Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

And yet, Olympic hero Kurt Angle was immediately "doofus heel."

Angle was a few years out of the spotlight, had he taken their offer in 96 there's no way he'd have come in as a heel. Just look at the initial Mark Henry push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Didn't Angle come in with a huge face push and then they switched directions like three weeks after his debut?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Timby posted:

Didn't Angle come in with a huge face push and then they switched directions like three weeks after his debut?

rewatch his debut match, like halfway through he stomps out of the ring and yells at the audience for not cheering for him

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Timby posted:

That's the way I remember it. In one of his first matches (might have been a dark match), he cut a promo mid-match chastising the crowd for booing him, so they ran with it and turned him heel.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

rewatch his debut match, like halfway through he stomps out of the ring and yells at the audience for not cheering for him

Also, the Angle Slam was presented as a weaksauce finisher that barely got a three-count on Shawn Stasiak.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, the Angle Slam was presented as a weaksauce finisher that barely got a three-count on Shawn Stasiak.

Angle was always awful at protecting his own moves

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
They should get rid of Smackdown altogether. Its too much to follow two big shows. Make NXT the alt show amd drop the pretense of it being developmental.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they ought to release about 80 people from contracts ranging from the main roster to nxt to the performance center, only run raw and one trivial fun show, delete their facebook, start going to the gym,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Swann is officially gone now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/964198124075053057

Release emphasizes that it was a mutual agreement, so I have to assume he just wasn't gonna get back on TV for the rest of his contract for obvious reasons, asked for his release and got it.

He got a "wishes him all the best" when Enzo didn't. :v:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They should just give everything to Gedo

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Aphrodite posted:

The way it's worded makes me think it's similar to the time they released Daniel Bryan: they couldn't bring him back right away without looking bad so maybe he'll just do some time on the indies and show up again down the line if 205 is still a thing by then

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/964198124075053057

Release emphasizes that it was a mutual agreement, so I have to assume he just wasn't gonna get back on TV for the rest of his contract for obvious reasons, asked for his release and got it.

He got a "wishes him all the best" when Enzo didn't. :v:

hey you know how neville is still under contract

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

Yeah, but that's different.

Neville is being punished for being unhappy and walking out, while all Swann did was probably assault his wife.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

Frozen contract, too! WWE is bad and is full of bad people.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

How would you sum up Dolph's character? Someone who's here to show the world?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

things are exactly what they seem

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Destroy My Sweater posted:

A less talented, more bitter Jeff Jarrett

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i member https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9G97pDYmGA

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Tato posted:

A less talented, more bitter Jeff Jarrett
this probably belongs in the questions thread but was jeff jarrett ever actually good at anything besides saying slap nuts?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

wyoak posted:

this probably belongs in the questions thread but was jeff jarrett ever actually good at anything besides saying slap nuts?

Umm...With My Baby Tonight was an ok song I guess :shrug:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

wyoak posted:

"My World" was good entrance music, does that count?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

even for the day after Mania that was an unbelievable pop.

He was on his way to something pretty cool before Del Rio murdered him

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'll take one Ziggler over any number of Jarrett any day of the week.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 15, 2018

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Umm...With My Baby Tonight was an ok song I guess :shrug:

Please don't praise Road Dogg in 2018.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
JJ was better at conning bookers and money marks into thinking he was a main eventer. No one is stupid enough to think Dolph is a main eventer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tato posted:

JJ was better at conning bookers and money marks into thinking he was a main eventer. No one is stupid enough to think Dolph is a main eventer.

Dolph is literally main eventing the next Smackdown PPV

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Entitled Millennial

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wyoak posted:

He was the best at lazily kicking out of pins

I'm sorry I'm still pissed about every time he fought Raven

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Jeff Jarrett at least had his guitars, the only getting crushed when Dolph is out there is my spirit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Please don't praise Road Dogg in 2018.

One of the good things that WCW actually did was when they brought in Jarrett and were praising all his various skills, then pointed out that he couldn't sing worth a drat and somebody (Heenan?) replied,"Yeah but who cares about that?"

At the same time over on Raw, they were running this petulant,"Jarrett didn't actually sing the song! He can't actually sing!" angle with Road Dogg that was almost as pathetic as their Billionaire Ted skits.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kawalimus posted:

They should get rid of Smackdown altogether. Its too much to follow two big shows. Make NXT the alt show amd drop the pretense of it being developmental.

While I don't want dozens of people to lose their jobs I would like WWE to lose lots of money so they should do this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Friend Rovert, any comment on accuracy about this?

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/964195390735245313

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I still like Dolph but i do agree that he doesn't seem to give much of a poo poo any more. I don't blame him though, the booking in WWE is all over the loving place and he has been one of the worst victims of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Angle vs Rollins seems like a really bad idea to me. Not that I don't think they couldn't have a great match, but the likelihood of Kurt getting really badly hurt would be so high.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

spudsbuckley posted:

I still like Dolph but i do agree that he doesn't seem to give much of a poo poo any more. I don't blame him though, the booking in WWE is all over the loving place and he has been one of the worst victims of it.
Getting paid $1.5M/year to half-rear end your job is the American dream

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Will wait for next week's Smackdown to fully discount the Rousey vs Charlotte match - whether Carmella cashes in etc.

Triple H is scheduled for Raw after Elimination Chamber so that points to the Rousey vs Authority direction.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Angle looked like poo poo in the Survivor Series match, so I wonder if they changed his Mania plans after watching that.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

this just reads to me like someone listened to a few wrestling observers and made some educated guesses and is trying to sell it as a scoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

this just reads to me like someone listened to a few wrestling observers and made some educated guesses and is trying to sell it as a scoop

No Observer audio or text ever brought up the possibility of Seth/Kurt at Mania, I'm pretty sure

• Locked thread