Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
My car travels straight to "Boner Town" there is room for both of you inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I have a better question, OP: what if you made a funny post for once?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Dolphin posted:

New physics problem: if one car is traveling Northeast at 5mph, and another is traveling Southwest at 23mph what time do they collide and are there any survives

You forgot about the lever you can pull to redirect the car into OP.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
i like physics problems, but i feel like you're having a laugh.

Khorne posted:

You're never moving at all. Every object, including the world, is moving around you.

Your wife is driving 10MPH forward and the earth is moving 70MPH backward. When the car disappears, you'd remain motionless. Unfortunately, the earth is still moving backward and would feed you pavement at 70MPH.
im a big fan of the phrase "the earth will feed you pavement at 70 mph"

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

When you jump you instantly lose all of your momentum OP, that's why whenever both feet leave the ground you slam into the wall at 1000 mph as the Earth rotates underneath you

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
I felt like I was getting what you're all saying, but after reconsidering it I stand with my original point of view: You would tumble forwards, which means away from the car in the opposite direction. Your body has it's own momentum independent of the car. Simple as that, don't need pontification from GBS's finest.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gay Weed Dad posted:

My car travels straight to "Boner Town" there is room for both of you inside

I’m the mayor of bonertown! I take the trolley. :tipshat:

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
i jumped off the back of a golf cart and tried running when i hit the ground in the opposite direction and immediately fell backwards and slammed my head on the ground, this also explains my posting

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

zeno's paradox proved it's impossible to travel op, you and your wife are both empty-headed children.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
OP is obviously bullshitting, but anyway they pretty much did this on Mythbusters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuI118nhzc

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Gregslo posted:

You would continue moving in the direction of the car at 70 mph while your wife drives off to gently caress a smarter man.

and

Dolphin posted:

Your wife seems nice, I don't think I could marry a mentally retarded person.

and

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Emptyquote this post if you support re-permabanning the OP

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
you would go forward 70 mph and loving die or end up horribly retarded like Literally A Person's recent threads

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 12, 2018

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

communist kangaroo posted:

i jumped off the back of a golf cart and tried running when i hit the ground in the opposite direction and immediately fell backwards and slammed my head on the ground, this also explains my posting

You're supposed to tuck and roll my dude.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

This thread is so bad I feel like at the end op will reveal he's a ghost and his wife is pregnant with a ghost baby

The_end
May 17, 2014
How does the car disappear?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The_end posted:

It's a ghost car.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

The_end posted:

don't get hung up on the """details""", newbie

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
I think you're half right op, your legs and hip would tear off and travel forward but your torso would go backwards

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PTSDeedly Do posted:

80-10= 69 mph

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

That last mile is the devils mile

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah OP, and by this same logic all you have to do to safely exit a moving vehicle is step out of it while walking 0 mph and you will end up just standing still no matter how fast it was going

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Free Cheese posted:

I think you're half right op, your legs and hip would tear off and travel forward but your torso would go backwards
In time??

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah OP, and by this same logic all you have to do to safely exit a moving vehicle is step out of it while walking 0 mph and you will end up just standing still no matter how fast it was going

No. Car is moving in a vertical line, and then my body would be moving horizontally if I went out the car door. I'm "cheating" by walking off the car in a straight line which is what I don't understand, or maybe you don't understand.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

immortal anime posted:

No. Car is moving in a vertical line, and then my body would be moving horizontally if I went out the car door. I'm "cheating" by walking off the car in a straight line which is what I don't understand, or maybe you don't understand.

What kind of car drives up?

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

Dolphin posted:

In time??

Fuckin duh

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

I increase my speed to 11 mph backwards, the car disappears and I go 69 mph forward, saying "nice" before I die.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Who What Now posted:

What kind of car drives up?

Have you heard of Elon Musk, the messiah!? Let me tell you all about his rocket car!

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Either you're hilariously bad at trolling or hilariously stupid.

Either way it's p funny

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Please post pictures of your wife

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why would you be walking on the roof of a car? Do you have magnet shoes or something?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
lol it's so funny how OP is pretending to be dumber than he/she really is and baiting GBS into being mean and pedantic

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hey OP what happens if you throw a ball straight up in a car going at 80mph? It goes up and down fine and doesn't smack you in the face right? That's because the ball(and everything else in the car) is also travelling at 80mph.

EDIT: Here's someone explaining how this works, you probably learned this in high school https://www.quora.com/Why-can-I-jump-in-the-airplane-cabin-without-flying-to-the-back-of-the-plane

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 13, 2018

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever the correct answer is under no circumstances should you ever EVER consider telling your wife that she was right.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

what is the name of THE MAN you married op lmfao

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
u will travel in the same direction as the car and at the same velocity(minus how ever fast ur walking backwards) until wind resistance and gravity cause u to hit the ground

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
What if I shot something not super fast out the back of the car, like an arrow or a major league baseball pitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Physics Problem Wife is a show I would watch

• Locked thread