Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm playing this on ps4 and all my regular goonbros are laughing at me and i have to play with pubbies.

Add me if you want to play some mp, psn: mr_dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Well, I'm officially stuck on the secure the Sahalenthropus mission. I just flat out can't kill them fast enough, and I run out of stuff to throw at them. There's probably hidden containers somewhere in the first map with things like turrets or portable mortars I was supposed to find, but alas, did not. And I don't think I can go back to base camp until I've finished all of the FOB missions.

I filled the entire area around the objective with chainlink fences, sandbag footholds, and iron watchtowers. Keep a couple of each in reserve to reinforce the objective area later on.

2 watchtowers had machine gun turrets to deal with the ranged enemies. Bombers were handled with fire arrows from atop a tower.

After about 6 minutes a couple of paths through my defenses had been opened. Bottlenecked wanderers were controlled with arrows, molotovs, and grenades. Keep a couple of grenades reserved for late-round ranged enemies. The basic 9mm pistol with aroud 60 rounds of ammo was also good for quickly clearing groups of wanderers.

After around 10 minutes I placed my remaining defense objects and burned the rest of my ammo keeping them clear.

titties
May 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I got the game for 40 bucks at Walmart and I still kinda feel a little ripped off. I finally upgraded from a spear with two clunky attacks to a machete with two clunky attacks and got diarrhea from drinking tainted water. Also, I’m hungry but I cannot find anything to eat than the occasional carrot
I kinda wish thirst took a little bit longer to go down than immediately

The beginning is rough. Enemies are hard to kill and constantly being capped by hunger and thirst gets frustrating. Fortunately you can find some water and goats about 30 yards from the base. Cook one goat flesh and you'll learn the recipe for goat soup which replenishes like 900 each hunger and thirst.

They'll respawn several times so you can maintain a small supply of food to get you through the early game.

Spend 2 points in any weapon tree to get a third standard attack and a power attack. The spear's power attack can be used through chainlink fences to eliminate multiple low-level wanderers at a time. Carry a few fences and just plop them down wherever, then poke the wanderers in their faces.

Once you get some gear and skill points the combat will open up.

titties
May 10, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

I just upgraded my base to get the walkway around the perimeter, what kind of set up do I need to do the defence mission?

If that's the first time you can expand, nothing. It is brief and not difficult.

titties
May 10, 2012

Anyone else playing on PS4? I need rad goonbros to carry me because I am a poo poo idiot bitch.

PSN: mr_dread

titties
May 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Defend the wormhole for fifteen goddamn minutes? Is this where the game and I part ways

It's not that bad, use your interceptor units and mow 'em down.

Want to do some mp to bolster your supplies? We're psn besties still

titties
May 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I don't know what an interceptor unit is! I'm sitting pretty because mp is super addictive, my only issue would be food and such

MG emplacements and mortars.

Also it looks like today's patch fixed the recipe for soups using canteens, you now need 2 flesh to one canteen, no free soup for you.

titties
May 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Fifteen minutes is just too long, it’s too much, with no check point and no way to restock supplies, I made it to 7 minutes but loving rear end in a top hat got a lucky shot in and took me from half health to death because these fuckers just surround you and gently caress you you’re out of grenades and molotovs and other poo poo you might need to defend your position and you get way too many injuries that take forever to heal with the necessary medication
It’s not like I can grind either because I’m not finding like more blueprints or gear I can craft

You would probably find some useful item and gear recipes if you go back through all the ruins you've previously been to to get the crate that is only available after you've completed whichever mission the ruin is tied to. Just find a guide for each ruin too make sure you got all the crates. There should also be plenty of mats for arrows and bullets in each ruin.

MP also drops gear pretty regularly if you're s-ranking so you can grind a bit if you want. The tab farthest to the right in the weapon / gear crafting menu shows all the broken gear you've collected in mp. Once these are crafted they're usually better than a recipe version of the same item because they come with perks.

If you're not able to do normal difficulty right now, it's probably because the normal missions you were doing before were dailies / weeklies and you haven't officially unlocked the normal difficulty mp. I can't remember if it is level or story gated. E: Normal mode MP is story gated ... TO THE CHAPTER YOU'RE STUCK ON

Calaveron posted:

I mean you have all 8 mortar bullets and fences are so delicate. I feel like there’s something I’m missing
Also I’m running short on food and water, why won’t the game spawn more animal detection things, and why can’t I do normal missions all of a sudden?

