Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

gtkor posted:

I think it will be interesting to see if Liverpool's tactics perform as well as they did against City. Madrid seemed to take their time passing through Bayern whenever Bayern pressed, and they had a pretty reasonable amount of success. If Liverpool can't turn over Modric, I don't know how they get the ball in transition to everyone who is fast.

Real Madrid have a world class midfield and good bench options. Liverpool have to depend on Wijnaldum/Milner/Henderson to last for the rest of the season and hope that Adam Lallana and/or Emre Can come back from the dead. I don't know how Klopp is going to be able to deal with that difference in class, but there's no other choice buy to try to find a way.

I didn't watch the Bayern/Real matches in full so if someone could give me a summary of how they unfolded, I'd be grateful. Bayern almost pulled it off, so they must have been doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
bayern had a lot of injured players and a past it striker up front and were still a goalkeeping brain fart away from getting through so who knows

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It was like a game of FIFA played by retarded 12 year olds

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
mo salah, who has made me convert to islam, will score and win. thats what i think, and hope.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Bayern probably should have buried the tie in the first leg.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/sjrcarson/status/991721937993981952?s=08

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

CyberPingu posted:

Bayern probably should have buried the tie in the first leg.

There was about a 20 minute stretch in the first leg where they absolutely clowned on Madrid and really should have been 3 or 4 up in that first half.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
We did it Liverpool...

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wow everyone has come back. Football lives again.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe Liverpool won the champions league...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

I can't believe Liverpool won the champions league...

I too saw the bit on UEFAs website where they crowned Liverpool champions

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
UEFA are conning us so that when Real Madrid win through a bunch of shady penalties and botched offside calls, fans will think it’s not a fixed match.

UEFA is under Spanish control and Liverpool are the underdogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Football has been scripted this whole time. The ref is actually gauging the crowd and telling the players what to do.

• Locked thread