Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

A MIRACLE posted:

I moved into a tiny studio apartment (less than 400sqft) in Silver Lake that I think has a lot of potential. It’s a single story with an attic / loft that spans the length of the unit. There are two skylights up there and its unfinished. I’ll post photos later. There doesn’t appear to be any leaks or pest problems. Well I found a tiny silverfish in my cardboard storage but that was it. The main issue is a thick layer of dust covering every surface. So I’m wondering how to clean up a lot of dust and make it clean enough to start finishing part of the attic. I’ll probably use a tapestry or something to cordon off the storage area and put down cheap carpeting and some loungey floor seating with a movie/gaming area that would be suitable for napping and stuff.

If there's a lot of dust, wear a mask and use a vacuum as your first line of defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What are this thread's opinions on air purifiers? I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't know how actually necessary they are.

My apartment only has windows on one side, and in winter we don't open the windows because I live in a state with hard winters. As a result, I'm worried about air quality and keeping the air feeling fresh.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I never had much luck cleaning with just vinegar. I am tiny and have dainty arms and not enough elbow grease to do much damage.

--

I cleaned my car this weekend. It was extremely satisfying, since Ive never done it so intensely before (except for the time I accidentally infested my car with spiders).

I purchased a small cordless vacuum on a lunch break to be able to suck away remnants of hair and dirt and crumbs for the floor and folds of the car seats. I wiped down the dashboard and surfaces with Lysol wipes. I filled a grocery bag of garbage and a cloth bag of items to bring up to the apartment.

I need to do this more regularly. How often does the average person clean their car? Any neat details to car cleaning that should not be overlooked?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Big City Drinkin posted:

I would be leery of Lysol wipes or anything not designed for a car interior on plastics because you don't want something that will accelerate UV damage/discoloration.

Yikes! I didn't even think about that.
My dad would always just wipe the car dust off with his bare hand every once in a while, so cleaning common sense doesn't come naturally.

Bookmarked. Once warmer weather rolls back around, my car will be cared for the way that it deserves. Thank you!

• Locked thread