I went into this with 6 chainlink fences, 6 iron watchtowers, 6 sandbag footholds, 2 machine gun emplacements, 60 9mm bullets, 30 arrows, and 30 fire arrows. Filling the space in front of the objective with 14 tightly-packed, 1k+ hp defense units should slow everything down for a good 9 minutes or more, and leaves you with 4 units in reserve to patch holes.

Plop a machine gun down on one of the watchtowers and use it to take out Bombers. Use fire arrows, molotovs, and grenades to clear big groups stacking up on your defenses. Never let the Bombers get close to your defenses. Ever.

When the Mortars fire their exploding shells you can knock them away with a 2-handed weapon.

titties fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 16, 2018

titties
May 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I can’t edit my base, so I can’t change the development teams, I don’t know where my goat cages went to, never found blueprints to machine gun emplacements or those wooden tower things, animals have stopped spawning so I’m starting to run dry

I know you already beat the mission but you can find the machine gun emplacement recipe in a crate a little south of transporter 10. Here is a list of blueprint locations organized by which point in the story brings you closest to the chest.

As far as the Normal difficulty multiplayer, you have to complete chapter 19 to unlock them. I thought chapter 19 was the 15-minute base defense but I must have gotten them mixed up, the wiki says it's a single-player iris energy drill mission.

E: also you've been mentioning problems finding food. At this point you should probably have at least some potato and corn growing at your base. Meat can be had at just about any clear area. Even if there are no animal detected side missions, some of the clear areas have 3 or 4 different sets of animals in them. Just check dfferent ones until you find wolves or goats or asses or sheep or whatever. Scoop up gerbils and hedgehogs at transporter sites. Also keep an ear out for birds, they are all over the place.

titties fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 16, 2018

titties
May 10, 2012

I'm getting frustrated and it makes me sad because it is about little poo poo.

I got 4 side missions in-a-row that were rare animals. I got excited because I've never hunted any of the rares yet and I wanted to start adding them to my base.

2 of the missions were for Anubis but I don't have any storage for canids. Another was a bird. The last was a Himalayan bear!

I was excited because I had a bear cage ready and that bear drops valuable mats. Then I accidentally killed him with triple shot instead of capturing him :smith:

titties
May 10, 2012

Hel posted:

I know you can almost kill them and still capture them but why would you even risk it? the sprint punch is good enough. Outside of birds there's no reason to kill most enemies since it's faster and easier to stun and balloon them.

The bear did not seem to notice my mighty punching

titties
May 10, 2012

Are you supposed to get a drop if you defeat the flying pod man that sharts ice during the rescue mission co-op? He went down 3 times for me yesterday but I never got anything special. I didn't land the final blow during any of those fights though.

titties
May 10, 2012

I definitely noticed that. I did a few matches where he was dropped really quickly by higher-level players. I didn't know they were even fighting him and I was wondering what the cheat was to reach a rank before even doing the first extraction. It didn't click until I helped fight him and saw the meter fill up when he died.

I just thought he might drop some extra loot as well.

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

He only drops loot as a world boss, sadly. He's just a massive source of IRIS in multiplayer. Snipe his yellow bit when it glows, then toss a molotov and unload your shotgun onto him when he falls over.

I ran out of bullets and arrows really quickly so I spent most of the time hitting his dangly parts with a flaming bat when they were close enough.

titties
May 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

The base digs give you more stuff to build.

I think what he's saying is that he's at capacity. I have only completed dig 1 and don't have the max allowable number of garden plots or tents built and I'm at 99.7% capacity. I can build like 1 more fence segment.

Does the build limit increase at all beyond the initial base expansion?

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Even with all production buildings, storage facilities and tents i can manage a full ring of electric fencing, and around 30 gatling turrets. Are you getting rid of redundant buildings, like the basic workshops?

Yeah, most of my space is taken up by a double row of perimeter fencing and additional fencing to section off the garden area, animal pens, living area, and base operations area. It looks better that way imo

titties
May 10, 2012

Please tell me if there's a way to get rid of useless survivors tia

I sent the 2 most useless turds out on expeditions with no gear at all and they've gone out 3 times and still refuse to die.

