Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm interviewing next week with a company in the oil & gas field as a logistics support agent. I've googled to get some ideas but I'm still lost on what to expect, I'll list a few questions I have below and any personal experiences or tips would be helpful as well. I'm assuming most of this is a non issue since the interview and place I'd be working is in the US but I'd rather be prepared.

1. Bowing, what are the odds that this is going to happen? If I reach out for a handshake is it going to be awkward? Do I wait for them to bow first or do I go first?
2. Promptness, is arriving 5 minutes early the standard?
3. Is the work culture as bad as it says it is online? I'm pretty hard on myself as it is in terms of expectations.
4. Do they prefer small talk or anecdotes while interviewing. (most of my interviews turn into conversations about non job related things should I avoid this?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Nvm, guess in Japan its customary to offer an interview then cancel the day before because you offered the position to someone else.

• Locked thread