Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I really want to tell my personal story here

Back in may of 2017, I was ordered to vote for the lesser evil in the presidential election of my country. The choice was simple: vote for Macron even if you think he's evil, because Le Pen is literally the Devil.
In the 9 months since his election, Macron managed to be so comically evil that I've regretted it really hard.
- He has passed several laws and a budget that literally benefit only a tiny fraction of the population, at the expense of many people, including a bunch of my former colleagues and my aunt (my aunt is retired and earns about 1200 euros every month, and 40 of these euros have vanished since January). The fucker is about to lay waste to the public hospital sector. It is ghastly.
- He has worsened the living conditions of refugees and migrants in the country. The police literally slashes their tents, poisons their water with tear gas, and breaks up food distribution lines. In the middle of the loving winter. The subsidies of charities who help migrants are severely cut. Literally 100% (and I'm not exaggerating here) of the people who work at the National Court for the Right of Asylum have gone on strike to protest against the immigration law the government is preparing.
- He is keeping in his government a dude who, by his own admission, has traded sexual favors with a woman in exchange for an intervention on her criminal record. A promise which, by the way, was a lie.

So gently caress anyone who defends voting for the "lesser evil".

are you arguing that le pen would have been better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I'm arguing that the reason we hate Le Pen and would never in a million year vote for Le Pen is not because her name is Le Pen and her party is the Front National, but because her and her party's ideology is odious and reprehensible and gross and her opponent, who was painted as the last bastion against fascism, is literally turning whole sections of her ideology into public policy while still telling you that she is odious and reprehensible and gross
So gently caress him and gently caress her. I ain't ever voting for any more devils. The next time I'm faced with a choice like this I'll literally poo poo in the envelope and put it in the ballot box, then document it and post it here. :toxx:

but at that point in the voting process, your options are someone who will implement some of her hateful policies or someone who will implement all of her hateful policies
or you don't vote, and then the greater evil wins and things are worse (see trump, donald)
it would be great if those weren't the outcomes

• Locked thread