Also a good portion of my base was lost because I forgot to check in and replace missing fences between waves of plan 3 :smith:

titties
May 10, 2012

night slime posted:

Someone here said you craft guns to get free ammo but I don't see it, except as equipped to the crafted gun. Am I missing something"

Craft the guns and send them to storage. The rounds will be in storage. you can then break down the guns to get some of the mats back.

titties
May 10, 2012

night slime posted:

I only get 2 for the 12 gauge rounds when I craft a rasp shotgun. It's still cheaper but man that seems slow.

Yeah, you only get however many rounds the gun holds in a single clip or whatever. It's only really worth it for getting 30 rounds of 5.56 by crafting the green assault rifle.

titties
May 10, 2012

Did they nerf Bigmouth drops or was I just unlucky?

I just beat lvl 43 bigmouth and he dropped 1 purple gear, 1 purple weapon, and 3 blue mats.

I watched a video of some dude beating a lvl 43 bigmouth and he got purple mats and multiple orange gear and weapon cases.

What did you guys get?

titties
May 10, 2012

I just watched the video all the way through and his orange cases gave purples that I think I already have?

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Duplicates will be in your inventory like any other item. As coffee said you got hosed out of anything good. :v:

Right but what I'm saying is that when the guy in the video opened his orange cases he got purples from them.

I thought he was going to unlock things I hadn't seen before but they were a purple sniper and chest that I have myself. His were probably better but still

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Hey, sorry to whoever was trying to get hold of me earlier. I have message notifications turned off when playing singleplayer stuff, and missed you. Sorry. :shobon:

That was me, no problem. I just wanted to see if you'd like to be added to the psn group message for rad bros (hint: you do not)

Also, they pushed out a couple of patches in the last few days and one of them definitely made your soups spoil like 10X faster. It's not a huge issue if you have 45 animals stuffed into your base and gear with the food conservation perk but still

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

No disagreement here, Sterling and Joe getting lovely because they were terrible is pretty loving funny, but the game does over explain the simple stuff.

I'll be around and available the next couple days. I'll be online but my partner's in the room, so can't get on VOIP.

I think food only Seems to be spoiling faster. Originally it'd just convert straight into kitchen waste.

As far as I can see from the limited time I've had to play over the last couple of days, the soup stacks I had with me began to spoil after about 2 days in-game, or something like 1.5 hours of play time. Just estimating but my pocketsfull of soup are definitely going bad quickly.

titties
May 10, 2012

widespread posted:

I think everyone knows this by now but if you just TAP the left side of the touchpad thing on your PS4 controllers, you can PAUSE in SINGLEPLAYER. Holding still brings up emote menu.

double-click left touchpad to salute in SP for some reason

E: also my food seems to be keeping longer then it was the other day, for about 2 days everything I made was spoiling in my inventory every other day

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Difficulties unlock as your character level gets higher. Normal and Hard are also gated by killing the Lord of Dust, AFAIK.

I think that some of the maps are gated by story progression too.

titties
May 10, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

^That's it. I ran through the base several times during the mission.

It ended up being fine because I realized I had enough supplies for hundreds of fire arrows. So I tried again and beat the mission using fire arrows (you can run back to base for more). Good game.

I figured I'd give multiplayer a shot but no one joined my quick match that I left up for a while (PS4).

I will play this crap game with you and any other goon who wants to get down. Add me, psn: mr_dread

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

7 day premium boosters are on sale at 200 sv coins, but theyre a one time thing.

I'd highly suggest you only get one if you're done with the campaign, though. It breaks a ton of the survival elements early on.

Agreed, but they are just about a must-have if you're leveling subclasses or unlocking weapon perks though. I actually spent money again on this ridiculous game to buy a couple of 30-day boosters.

titties
May 10, 2012

I lost my Himalayan brown bear like a month ago during a base defense. Another one finally spawned today and i killed it with a single fire arrow ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

This supposedly bad game is actually pretty fun. I've currently got it from Gamefly, but it's on sale on Amazon for $16.33. I'm honestly not too sure how much of the multiplayer I would be interested in, but having a good time with the single player campaign. I just got the digger and defended my base once, can someone tell me how much more of the campaign I have left?

If I remember correctly you haven't hit the halfway point yet. Unfortunately, though, this is largely a loot game and much like Destiny the end of the single-player campaign is the beginning of the real game where you play the same multiplayer maps over and over to grind gear forever

• Locked thread