Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
night slime
May 14, 2014
The initial African section spikes the difficulty way too high...wtf...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014

socialsecurity posted:

So I'm on the 15 minute defense mission, it's kicking my rear end I need some sort of turret but it turns out the machine gun turret is back in the other zone I can't go to. Is there a good way to deal with mortars I'm missing as I keep running out of ammo and running out to fight them gets me killed as it feels like one swing from a zombie and I'm on the ground and dead.

If it's the 15 minute main campaign mission, I played several times and noticed the mortars never attacked me or the wormhole digger if I didn't go out in the field while they were there. Like they said above, grenades and shotguns will take them out pretty easily and they're also not that dangerous if you take them on one on one as long as you keep moving.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I went and recruited a bunch of people (at 31 now) and now my food resources aren't enough. What should I do? I have like ten farms and some okapi and 4 sheep. I watched something that said to assign people to base development but it didn't seem to do anything.

night slime
May 14, 2014
What's with the unexplored area that attacks you in Africa and gives you a warning? Is that where the next boss is?

night slime
May 14, 2014
That's great they didn't just wall it off so I can walk into it by accident and get caught by a zombie and die pointlessly.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I used the scout subclass hammer throw move on a tracker (it's the one where it looks like you're throwing them against the ropes in wrestling) and the thing went like 300 yards in the opposite direction doing its rollerblade walk. Great animation.

I like the game a lot, but I don't understand the business rationale behind making it a seperate game instead of DLC. PP has a huge install base and you'd get buys from people curious about it instead of just hearing crazy poo poo on youtube. Although I guess 2015 is a little old for DLC.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

Did they really change the random mining missions? Unlike the recruit missions, mining has a chance of showing up each day and you can find one in a week or two. Just sleep each day and open the map for the usual spots.

The way to get resources to spawn in the teleporter areas are similar and Afghanistan has a longer gameplay timer. (it ignores MP gameplay, so you better idle in SP and not pause) Besides clearing out every single item you can pick up in every porter area, not including large containers or holding the button to pick up several items, you have to get that isolated base outside the sanctuary map where you find run past broken cars and the mining spot guarded by wolves. Take all the resources from buildings in the other animal sanctuary zones. Grabbing food doesn't help, but it might be better than idling away your hunger until you are filled with months of food. I wouldn't bother with using Afghanistan to fill up on resources, as Africa is a magnitude better.

Africa is a faster bit of looting everything you can pick up and break apart, like barrels and boxes in porter areas, minus food and Charon containers. It is mandatory to wear nothing but a knife strong enough to break barrels in three hits and one soup can per trip.

You loot the fenced-in base near the boer goats, past the chasm.
Try to spawn the Walker Gear near the back of the mansion.
Clean out the empty base in the Gauntlet Forest. Walk back to MB.
The back of the mansion near where the Walker might spawn and the right side of the building with two gaps with items. Ignore the farm. No reason to get inside unless you need wood, then destroy the barrels and retreat before you meet zombies. Walk back to MB without the Walker.
That spot in the back of that map with the blown out buildings and deadlier dust. Empty all the buildings. Walk back to MB in the Walker Gear, but first clear out the building next to the bridge with ten zombies/plants.

A skill in the scout subclass lets you pick up like 30 items at a time. Saves a lot of time.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Klaus88 posted:

Is it worth keeping the dirty water base sources around? Or should I deconstruct all the lovely water tanks?

The one really good water tank is like 72 titanium alloy and really pissed me off when it got destroyed during a base camp dig and I had rebuild it. Just something to keep in mind when you build it, since I didn't realize it was in a bad/undefended place until it was too late.

night slime
May 14, 2014

widespread posted:

So I got my Purple Stuff right. And now I'm wondering where the gently caress I can upgrade my dudes if possible, since most requires a D Ranking Base Development Team. Does not help I'm in Africa staring down the business end of a 15 minute mission.

Rearrange them until you get them in a spot that doesn't have them rated as "poorly" and you should be good.

