Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Heh, Uber. Pffft. I only take limousines. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

OMGVBFLOL posted:

what’s funny is passengers have it all wrong about what drivers care about. idgaf where someone sits but i’m so loving sick of being asked the same four bullshit smalltalk questions

“do you also drive for uber/lyft?” and its inevitable followup “which one do you like more?”
“is this your full time / what else do you do?”
“are you from the city?”

and the most popular one of all, the one that i genuinely have to work to keep the annoyance out of my voice when answering: “has it been busy?”

what the gently caress kind of question is that? what the gently caress conversation do you expect to blossom out of a fuckin’ yes or no question, especially one that’s so knuckle-draggingly obvious that literally half of anyone who makes conversation rolls it out. gently caress you, personally, to hell

conversation is nice and I’ve had plenty of interesting and fun conversations with passengers but 100% of the good ones put more effort into it than blurting out the first thing that pops into their head, and 100% of them were about something other than my mind-numbingly dull fake internet car job

Gonna have to remember these and ask them if/when I do take an Uber

• Locked thread