Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will you be alive in 2061
alive
dead
we are all dead because the human race has been wiped out
View Results

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kuato posted:

Murder suicide is problematic. What if you kill them then decide maybe life not so bad? Or vice versa. Makes u think

Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Blue Train posted:

I barely want to be alive for tomorrow

look at this motherfucker bragging about his will to live

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

watch my mark twain satan clip, halley's comet is amazing, gently caress

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 13, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i plan to take elon musks space rocket tour to go see the comet sooner than 2061

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dolphin posted:

except for that whole kool-aid ordeal

I like to think we're better of without occultists that are so weak-willed they'd drink poison to take a shortcut to the gates of heaven on a comet.

Call me crazy, but we'd be further ahead if those quiverfull people in the south believed the only way to cleanse your body for soul ejection on some random sabbath before yet another bullshit apocalypse claim is to drink a gallon of gas each, and that apocalypse could be this sunday.

Hail satan, hope I'm dead before my 70s.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

those quiverfull people in the south

haha

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

unpleasantly turgid posted:

yes if i don't kill myself by then

Well balls, now I feel bad for a shitpost I quoted you on in another thread....literally moments ago. I'd take it back if I could but my poo poo sticks.

If you need a friend to look at the comet and be unimpressed with, I'm in.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Theoretically. Given the longevity of my grandparents maybe its in the cards. They grew up in a better time and got a hold of their vices early though. Maybe though. I will definitely be old enough that either i wont care or the dementia will make me not care.

Drugs might kill me before middle age. Before 30 maybe. Hmm do i actually wanna see this thing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

63, so probably. I can just watch video of it at any time on the Internet though, so what's the point?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Dolphin posted:

except for that whole kool-aid ordeal

No that made it amazing

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

With the rate my body is malfunctioning I highly doubt it. Late 70s? Not likely.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
My dog went missing during the last passing and the comet is the only place I didn't look.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll be 84 so probably not, but I was a huge astronomy nerd as a kid and saw it the last time around so no big.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
just LOL if you think the human race will be around past 2050

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

just LOL if you think the human race will be around past 2050

On that quiet night, as life slowly crept into city centers and winds whistled through empty streets nobody looked up to see a passing haleys comet, and it was good.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So much has changed since the 1980s. When Halley's Comet returns it may no longer self identify as a comet. It's entirely possible we won't be able to see anything, even on a clear night.

Unless it needs a restroom break, then apparently all hell will break loose.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why should i care about an irl comet where i can just put on a vr headset and watch or maybe even fly on one in 4k

i mean you cant even say your gaining much by seeing the real thing since a comets tail is like the universal equivalent of underwear smears

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
we're all probably gonna be nuked in the next 2-3 years so i'm guessing no

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BONE DOG posted:

the celestial visitor is expected to be visible from earth in the year 2061. That's in forty three years. I will be 75 years old and I plan to live at least that long. I really want to see it because it's a pretty cool thing and the history of people losing their poo poo over it is pretty funny.

I'll be :siren:69:siren:

But no, probably dead.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

lmaooooooo

nice

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'll be 73. I hope to look up at the comet from the top of my castle, then yell down at my servants "Look to the skies, the omen I predicted appears! Prepare for another hundred years of my joyous monarchy!"

This is of course assuming I survive the Great Mutant War of 2025 and am able to seize power in the wake of all human knowledge being destroyed.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'll be 73. I hope to look up at the comet from the top of my castle, then yell down at my servants "Look to the skies, the omen I predicted appears! Prepare for another hundred years of my joyous monarchy!"

This is of course assuming I survive the Great Mutant War of 2025 and am able to seize power in the wake of all human knowledge being destroyed.

Your realm's stability is gonna drop, so prepare for that

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

big trivia FAIL posted:

I remember seeing it the last time but i'll be 78 when it comes back so maybe?

Bulllllllshit you remember something from when you were 3

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

latinotwink1997 posted:

Bulllllllshit you remember something from when you were 3

I remember being a sperm. You don’t? :smuggo:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
A better question is will I be lucid

OB-GYN Kenobi