Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Lawsuit Alleges Mafia-Like Tactics Aimed At A Disneyland Social Club

quote:

But according to a lawsuit filed in September in Orange County civil court and updated last week, one of the clubs used tactics more associated with the Mafia than with the Happiest Place on Earth.

The plaintiffs are John and Leslee Sarno, a Sacramento couple. The court filing explains that John Sarno was the president of the Main Street Fire Station 55 Social Club "and also bore the title of 'Battalion Chief' in the fictional fire station."

In the summer of 2016, according to the complaint, Fire Station 55 SC organized a fundraiser for the families of firefighters who died in the Sept. 11 attacks. Some 340 participants walked 2 miles around Disneyland, and the profits were donated to a charity. Disney gave permission and provided security.

It was in the weeks leading up to the fundraiser that defendant Jakob Fite and four other members of a social club called the White Rabbits approached John Sarno on Disney property and demanded that he pay them $500 in "protection money" for the event, according to the suit. Sarno refused to pay, and he says Fite threatened to ruin him — and that the Sarnos would never be able to visit the park again.

So it seems there are multiple gangs that patrol the grounds.

I just pray that this doesn't occur at Euro Disney.

So who wants to join my gang "The Swiss Family Robinson"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Pelosi de Bundi posted:

the entire idea of Disneyland depresses me , it's like everything wrong with America in one concentrated mess : worship of royalty and fake princesses, buying passes to skip the prole lines , even more advanced passes to skip those lines ? Huge confusing sprawl , children on leashes , people with no personality so they latched onto DIsNEYYYY, and it's in Florida ...

I can't even imagine what kind of weirdos Disney World attracts.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

remigious posted:

I just got back from my first ever trip to Disney World, and honestly it was just ok. I’m not sure i would go back again. Old people in mobility scooters are the absolute worst.

You described Florida quite well.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

You think this is the biggest loser thing you could possibly do at the Disneyland park but it’s not, there are guys who have giant catalogs of them taking photos with the princesses, like thousands of photos that they carry around with them in the park

Why do they carry the photos around? Do they get them signed? Do they carry around printers?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Earwicker posted:

the entire company is on an internal facebook-clone type website so you see posts from people working in the parks and cruiseships and whatnot, some of them are normal but some of them are really into the company culture in a way you dont see in normal companies.

Please tell me you still have access.

• Locked thread