Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Ok I've got a tip that works like MAGIC.
If you get ink - ballpoint pen, PERMANENT marker, some felt pens, etc. on fabric or upholstery liberally douse the area with rubbing alcohol and immediately gently blot or " catch" the runoff/liquid in a rag.
The alcohol will lift the ink up and put it in suspension so you can whisk it away.
I have personally done this many times, it works.
Rubbing alcohol will usually not leave a mark and ink always does.

This trick will also work on countertops etc. If its ink, go for the rubbing alcohol.

Spilled jelly, jam, or syrup stains---pour super hot water from a height onto it then blot. Works well.

Feces or vomit (acid) liberally douse [think FLOOD] with club soda and blot. It will pull it up. Overall you can get carpet wetter than you think. If you don't have club soda go get some. Half an hour wait is going to do a lot less harm than using the wrong product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

The "clean often clean quick" thing comes in handy with random poo poo, too - I'm a huge pothead but all of our glass is squeaky-clean, because I spend like 10 minutes once a week running everything through some iso alcohol and hot water in the kitchens sink.

Anybody have any tips on getting old stains out of that lovely nylon Berber carpet? Our whole place has got it, and there's a few old food and cat vomit discolorations I'd love to get cleared up.

e: we rent otherwise I'd have pulled that ugly-rear end crap up and put in hardwood or something years ago.

You can try the club soda on the cat vomit BUT if they have already been shampooed no dice.

• Locked thread