Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nia's delusional heel promos are sorta...a thing? I mean its obvious to anyone with two braincells that Nia would struggle (read: lose to either of them, since Nia is a bigger loser than Bayley, winrate wise) with either of those two women if they were fresh, but I think Nia's new gimmick is being stupid. Then again it doesn't matter, since Nia is almost certainly losing at Elimination Chamber anyways.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For what its worth, Asuka wrestled in the dark match main event last night. She murdered Alexa, but Nia then ran out and got Alexa DQed. Bayley, Banks, and Asuka then chased off Nia (and I assume Alexa).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yup, and after Nia/Apollo vs Roode/Flair, we get Banks/Balor vs Miz/Asuka. This tournament should be wrapped up around the time Wrestlemania rolls around, now that I think about it. The only teams who have a real shot at winning though are Strowman/Bliss (due to Connor's Cure), Roode/Flair, and Miz/Asuka (due to her undefeated streak).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 14, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

God it hasn't been that long since he left but I'd already forgotten that dumb Nia/Enzo storyline.

I like how they are trying to build up Nia as a monster again but failing miserably, because she's so goddamn awful in the ring (and at cutting promos).

e: To the guy below me: Road Dogg is seriously the worst booker in WWE today. And probably in a long time.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

So, to recap the title scenes:

Raw: 7-way match to determine a No. 1 contender
Raw women: 6-way match to determine champion
Smackdown: 5-way match to determine champion
Smackdown women: giant shrug emoji
Men's Rumble winner: Not on the card
Women's Rumble winner: Defending Mania title shot at the PPV

What's the point of a Royal Rumble if a billion people are going to get title shots anyway?

Pretty sure the storyline here is that Charlotte will defend the Smackdown Women's Title against Ruby Riott at some point (probably Fastlane) and win, assuming the rumors of Charlotte vs Asuka are true. However, that opens up a pretty big problem.

Carmella has the Women's Money in the Bank briefcase, and is by far the least over woman on the roster (the only thing that was really keeping her afloat was James Ellsworth). I cannot realistically see her cashing in and beating Asuka and/or Charlotte for the title. But I don't think they want to see the cash in fail either.

Now if Asuka decides to go after Alexa or whoever wins Elimination Chamber instead, then everything posted above is null and void.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think regardless of what happens, if we get Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss in a singles match at Wrestlemania, no other match on the card will be as bad as that one.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

SDL was so fuckin dire this week, if Raw were two hours it would completely blow it out of the water.

I'm almost positive this is because Road Dogg is such an awful booker. He's so loving bad, holy poo poo. It doesn't help his cause that he lashes out at people on twitter when people call him out for bad booking. I feel like anyone who gets sent to Smackdown now is being sentenced to WWE career death at this point.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

SI says Dolph's new contract is two years. $1.5mil per year

Justin Barraso wrote that, right? He has a tendency to be completely wrong on that kind of stuff. He's about as accurate as Sportskeeda (which is to say, not at all). So I would take it with a grain of salt until otherwise noted.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

St Evan Echoes posted:

finally a wrestler i can relate to :unsmith:

Nah, you are better than TJP. Most people are. :unsmith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Wait, what loving authority does WWE have to tell her to do that, she doesn't loving work for them.

She's on a legends contract with them, last I heard.

Imagine me posting a picture of Road Dogg here. God loving drat he needs to be removed from creative. He's offensively bad at this point. It doesn't help that he lashes out at anyone on twitter who dares to criticize his booking.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So it was brought up in the stupid wrestling fan thread, but Aphrodite reminded me that Carmella has the Money in the Bank briefcase. I wonder if WWE regrets putting it on her? She's pretty much completely dead in the water. No one takes her seriously anymore, and she lost all of her heat after James Ellsworth was released. While her cashing in could give her some momentum back, I don't see it lasting long, considering no one takes her seriously at all, along with the fact that she had the most losses of any main roster woman in 2017. I think her winrate in 2017 was 10.1%. For reference, the three lowest winrates among the women's main roster in 2017 was Nia Jax (14.1%), Tamina (12.4%), and Carmella (10.1%).

On the other hand, I can't see her losing the cash in either. But if the rumors are true about Asuka vs Charlotte being the Wrestlemania matchup, her window to cash in is rapidly closing. WWE isn't high enough on Carmella to have her cash in and beat Asuka, so her only real time to cash in would be sometime in the next few weeks (Fastlane is probably the best time, considering we'll probably get Ruby Riott vs Charlotte, and Riott Squad can beat down Charlotte post match).

Which also begs the question, does Carmella even have a non submission finisher move? That isn't a roll up?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's official, all PPVs going forward will be dual branded.

http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-2018-pay-per-view-schedule

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I wanna know what that deleted tweet said.

It said Billy Gunn was gay. Road Dogg is most likely a homophobe.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Announced for RAW tomorrow night:

Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Mickie James vs Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, and Alexa Bliss.

Did I miss something or is the Mickie and Alexa team up over with already?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/965318503329882113

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

Between SDL and Raw Women's titles, Alexa has held a belt at some point for three hundred and ninety six days and counting, which is a big deal! And yet this whole thing's going to end with a shrug.

And I imagine (by imagine I mean hope) she won't get a title reign again for awhile after this. I mean its not likely that Alexa will get another lengthy reign simply because WWE is most likely going to put the title on Ronda before the end of this year, no matter what the audience wants.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just wait until The Iconic Duo are called up and lose either their first or last name. Billie and Peyton, although knowing Vince we'll get Kay and Royce, and they'll be repackaged into detectives for the Fashion Police/Fashion Files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Another segment for tonight's RAW. Asuka will be addressing Nia Jax tonight. Can't wait for Nia's inevitable catty middle school level burn.

I hope Asuka speaks English just to gently caress with Nia.

• Locked thread