Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, is that real?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I just really think you Braun fans should prepare yourself. Tonight you may have laughed but Braun took his first step down a long and treacherous WWE road.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't been watching the last few weeks but that World Title five way seems like some of the most random, stupid, pointless, clusterfuck booking I've ever seen. Did it actually play any better in execution?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly reading "World Champion AJ Styles ended up in a nonsense five way with four challengers not on the touted ranking list due to all kinds of ridiculous booking from multiple authority figures and seeming incoherent face/heel turns" probably WAS a recap of an Impact episode from years ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Road Dogg's not a McMahon so they're probably happy to let him take the heat and there's probably lots of fans happy to put it someone who isn't a McMahon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Daniel Bryan doesn't seem to like AJ either. In fact the way I read that recap it seemed like Shane was basically working under the idea that Bryan is favoring Zayn and Owens and I can't really see any reason to doubt that.

Now why Shane McMahon would think the counter to Bryan being biased for KOSZ and stacking the deck against AJ would be to further to stack the deck against AJ, I have no idea. But he is a McMahon so I guess its just instinct.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This whole "list Elias with all the unused talents" thing is just one of those "Yeah, sure, Ryback is totally a star", "Fandango's hugely over" things that will pass, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

reignofevil posted:

Idk Ryback and Fandango both have done some very entertaining stuff even if one of them was dumb as gently caress. Wrestling is rarely about technical ability these days.

Oh, I get that. I don't care about like Miz being listed as a talent that could get screwed by this.

I'm just an Elias hater, don't get what everyone sees in him, and it feels very much like one of those "hot for a moment" things that happen with WWE a lot. People hook into a gimmick and ride it for awhile until it tops out.

At least that's my take. But I'm a hater.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 17, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, she'll probably just try and convince Absolution to work with her and that she respects them while also telling Mickie that she's with her and is just stuck here? And just try and avoid wrestling at all?

Isn't that like every Alexa Bliss story?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My wrestling watching is pretty sporadic so I'd probably tune into RAW every now and then when I was sitting around on a Monday Night and was like "Remember when this was Wrestling Night? That would be cool if it still was."

But like I wouldn't know jack poo poo about what was happening in WWE if I didn't peruse these threads and so it probably never be anything more than a random Monday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I feel there is an underlying pathology similar to what made Rey Mysterio take out the "Jr" part when he came into WWE. There's a weird hatred for acknowledging your past that seeps through, even if they're made up last names

Yeah, I always assumed it all ties into some weird thing about acknowledging work done outside WWE or allowing wrestlers enough "identity" to link back when they leave WWE. But I'll be damned if i can think of a coherent theory for it. Especially with stuff like "Balor Club" that does a bit of both extremes. Giving Devitt a whole new name but letting Anderson go with his name and directly referencing and even stealing the Bullet Club history, name, and idea. Although I guess that can just be chalked up to WWE taking what's hot.

• Locked thread