Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

"http://abc13.com/father-killed-at-bar-after-fight-over-german-shepherds-weight/3067801/" posted:

Beary, described as being very personable and "the greatest guy," got himself into a conversation with another bar patron during the meal.

Witnesses told police the trouble began when a man claimed his German shepherd weighed 290 pounds, a figure Beary apparently found hard to believe.

According to KTVI-TV, Beary said he couldn't see how a dog could weigh nearly as much as he did.

As Beary was leaving, the dog owner's friend allegedly called him "a fat (expletive)." When Beary turned to confront the man, asking why he would call him a name, gunshots rang out.

"A guy yelled something horrible and mean and Scott turned around and [Scott's coworker] said next thing you know, he heard four pops," said Jeana Sellenschuetter, Beary's boss at CSM Construction.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/father-fatally-shot-fight-dog-weight-article-1.3815693 posted:

"We took everything under advisement so we have time to go through everything thoroughly and to check it against the various statutes that come into play on this, not just the homicide statutes but defense statutes, self defense, stand your ground, everything that plays into that, which in this situation has certainly complicated things," McCulloch said.

McCulloch said the shooter “may end up charged at some point and he may not.” A decision could come by the end of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Thanks for links pardner. I’ll add em to the ol’ reading list

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
No way a German Shepard weighs 290. A big fat Great Dane maybe or one of those Russian bear dogs but not a German Shepard.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

speaking of insanely heavy dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZf8fYzDEY

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

No way a German Shepard weighs 290. A big fat Great Dane maybe or one of those Russian bear dogs but not a German Shepard.

Id like to see you try this in Missouri

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
wow that is a BEARY fat dog huh?!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The dog shot him.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i feel like a shepherd's legs would loving snap if its body weighed almost 300 pounds what on earth

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if that dog weighs a ounce under 290 taht fucker better get the chair

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're telling me my dog aint fat?

*shoots someone*

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The lard is my Shepherd, I shall not walk

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The guy had just buried a kid, too. JFC.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The lard is my Shepherd, I shall not walk

Holy poo poo

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
My dog can bench press 290 and if you don't believe me then you're getting a taste of tire iron, friend-o

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
isn't this a spinoff thread? i swear i read something about this in the trump thread.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Damo posted:

isn't this a spinoff thread? i swear i read something about this in the trump thread.

all threads are just reboots of previous threads

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"What do we charge sensitive drunk guys in bars with guns that shoot people with? Murder? I dont know, we'll see, lemme think about it"

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its not murder if you are standing your ground usually

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

if that dog weighs a ounce under 290 taht fucker better get the chair

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's not murder if it was provoked by vicious fighting words, such as "no way your dog is that fat"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DogonCrook posted:

"What do we charge sensitive drunk guys in bars with guns that shoot people with? Murder? I dont know, we'll see, lemme think about it"

he had his back turned in a threatening manner

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
dog walks into a bar, holding it's arm weird with blood flowing from it

"I'm looking for the man that shot my paw!" he exclaimed

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nuts n gum
Oj n toothpaste
Bars n guns

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Mnoba posted:

dog walks into a bar, holding it's arm weird with blood flowing from it

"I'm looking for the man that shot my paw!" he exclaimed

Ahahaha

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Beary allegedly made a comment about his own weight being 325 pounds and he couldn’t imagine a dog that size.

The dog owner soon left, along with the gunman.

The gunman returned a few minutes later and Leavy says he appeared agitated and “didn’t seem the same,” he told the Post-Dispatch.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
LOL America sucks, imagine getting killed over this kind of pointless bullshit.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe he though the guy said "your hog ain't fat"

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

ubachung posted:

LOL America sucks, imagine getting killed over this kind of pointless bullshit.

he's 43 and still goes to a bar, the world will move on

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I expended the energy to click into this thread because I wanted to see a picture of a really fat dog. where the gently caress is my picture OP!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mnoba posted:

he's 43 and still goes to a bar, the world will move on

Wtf does that even mean? A good bar is a community center.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"You callin' fat pete a LIAR you fat gently caress?"

No it just seems improbable, look man I just wanted to get some ribs and a bee-

*pow pow*

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Killed over a fat bitch at a bar. The more things change the more they stay the same really.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Thread owes us a really fat dog

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Kids, your dad is dead because he found it hard to believe a german shepherd weighed as much as him and said as much. The man who shot him was set free after 24 hours because no one pressed charges.

That's real life in the Beary household right now. For his three children.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

tardwrangler posted:

Thread owes us a really fat dog

Seriously ban OP if we don't see this fucken dog

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
When Helen died, I lost everything. Until that dog arrived on my doorstep... A fat gift from my wife... In that moment, I received some semblance of hope... an opportunity to grieve unalone... And you, you fat gently caress... took that from me.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
this is the most pointless death i could imagine. . . holy gently caress.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Don't want to be shot over a dog at some bar? Stay home and have a barq's!

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Seriously ban OP if we don't see this fucken dog

Men have died for less or at least exactly the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS