Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your wife seems nice, I don't think I could marry a mentally retarded person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Emptyquote this post if you support re-permabanning the OP

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
try this op: stuff yourself down into a canon, then stuff that canon facing the opposite direction down into another canon. then fire both simultaneously

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

immortal anime posted:

Wait, even if it was uphill when you landed you would still go backwards (towards the car?)
Are you going North or South at the time?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you have an elevator in your house OP

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if you jump from a plane without a parachute but then jump really fast just as you hit the ground

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

immortal anime posted:

Thank you. This is actually starting to make sense. I have another physics problem, but a lot of the people in this thread are being mean and I'm kind of too scared to ask it now. Again, thank you.
There are no stupid questions

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

immortal anime posted:

Bonus Problem: Basically I was thinking about how a bullet can slice through anything, like wood and steel. Then I was thinking about how karate masters can chop through wood without being injured. I think, like the bullet, it has to do with speed-therefore, if I went fast enough, we can just say "speed x" could I travel through a wooden barn without being hurt? Or even faster, maybe a brick wall? How fast do I need to go to be able to break through things, basically. See what I'm getting at?

e:in addition, i understand maybe my skin would tear open or something--but maybe if i wore an injury proof latex suit or whatever--but maybe i dont need to if I'm going fast enough
the math is complicated, but i think if we stuffed you into a cannon and shot you at the wall at point blank range it would do the trick

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Only one way to find out, chief
experimentation really is the only way in these scenarios. like how do you see if a full grown man is strong enough to stop a lathe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzPfzLeDa0

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New physics problem: if one car is traveling Northeast at 5mph, and another is traveling Southwest at 23mph what time do they collide and are there any survives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Free Cheese posted:

I think you're half right op, your legs and hip would tear off and travel forward but your torso would go backwards
In time??

• Locked thread