even if they did know you could be the SK they still would be better off killing chores since you have a higher likelihood of killing town just by sheer numbers on that day.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
TMM what do you make of Merk's claim that he tried to protect you two nights in a row?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tolly Totes posted:

TMM what do you make of Merk's claim that he tried to protect you two nights in a row?

Yeah, that's part of the problem I have with merk too. I just don't get it.

I mean I can somewhat understand the choice to try to protect me on N1. I don't think I was the towniest person around, but the person who hammers in that situation is likely to be town, so it's not an usual choice.

However, after getting blocked on N1, I'm not sure I'd bother trying to target that player again, especially as a doctor. If you think that the person you tried to target might have been the reason your action failed, then why target that person again as the doctor? It feels like wasting a chance to protect someone else who could be town. Now, I know merk was gone for pretty much all of D2, but he did have an extra 24 hours to turn in his action, so I feel like he could and should have read at least the last few pages before the hammer. If he had done that then I definitely don't understand why he'd target me on N2 because several people had called me scummy shortly before the hammer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, that's part of the problem I have with merk too. I just don't get it.

I mean I can somewhat understand the choice to try to protect me on N1. I don't think I was the towniest person around, but the person who hammers in that situation is likely to be town, so it's not an usual choice.

However, after getting blocked on N1, I'm not sure I'd bother trying to target that player again, especially as a doctor. If you think that the person you tried to target might have been the reason your action failed, then why target that person again as the doctor? It feels like wasting a chance to protect someone else who could be town. Now, I know merk was gone for pretty much all of D2, but he did have an extra 24 hours to turn in his action, so I feel like he could and should have read at least the last few pages before the hammer. If he had done that then I definitely don't understand why he'd target me on N2 because several people had called me scummy shortly before the hammer.

Mafia edit -

But having said all that, it could also be that a town merk just really didn't have the time or ability to pay attention during that weekend and when he did finally see that the day was over, he just resubmitted the same action since it failed on N1.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

20 minutes to go, someone hammer before Madman drives himself insane with WIFOM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the thing bothering me about merks claim is that there has been jailer that is flipped.

Now since I was blocked on N2, I don't know if it was from the jailer or a possible scum roleblocker.

If it's the jailer, then merk can't have targeted me on N2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think I actually am going to go with ##vote merk

Thinking about it more, I really think that RF jailed me which means merk has to be lying about targeting me successfully on N2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 3

Xad (5): merk, merk, merk, merk, merk, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious
merk (5): Xad, LupusAter, Monathin, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Monathin, Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Xad, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, TMMadman
Tobbs Gnawed (0): TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 18 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Welp.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi everyone

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Still flipping town here.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
One of you is scum.

I hope it's merk.

##vote merk

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

merk (6): Xad, LupusAter, Monathin, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Monathin, Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Xad, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed
Xad (4): merk, merk, merk, merk, merk, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Everyone was able to post enough! I don't think I'll continue counting since it seems to not be an issue.

Fearing the unknown, the entire Yakuza came up with a plan to combat the threat of the Samurai. No one was allowed to leave the town square, until they had determined who among them was in fact a long Ronin, who had disturbed so much of what they held dear.

Fingers were pointed, knives drawn, and sheathed, until finally, the crowd formed a circle around merk, leaving him alone.

He saw the writing on the wall, and and went to his knees before the bloodthirsty crowd.

"If you're going to do it-" was all he was able to get out, before Tobbs ran up to him, knife drawn, and plunged the pointed tip deep into merk's throat.

He was gone in less than a minute.

merk, Kiyoshi Takayama, Yakuza (Town) Doctor, was killed by the gang Day 3.

Night actions! You have 24 hours! Good luck!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The brutalizing of their beloved doctor shook the rest of the Yakuza to their core. Bereft of the leader, and down two of their longtime, loyal lieutenants, the entire gang could feel the circle closing in on them as hungry blades silently hunted them, picking all of them off one by one.
Most people went home in groups, desperately hoping that their combined numbers would be able to withstand a direct attack from one of the skilled samurai amongst them.

TMM had other plans. Slipping off behind an alley, TMM waited to see if his target would go anywhere of import. The wind blew past him. A windchime rang. And suddenly

TMM, Tokutaro Takayama, Yakuza (Town) Tracker was run through with a sword on Night 3

No one would find him until morning.

They were too busy dealing with another murder. One everyone in town heard, once again. A loud pop, and another body with a hole punched through their head. What was causing this?

TobbsGnawed, Sanshuro Kuwabakate, Samurai (Scum) Roleblocker was shot in the head Night 3

It is now Day 4. I don’t want deadline to be on a Saturday, so it will go until Sunday night at 10PM EST in this case. Feel free to end the day early, however, if you feel that is too long.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost:

Sorry merk.

Go town!

:ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????