The guy who stumbled upon this game without playing Phantom Pain first is cool

night slime
May 14, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

Any recruit who doesn't have modest yield or better is completely worthless after you hit the cap.

Yeah but he didn't sound like he had finished the game yet so I assumed he wasn't near the cap.

night slime
May 14, 2014

titties posted:

Please tell me if there's a way to get rid of useless survivors tia

I sent the 2 most useless turds out on expeditions with no gear at all and they've gone out 3 times and still refuse to die.

Also a good portion of my base was lost because I forgot to check in and replace missing fences between waves of plan 3 :smith:

Keep doing it, you'll see their HP going down.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Someone here said you craft guns to get free ammo but I don't see it, except as equipped to the crafted gun. Am I missing something"

night slime
May 14, 2014

titties posted:

Craft the guns and send them to storage. The rounds will be in storage. you can then break down the guns to get some of the mats back.

I only get 2 for the 12 gauge rounds when I craft a rasp shotgun. It's still cheaper but man that seems slow.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Oh I guess it wants the gun to be reloaded before it gives you the ammo. Whatever I guess.

night slime
May 14, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Blueprints and all of your materials are shared. You can craft the high level stations and base defenses right from the start if you have the materials for them. Even if you delete your lone save and make a new one, you still won't lose them as you have a super secret 'server' file that you can't access. There's no way to truly start over from scratch (which is actually kind of a bummer).

Maybe a new PSN profile would work, I don't know whether or not they share system saves though.

night slime fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 3, 2018

night slime
May 14, 2014
What's the point of leveling up to 69? That looks like it would cost a trillion dollars and seems less beneficial than unlocking the 625k weapon perks.

night slime
May 14, 2014

redreader posted:

I just got this and am really excited to play it, but DGAF about the plot. Doing the intro now. Come onnnn!

The plot actually ends up pretty cool by the end.

I got a cool drill hammer that does 650 damage. On the co-op stage wall where all the loadouts are displayed it had the damage as like 920.

night slime
May 14, 2014
You can kill persistent chameleon. I think he's some guy you get in story mode since you can't rename him. I wonder if you can kill other main characters. Too afraid to try myself...

night slime
May 14, 2014

widespread posted:

I think everyone knows this by now but if you just TAP the left side of the touchpad thing on your PS4 controllers, you can PAUSE in SINGLEPLAYER. Holding still brings up emote menu.

Was this a recent add or was this in from launch and we were all not finding it?
I knew about it from launch. It's loving annoying though, especially since my touchpad is slightly jammed and takes a few clicks sometimes. Honestly I generally find the controls kind of frustrating when you're in a pinch during a firefight, it's just not that intuitive to scroll through things with the d-pad.

night slime
May 14, 2014
If you're having problems with the mortars you can slide kick their bombs away. Run over to the bomb and press R2 and it should do it, I don't know if you can get to co-op at that point in the game but maybe you could practice it with a grenade there so you don't waste them.

night slime
May 14, 2014
It only costs 1000 battle points, you can get it with two S ranks.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I made a cool Looney Tunes trap with an oil trap and the air cannon where they slip on the oil then get blown back by the air cannon. I didn't get to see much of it during a base dig but it looked like it worked on some armored and a bomber. Game owns

night slime
May 14, 2014
I think they changed the employment history to be relevant since all my medical team are doctors or vets or sports trainers now instead of like, dog walker.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Not outside the dex boost if that even applies. Some food does I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014

Safeword posted:

There are now Metal Gear Solid 4 Gekkos as enemies, and Metal Gear Rex can be piloted as a heavy tactical support option. I haven't played the game in a very long time, but some of these additions are kind of odd as Konami would have had to create entirely new assets for them.

Where are the gekkos at?

I haven't played either in a while but the single player environment was very creepy when I just turned it on, since I forgot where everything was after all the grinding I used to do. Maybe they should have went with randomly generated areas.

• Locked thread