Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ziggler or Corbin?
This poll is closed.
Corbin... I guess. :sigh: 1 6.67%
Zi.... no this seems unlikely. 0 0%
♪ Burrrrrrn it dooooooown! ♪ 8 53.33%
THE BIG DOG! 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So Drake Spudrick's whole thing is telling everybody on 205 Live that the gimmicks WWE gave them suck and blaming the wrestlers for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
rip peaky blinders jack gallagher

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Buddy Murphy :lol:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

oh poo poo buddy murphy's gonna be on tv for the first time in like two years

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wait buddy murphy? hahaha i'd forgotten about him. he's a cruiserweight?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
He is now, apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Murphy looks so monstrous that a Tony Neese covets

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

So Drake Spudrick's whole thing is telling everybody on 205 Live that the gimmicks WWE gave them suck and blaming the wrestlers for it?
I do think its being a little too scorched earth since it wasn't like Drew Gulak's and Gallagher's gimmicks were bad

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

how come i still can't buy that drew gulak shirt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

I do think its being a little too scorched earth since it wasn't like Drew Gulak's and Gallagher's gimmicks were bad

Gallagher has been very bad as a heel. His face gentleman gimmick was very cool and good, though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

VJeff posted:

Gallagher has been very bad as a heel. His face gentleman gimmick was very cool and good, though.

his indie persona was more or less just a less campy version of the same face gimmick, right? I mean I saw him at that weird PROGRESS NYC show and that's more or less how he worked, less umbrella flops and more headbutts but still all Gentlemanly

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

dont make gulak the boring cwc gulak :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah, and if the replacement gimmick for Gulak is "guy in a shirt who looks serious and doesn't talk" it's a huge waste.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

having never seen pre-cwc gulak i hope he just squashes the poo poo outta nese with a bunch of nasty poo poo cuz wasn't that his thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

dont make gulak the boring cwc gulak :(

Notice this didn't happen when Vince was involved

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

his indie persona was more or less just a less campy version of the same face gimmick, right? I mean I saw him at that weird PROGRESS NYC show and that's more or less how he worked, less umbrella flops and more headbutts but still all Gentlemanly

I never saw him in the indies, but that's what I gather, yeah. His gentlemanly shtick was very unique and very charismatic as a face, but it lost all of his charm when he INEXPLICABLY became Brian Kendrick's buddy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They keep pushing "IT'S ABOUT REPRESENTING 205 LIVE AT WRESTLEMANIA!" so much, I am gonna be both absolutely livid and completely unsurprised when it's on the pre-show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

VJeff posted:

They keep pushing "IT'S ABOUT REPRESENTING 205 LIVE AT WRESTLEMANIA!" so much, I am gonna be both absolutely livid and completely unsurprised when it's on the pre-show.

to be fair, so will like 3 of the main roster championships, i'm sure

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

But only an 8 hour main card, where could they possibly find the time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm not really sure what was expected from this heel vs heel match where they took away the one over heel's gimmick but i hope they were smart enough to know this is more or less how it would have to go

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

i'm not really sure what was expected from this heel vs heel match where they took away the one over heel's gimmick but i hope they were smart enough to know this is more or less how it would have to go

Gulak‘s gimmick never worked into matches anyway.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Drew Gulak left his feet! :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Except for the goofy spot where he got all Bambi-legged on the ropes and a tournament really isn't the time or the place.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

He would incorporate his disgust/fear of "high flying" spots and it was usually pretty entertaining.

Now he's just... some generic looking guy growling and grimacing.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

as long as drew can still cut the same promos he was cutting before he'll be okay

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Drew doing Oney's spots

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

as long as drew can still cut the same promos he was cutting before he'll be okay

Last week Spud basically told him to stop doing those promos, so probably he won't :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony Nese is a strong boy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Tony Nese has got a fuckin rear end on him.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

these guys are beating the absolute poo poo out of each other

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Tony Nese has got a fuckin rear end on him.

Come on dude, don't be like thHoly poo poo he does :stare:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

goddamn, drew.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

KILL DREW KILL

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Drew going insane

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rip Tony Nese, dead by Gulak.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well the majority of the match was meh, but Gulak murdering Nese in the last few minutes was well done.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

KILL DREW KILL

the only thing keeping drew gulak from being an unstoppable killing machine is when he's allowed to do silly gimmicks, that's the plan going forward.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Drew does the dragon sleeper better than Sanada.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i like how everyone in 205 gets to keep their first and last name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

i like how everyone in 205 gets to keep their first and last name

So you're saying we need to put Luke Harper on 205 Live...

• Locked thread